Rally - Olé - Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th July 2011

Woooo! Lovely!
Looked at the first few stages on Wednesday - but mostly came into this blind.
Heavy competition all the way through.
Finished 2nd, 3 seconds behind Ben! :rose-dead:

Some very nice stages mixed in here - thanks for the event, refreshing stuff kids.

OC GUYS, I COMMAND YOU TO LET ME FINISH ON THE PODIUM THIS WEEK.

(Looking at Mr Loveland)

Was an amazing rally, so close all the way through! just managed to hold onto 1st, with 3 seconds infront of Norman.

Good driving by everyone, it was so close!

Lovely car and lovely stages.

thanks Wozza :)

And they say i cant rally :p

ps

Please let me stay on the podium so i can go to grade 2 :)

Please let me stay on the podium so i can go to grade 2 :)

Not sure if that's a condition for Grade 2.

To become a Grade 2 driver you must have:
  • Driven in 6 RDRC rounds in a row from the start of season 3
  • 5 rounds during either season 1 or 2
  • Finished 10th or higher among the Grade 2 clasification in one event
  • 5th or higher in Champions league RDRC season 2 in one event
  • Win Grade 3 for a season

Good rally :wink: just can't get any sort of speed on the 'motorways' - much better on the tracks with some corners. Would love to see some of these tracks developed further and fully incorporated into RSCenter so that we could edit the pacenotes.

Pete

LOL, I'm afraid I will be missing this one. Running the championship and real life work need to take my time tonight. Good luck to everyone anyway, the stages looked good and the Ibiza was fun to drive.

Ready to go....
Love the liveries on these cars-can't mistake that bright yellow for anything but a SEAT.

Did a quick run on Martin Luis before logging into the session. Took an eon to load-hope I am not booted off the rally before the end of stage 1. Nope-no problems. Fun stage.

SS2 ran quite shakey at the start causing me to make an error,then ran okay. Needed a taller gearset for this stage.

SS3 grip levels unrealistic here, a bit shaky causing me to hit a guardrail and roll. CFH...

SS4 glorious stage, ran like butter. Made an error or two (one cfh) and geared too low.

SS5 Pictorally a beautiful stage,and I'm glad it was short as I experienced about three dozen screen freezes during the course of it. But a very pretty stage...

SS6-Nice stage, quite tricky at points. Pace notes are third rate, but a fun stage.

SS7-Nice stage-some fiendishly placed stones at the end...

SS8-Once into the wooded area the stage began running quite choppy and was difficult to drive. Misjudged a turn and prnaged it-the end.
I'm on an older laptop, and I'm certain others didn't have the problems I faced.

I've never thought too much of BTB stages-theuy are a mixed lot, but many of these are quite good.

Thanks for this route, Warren. I never would have sought out these stages otherwise...

Great event! Thank you guys for setting it up! :D

Before I started I had high hopes because of Mediterranean roads which are a familiar surrounding environment for me. But now after the rally I don't after my mistakes.

On stage two I almost went up the cliff but gravity pulled me straight back on the road, engine first. I had to call for help and was left with 2nd gear only.
4th stage was very nice but scary at the end. Thankfully managed to keep the car straight and safe.
On stage 7 engine died on me after hitting a stone barrier. Very stupid mistake.

Thanks again and I hope you all managed to finish stage 8 because it is a beauty. :cool:
Great stage. Took long to finish it, wonder how long it took to build it. Kudos!

A nice turnout for the OC Session, and very enjoyable (and close Racing).
I'm not normally a lover of tarmac and especially the BTB Stages, but I must say this combo worked extremely well. A few minor bugs with the Stages but nothing of any note. These stages were nice and flowing in many parts, but also had some tight twisty and hilly bits for variety.
The car was well suited to the Stages too.

Big thanks to Roy for the suggestion, we have now found some Stages that we can certainly use again.

The Racing in the OC Session was great. I took things pretty carefully since I didn't know the stages, but I managed to keep the car clean (up until the last Stage that is :tongue: ). At the start of the last Stage, I gave the huge boulder on the side of the road a wide berth, only to go too wide and understeer off the next turn, running head on into the smaller boulders on that side of the road. Miraculously, I could reverse out and the car kept going to the end of the Stage. :wink:

Had a huge battle with Damien all the way, but I only managed to finish in front on the first and last Stages, he was consistently quick tonight. Damien won the OC Session by just under 3 seconds.
Well done Damien, you were too good tonight.

Thanks to the guys on TS, all good fun again. :D

rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Ben, Norman and Damien :trophy:

Stage wins:
Hubert Smolders: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Nigel Atkins: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Ben Tusting: 1 stage win :star:
Roy Magnes: 1 stage win :star:
Dubravko Sparovec: 1 stage win :star:
Jakub Sulej: 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up, see you all next week :rally:

Please remember to sign up if you plan to drive, so I don't have to search the forums to find out who is who in the session.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Time to enter the Championship.

Thanks again Warren and the RBR team :thumbsup:
original

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back