Rally - Rallye de France - Mon 2nd & Tues 3rd August 2010

Hmm, you really notice the little power on these. I can't get them sliding at all Handbrake seems to just stop the car lol.

You really have to get the revs up to get the S2000 cars powersliding. It takes a much different driving style than N4 or A8W where you have mid range torque, these cars are all about keeping the revs high. The nice thing is that if you get into trouble, a manageable car is just an upshift away.

Just to be clear, there is no service (and thus no tire changes) on this rally?

Correct Aaron, you get to start each Stage with a new car. You get free tyre choice for each Stage though, either by having it automatically selected by RSRBR2010 or you can manually select your own tyre preference before running each Stage.

Welcome to our Rally Club Aaron, hope you have fun. :cool:

Correct Aaron, you get to start each Stage with a new car. You get free tyre choice for each Stage though, either by having it automatically selected by RSRBR2010 or you can manually select your own tyre preference before running each Stage.

Welcome to our Rally Club Aaron, hope you have fun. :cool:

Ah, so like having service each stage, got it.

It's going to be a whole different rally than I am used to, I have gotten used to even pace and consistency in the Rallyesim championships. Flat out here I come!

Can we choose now Fiesta S2000 2010, I guess after latest up-date they fix it and it's not anymore the worse one ?

I did a bit of quick testing to compare the Fiesta 2010 with the older Fiesta.
The new one did seem better and more competitive than I found previously. Maybe they improved it with the recent Update 05, or perhaps it is better on Tarmac.

I was still slightly quicker in the older Fiesta, but the Fiesta 2010 is quite fun on Tarmac. If people want to use it they can, I'd be interested to see what others think about it. It's a great looking model and sounds nice too.

Hmm, you really notice the little power on these. I can't get them sliding at all Handbrake seems to just stop the car lol.

Yep these are not as easy to get sliding on tarmac. However, there are more ways to skin a cat, it may not be as important to do sliding handbrake turns with these cars on tarmac, you can still get them around tight turns in a more controlled fashion (at least for me :wink: ).
I still use the handbrake to get it turned in but try to get back on the power as soon as possible to exit through the turn. The advice about keeping the power up is valid though, these cars thrive on high revs. The're quick little brutes too. :cool:

I'm far from the fast drivers here, and I may be quite wrong, but here is a video showing how I am trying to drive these cars on tarmac. Maybe it will help a bit, or maybe some of the really fast guys can show how to do it.

You really have to get the revs up to get the S2000 cars powersliding. It takes a much different driving style than N4 or A8W where you have mid range torque, these cars are all about keeping the revs high. The nice thing is that if you get into trouble, a manageable car is just an upshift away.

Well, this helped me enjoy the cars a helluva lot more, so cheers :). I still fell of a hill and probably seriously injured myself though.

Don't really have a sense of speed with these cars, with their sound and the way they handle, I never think I'm going fast enough. Until I fall off the aforementioned hill and die, of course.

Well, this helped me enjoy the cars a helluva lot more, so cheers :). I still fell of a hill and probably seriously injured myself though.

Don't really have a sense of speed with these cars, with their sound and the way they handle, I never think I'm going fast enough. Until I fall off the aforementioned hill and die, of course.

I do the exact same thing in these cars, high revs push me to go flat out which makes me crash out. Hard to find a steady pace when you are trying to ring the car out :)

Well, after contacting the buffalo helpline about my hard drive, they told me to take it back to the retailer. Off I go to WOW sight and sound, expecting the worst, but 10 minutes later I'm walking out the door with a brand new drive and a $30 store credit because they are on special at the moment. Don't know anyone who does that. I've been in retail for some 30 odd years and can I tell you that was the most pleasant shopping experience I have ever been involved in. Usually you have to fight like cats and dogs to even get them to send anything away to be even looked at.

I am definately in for tuesday nights run. Just a quick copy of the clean rbr folder, install rsrbr and away we go.

Replays from this rally are definately welcome, will have all my video stuff installed again in no time. However, it would be helpful if you could just send replays you are particularly proud of, the ones where you did a great sequence of corners maybe, or the ones where you just missed a huge crash or even the ones where you have no idea how your car is even still going. If you have a particular skin you used, either please add it to the files or give me the address to get it from :)

elmomarty@bigpond.com

Cheers guys

ALL DRIVERS PLEASE NOTE:

There has now been a release of Patch 01 for Update 05.

It can be found HERE

I don't know exactly what it does, apparently fixes a 308 error that some people have experienced since Update 05.

It is recommended that you all get this small Patch before this Rally.

I have updated the top post (Event post). :rolleyes:

Yep these are not as easy to get sliding on tarmac. However, there are more ways to skin a cat, it may not be as important to do sliding handbrake turns with these cars on tarmac, you can still get them around tight turns in a more controlled fashion (at least for me :wink: ).
I still use the handbrake to get it turned in but try to get back on the power as soon as possible to exit through the turn. The advice about keeping the power up is valid though, these cars thrive on high revs. The're quick little brutes too. :cool:

I'm far from the fast drivers here, and I may be quite wrong, but here is a video showing how I am trying to drive these cars on tarmac. Maybe it will help a bit, or maybe some of the really fast guys can show how to do it.

Hmm thats helped loads. I was using the handbrake alot more than you to try get them more sideways and thats where it went wrong :p. Thanks alot :).

I'm bad on tarmac, I don't like it, because I don't know my limits, so the crash could happened. I have to drive slowly and use more brake pedal, if I want to be in pointed place. Last week I push too much and crash, the SupeRally made me on 12 position, so now I know that driving more safety is much better than driving like a madman.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back