Rally - Pocketbike - Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd April 2013

Here we go... and I already managed to choose the wrong car (and while writing this, launched the second stage and kept writing, therefore minimised the game and when i put it back up: black screen.

Oh well, my rally starts at ss3!

Uff, FWD was not made for me! I finished all the stages I started, but greatly thanks to the car which is really a pocketTANK! after breaking the winidshield in Chirdonhead I decided to let my principles go just for this one and drove in bumper view. I got disappointed on how much easier it is to be fast in this view. So fast that i felt like flying until at high speed the car hits something (on the line!) and is catapulted off the road, so I had to powershift to the end.

Challenging one, with nice mix of stages, thanks guys for your time setting it up as always! :thumbsup:

Also, it seems that the session is not even created. If its possible to create then I would like to at least try get the track pack on time to be there

Any sessions with no drivers 12 hours before session start. Will not be created!

It's the general rule. We might make them, as we try to get as many drivers as possible, but no guarantee if the request is made later :)

Can I still join ? I'd be glad to run in the Oceania session :) (Nickname: Miniwintz)

Just try to stick to the normal way of signing up ;) We would prob. figured out who "miniwintz" was anyway, but just to make it a bit faster, slicker for us :)
And, as long as a session is made, you can drive - just remember to sign up (even after you have finished the rally, if you forgot to sing up before) :)

Thank you for setting this fun rally. :)
I liked the car and it can give Civic and Peugeot a run for their money.

Chirdonhead gave me the most problems. Had two very scary moments. On the long straight after the fast turn the car lost it's balance and I got close to the ditch that would've sent me into trees. Later close at the end, at the 90 degree corner, I didn't brake early and because the stage is very fast I chocked and missed the braking point completely. Luckily it's a road junction so I used it as a run off area and stopped the car.

Hadnt even seen the car before someone already had parked the car on the starting line at SS1. exiting experience., Training would have been useful. Took a couple of stages to learn this little soap. Had big problem on SS2. Heavy understeering. Went off several times, including a big roll, but the car kept going and I got away with only one CFH.
Rest of rally was relatively ok. generally a lot slower than Dubravko.
Had forgotten Hradek1 and had some problems to find the way. Lost 15-20 sec on a spin at Puy du Lac.
Thanks for organising!

Remembered about this rally with literally 2 minutes to spare. :p

Very enjoyable, the car was quite fun for the most part. Made a few mistakes on the Czech stage, causing me to reverse twice (Junctions! :p). Then had a retirement in Chirdonhead after going off road, CFH, but still unable to get traction, CFH again, eventually got it, only to have the same thing happen a bit later down the road, and with an 8-minute stage time I elected to retire, didn't realize this stage had a 10-minute penalty time, should've kept going (something to learn from this rally.)
Massive understeer in Puy Du Lac, saw me visit the grapevines a few times, but all in good fun. :D

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the pace. I feel like my stage times are improving, still got to work on some consistency, but that was a good rally for me I think. Certainly, I had fun, very glad I remembered.

Cheers to the organizers and competitors, great fun.

Interesting rally with a nice car. I landed wrong after a jump on Rally Poland, and shot into the trees and retired, and outbraked myself twice on Chirdonhead as my 2 biggest time-losses.
Funny car to drive, will go up on the list of cars to use later on aswell :)

Ah, didn't notice you had the time listed as 8:30 EDST.....we've finished Daylight Savings over here now so I logged in just in time to see SS8 begin. :(
Could you please shift the time forward by an hour for subsequent events?
That one has passed by us witout us noticing. Will be changed for coming events so the local time will stay the same as it has been through the Australian summer :)

Congratulations to the podiumers :)

Thanks!

Congrats! You make my times look ridiculously bad :laugh:
Thank you! :)
I've noticed that I'm very close to the best drivers at rallyesim.com with FWD, particularly with R3 class. Partially I think it's because some of the setup parts are blocked for tweaking in R3. Also there is not much you can change if you want to have a legal setup by rallyesim. Mine is so if someone that took part in this rally is interested I can share.

Congratulations to everyone involved, had some nice battles with Sion and Daniel on many of the stages which was very fun for once, being able to compare the times, Dubravko was just steaming ahead so was looking to beat Daniel which I did, just :D

Not happy with some of the retirements I had, on Chirdonhead I was expecting gravel but didn't change tires so had tarmac tires, wet, but my setup was especially set up for Gravel so it was a scary ride until the same bump that Dubravko just about managed to survive, so did I but I flew into the trees but managed to survive it somehow. Come next bump and I had the same thing except a tree sat perfectly for me to front end it, stage over.

Had a lot of troubles at SS2 - Poland - as well, had never driven the stage and got to the jump followed by a easy left to Hard Right, Tightens, where I went wide and rear side ended a tree and flew off into the scenery taking many seconds to get back on the gravel again.

The other stages went quite well, Akagi was very enjoyable with this car, only enjoyable Tarmac Stage of the rally, was very happy with my time at Puy as well :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%