Rally - N4 Team Challenge 8 - Monday 3rd & Tuesday 4th February 2014

SS1: Spun once, had to do a CFH, lost me about 20-30 seconds. So meh.
SS2: Quite good, fastest in the server (EU) by quite a bit
SS3: Span once in the 1st split, but dominated the 3rd split, everything just clicked.
SS4: Span once again, lost me about 10 seconds, but overall a very good stage for me. Quite a lot faster than anybody else in EU.
SS5: Fastest once again I do believe, can't really remember. :O
SS6: Lost everything here, struggled so bad with understeer on the gravel. Trees and CFHs everywhere... Then ofc, to end it my engine stopped working just before the finish line and I stopped about 10 meters away from it. Then lost about 7 minutes on retiring from it... So annoyed about that...

Does that mean I won a stage? :cautious: :D:roflmao:

I was so frustarted after Smetin where I was flying until you have that, in the notes, Medium left over crest no caution which saw me forget the gate poles just after the crest. CHF and locked 3rd gear :cry:
In my own notes I have it as a "Slow 3 over crest Big Caution" :cautious:

I somehow managed to chose the wrong Mitsu as I wanted the Evo7 but chose the Evo8, probably becuase I relized as the stages were beginning I was on a WRC Scoda and needed to change to the N4 cars and therefore was a bit too quick in the chosing of stages.

I only had one clean and good stage which was SS5 so if I managed to win that one I'll be a, for once, happy Sweed :roflmao:

All the stages, except for Northumbria which could do with better notes and a slightly "smother" transitions over crests and some corners, so I was enjoying myself even though I had a few offs and crashes during the rally :)

My game crashed to desktop after the 2nd split on SS1. SS2 I crashed out. SS3 I broke the gearbox. SS4 I put the EVO 7 into the crowd. I really liked driving the car and it felt really good but without practice and being unfamiliar with the stages I decided to end my rally early. Thanks to all.

SS1: Very bland stage and a rather uneventful run to start my rally.
SS2: Decent run apart from messing up those tricky little hairpin chicane bits.
SS3: My favourite stage of the rally, but unfortunately not one that I'm very quick at.
SS4: A truly evil stage - please kill it with fire someone. Somehow survived it though.
SS5: Confusing and pointless stage.
SS6; Switch to gravel was a bit of a shock to the system, but finished despite some hairy moments. Erik messed up here so I managed to win the EU session by 7 minutes which is something I doubt I'll ever repeat again.

SS1 : Easily my best stage of this rally. Was clean and quick and took the win in my session.
SS2 : Was good and had no issues at all but Erik handed my butt to me.
SS3 : I love this stage and was chronically disappointed when I went off backward and found a new tree to make friends with. Car felt ok if not a tad worse for wear and I lost about 20 seconds.
SS4 : Finished it, which in my book feels as good as a rally win. This stage is the spawn of satan and with only 3 spins it was easily my best run of about 3 that I have completed.
SS5 : I was untidy but didn't go hitting anything. An average time and an average stage.
SS6 : Very enjoyable stage but the sudden change in surface got to me in the final sector where I lost 30 odd seconds untangling the car from a tree on two occasions.

That said I finished every stage which looks to have been a tricky thing to do with this rally. Hoping for a podium but I reckon others that have finished all stages will be beating me.

Cheers for running this one.

- Oscar.

Chuffed to bits to make it 2 club rally wins in a row. Always tricky to keep it on the road and remain consistent but I am just about getting my head around it again, would like to have some more outright pace before the new season starts but it seems to have been close enough for the recent club rallies.

Cheers,

- Oscar.

Yes, I saw the post about SS5 but then later completely forgot it and didn't watch the video about how to drive it.

It just felt like a maze, like this stage was made through Inception by Leonardo di Caprio's mind. The whole time I was just hoping there would be road in from of me, and felt joy when I actually saw the finish line!

Since Im not a fan of tarmac I was looking forward to a complete disaster here. Im glad that I finished the last stage which I drove for the first time here. It seemed really fun and the night made it somehow.. romantic? :p Those tarmac stages were also nice but I wasnt able to enjoy them fully. Im not a tarmac driver.. :D

Thanks for the rally, looking forward for the next one :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%