Rally - Possum Bourne Tribute - Mon 23rd & Tues 24th August 2010

Enyone used on last ss gravel tyers ? Because I suspect that are pretty quick than the tarmac ones that were by default ( and I forgot to swich them :( ) . Great car, slides, oversteer, understeer, super to drive, of course it's a Subaru :) .
Thanks everyone who participated and created this event.

Huh, the rally was a pleasant experience overall, but not without flaws.

First two stages were great, we were dicing with Senad and Hampus. I tossed it all away on SS3, going off the road and spinning out of control couple of times. SS4 seemed to suit me, as I was able to win the EU "class" here, despite just trying to feel out the surprising road surface (I overlooked this and SS8 prior to the start).

In Japan I was slowly closing on Hampus, but Senad had an impressive pace, I was starting to acknowledge the fact that only his mistake can take me closer to him. [And Senad - not only 4 drivers in 4 seconds - 3 drivers in 1.7s!. On the Noiker! Bonkers.] Pirka Menoko seen me move up a bit, but the gap was still huge before SS8 when it all came crashing down. I don't know, maybe the tyre autoselect picked tarmac tyres (gravel ones were the way to go there IMO - and those felt more like used winter tyres than racing slicks :/), but the feel was completely out of the window. Car slid way more than on wet surface, tarmac felt just weird (front felt completely weightless, yet entire car was very prone to sliding off without warning). And on the gravel it wouldn't turn nor brake. All the reflexes from previous stages were no good there and I was going off turn after turn. Ozzies are gonna be way faster there if they'll pay attention to the tyre select.

Warren and Senad - thanks for the organization, though. And thanks to all the racers for making the results window crowdy :)

Enyone used on last ss gravel tyers ? Because I suspect that are pretty quick than the tarmac ones that were by default ( and I forgot to swich them :( ) . Great car, slides, oversteer, understeer, super to drive, of course it's a Subaru :) .
Thanks everyone who participated and created this event.

Had the default tires. Probably should've taken the other ones, I was all over the place on tarmac, horrible...

but the gap was still huge before SS8 when it all came crashing down. I don't know, maybe the tyre autoselect picked tarmac tyres (gravel ones were the way to go there IMO - and those felt more like used winter tyres than racing slicks :/), but the feel was completely out of the window. Car slid way more than on wet surface, tarmac felt just weird (front felt completely weightless, yet entire car was very prone to sliding off without warning). And on the gravel it wouldn't turn nor brake. All the reflexes from previous stages were no good there and I was going off turn after turn. Ozzies are gonna be way faster there if they'll pay attention to the tyre select.
That's it! The car had a tendency to just snap loose, and I could never catch it. Ended up crusing with 20% throttle.

The Australian Mix-mod stage was fine, nothing out of the ordinary. But I couldn't handle Japan at all.

Maybe Hampus can share his thoughts, he had a much better time than me. Didn't catch your time Lukasz.
Looking forward to Aussie comments too.

Best of luck Dariusz :doublethumb:

Well what can I say.. Hate the Japanese stages and I also hate driving on tarmac. I was all over the place on the last stage and killed some spectators lol.

Other than that my results were okay I guess, I'm just happy if I get trough every stage without wrecking the car.

Sounds like there will be some good replays in there :eek: If you are sending me some please do so as soon as you can, I have a pretty full schedule this week and would like to try and get them done as soon as I can. If you just pick 4 replays that would be cool.

Cheers guys

Guys, regarding the last Stage (Japan with Mix Mod), did any of you read my intro post for the Event (the third Post?).

"I’ve also included two stages using the Mix Mod, as a test to see how you like it. For Australia, the Mix Mod seems to be a mix of two types of gravel, but for Japan it is a mix of gravel and tarmac, so check your tyre selection for that one (gravel tyres seemed better to me)."

Just finished sorting the EU results. This was one of the closest rallies overall, as far as stage times go. 3-4-5 drivers within 10 seconds on practically every stage :). Noiker, mentioned above, less than 2 seconds for top 3; 4 seconds for top 4. On the longest RBR stage. Lovely.

I hope OCX and OC will be nice, and won't be much faster than us :D

Guys, regarding the last Stage (Japan with Mix Mod), did any of you read my intro post for the Event (the third Post?).

I didn't even know the Mix Mod existed and as the time between deciding to start and the actual start was short I missed the info. My bad, but what you're gonna do now, eh? ;)

Australia on MixMod was fun though. Really nice. As I already mentioned Japan felt a bit not right, will have to compare it to regular tarmac in the future.

EDIT: O second thought - could you please, please make such statements in bold/colour in the future? I'm often sweeping quite fast through later posts and it took me a while to find this info now, even while looking exactly for it ;)

Well Senad I don't think you will have to worry about my times. It will teach me for working all night then coming home and trying to drive a rally, lol.

SS1 : ok stage nothing went wrong and i thought "Yes, I'm going for the win today"
SS2 : CFH once and really didn't get into it. starting to feel tired now
ss3 : (this is maybe my FAV stage in RBR) Going well untill I dropped a wheel off the road...................followed by the rest of the car, CFH
SS4 : Apart from a spin at one junction a good stage
SS5 : gave it EVERYTHING. the best stage I drove today and easily beat my personal stage record
SS6/7 : I don't like these stages, but i put together 2 that were ok. A spin and tree was the only problem.
SS8 : I took the right tyres......................but left my brain in the glove box. Slid off about 2km into the stage. Just a small tree, but it was enough to kill the radiator. Thought, it's been a bad event anyway, I'm going for it agian. Was having fun and driving well untill the engine went BBBRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................... clunk.

Oh well.

Thanks to Warren and Senad again. I look forward to seeing the Noiker times at least. And to Dariusz, WOW. I know what I can do when I set good times and I did have some VERY good splits..................but you were right on me or better than me. Pity you skipped a few stages. Can see you will be a winner in the VERY near future. (btw: A league if you join in now;))

ss3 : (this is maybe my FAV stage in RBR)

That reminded me, I must say I liked the Australian stages a lot this evening :). Guess it was a combination of the ever so lovely Impreza and my less stupid driving.

SS5 : gave it EVERYTHING. the best stage I drove today and easily beat my personal stage record
That doesn't look good for our "top 4 in 4 seconds" bit :eek:. I wonder what the time was...

EDIT: ok, just saw the Noiker time... :pray:

Senad,

Just did your replays for the video. Stage 5 was just really well done, congrats. You may take ' mr smooth and steady ' for that one.

Stage 8 ... ummmmm, ouch is the best I could think of. It almost looked like you were driving on snow. However, you did drive between the 2 marshals ..... kind of :) I think the collision detection for them was turned off. You drove between the top and bottom of them both from what I could see LOL. Highlights of course in the video :) ) Any other time you had done that I think it would have been a sea of red. So many trees and shrubs right where they were I think it thought they were a pair of useless shrubs and as we all know, in this game most of the marshalls are just that.

I get the feeling this video may be a fun filled one going on what Rick has just posted.

Cheers

I have to admit i got prepared for the 1st time:tongue:. I drove AUS twice each stage on Sunday and JAP before the rally started:) And it paid off, i wasn't so blinded anymore:cool::D:D
Nice not to rally alone so thx 4 joining Rick.

Greenhills: when will those disco's stop for me??:mad: On my 2nd run in practice i did 03:39.05 but got over 8 min for DNF today.:drink:
Mineshaft II : Had a good run and a win by 10 sec on Rick:tongue:
East West: Another win by 20 sec., not too many mistakes:rolleyes:
New Bobs II: Much much closer but still a win by 4 sec. lol

So i,m sitting happy with 3 wins and imaginary 24 sec advantage :bang: and feeling good...ish for Japan.:redface:

Noiker: My 24 sec lead was reduced to nil, :zip:, ok i had bad run but still could only manage flat 8 min in my practice runs and those felt good. 7.48.. thats devil territory Rick:D:D
Pirka Minoko:Average drive sees me another 5 sec down to Rick:tongue:
Tanner: Thats the closest drive between us and i won by 1.82 sec :cool:
Sipirkakim II: Rick retired in last sector and i have head on with a tree but got the car home:)

With 1 retirements each i lost the battle by 10 sec:tongue::D:D, very close indeed :cool::cool:

I,m getting into grips with BRB and i enjoy this exprience very much, no other game old or new comes so close to recreating the actual feel of driving a car with anger:rally:

Thx to all and now lets see what the final result will be. GLA:rolleyes:

Can't make this one tonight! i'm away from home til the weekend.
Hope everyone has a good rally and congrats to the top place finishers.

RIP Peter (Possum) Bourne.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back