Rally - NGP AWD Testing - Mon 13th & Tue 14th October 2014

I drove the Hyundai WRC... was strange to drive.Good on gravel but felt very slippery on joux plane (tarmac dry).. Was like driving with winter tires on dry sommer tarmac. Snow stage on my run had gravel graphic.Those who made snow physics havent driven much on snow. Was weird... Some CFH in this rally for me..

Fun anyway.. Some good fighting with "the flash" Corey on some stages :thumbsup: Both dudes with pedal to metal and off-road expeditions:rolleyes:

Yeah good fight with Torbjørn until on SS04 I must have made an error with my navigation. at about 4 minutes I was flat out when suddenly the stage ended and retired me. After that I was angry with myself and crashed a ton in SS05 and then I just quit :( I did like the physics but the tail did seem a little snappy if you got to far around so the goal was to just keep things neat. I found myself on two wheels quite often as well.

Thanks to all it was a great rally.

Allrighty then, now I've had a go in the Hyundai and from what I could feel I'd say that the rear end is a bit like a Porsche..... It's very heavy which results in a too big of a slide makes the rear end overtake the front end.

In the hairpin and 90 degree corners the handling felt very realistic but in the faster corners, especially on tarmac, the rear end was a bit too willing to go out of line to cause you a bit of trouble.
Be discription I can give to the feel that it provided, a rear wheel drive with close to only the rims providing the drive for the car.

But overall a very good update to this game, I really like the extra weight, it makes the car handle much more realistic, especially the FWD Golf Mk2 which I can compare very well to my own Mk1 Folkrace/Bilcross car.

I don't know how the modding works, but if you could remove just a bit of weight off the rear end, maybe by 5-10%, the cars would be very very good to drive :)

EDIT: Just had another go in the Golf. Don't you dare touch it :p

It feels fanstastic, very close to the real car :D

Last edited:
Well, I think the loose end is caused by the rear diff, which is locked 75%.
This is for sure more than the genuine active diff ever locked.
The Hyundai is special as it has front and center active diffs, but a mechanical rear diff.
You can adjust all these settings with the standard RBR setup editor, or my SetupManager tool.

Still this car is front weight biased, so way off a Porsche.
Try riding the NGP Porsche and then decide if the Hyundai still feels like a Porsche.
I suppose I already know the answer. ;)

I've never touched the NGP porsche after I drove it on a tarmac stage (Joux Plane) and I got to the first corner, in 3rd gear, turned in and the rear immedietly went around :roflmao:

I thought that would be the case but I simply went off the bit of experience I do have, which to be fair is more FWD than RWD/AWD and that Golf is fantastic so with a bit of tweaking from the default setup, I'm certain, as you say, that the AWD's will feel really good as well, but in default state, too rear end happy (driven most of the other AWD's as well since I wrote the reply) and all of them, apart from the Audi Quattro's and the Pug 205 T16, felt very rear end happy but let's do some more practice.

Will update this once I've actually driven the cars setup the way I want them to be setup :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.5%