Rally - Mud n Slush @ Japan - Monday 6th & Tuesday 7th February 2012

Warren Dawes

Premium
Sorry Senad, that was all partly my fault. I advised Mike yesterday:

Welcome Mike.
Which one of the US Sessions were you looking at, US or USX?
We can create a new one if you need it, or if you want the US one, maybe we can move it an hour or two later, depending on what Joe Melin ends up doing. If you want a new one, you need to confirm your sign-up (with the new time) at least 12 hours before the event.

At this stage Joe Melin is the only one who indicated to join the US Session, but he chose an unavailable car and therefore isn't "officially" signed up yet, so I was waiting to see what he was going to do. If he doesn't sign-up correctly, or is prepared to start an hour later, we will still only have two US Sessions.

So for now, a new Session, USZ, starting 04:00 GMT has been created.

This is a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere; do we race both Monday & Tuesday night? Are the points combined?
As for the game itself, I'm in love. Why didn't I get this game earlier? An absolute gem. Too bad I have to prepare for a league race on Sunday night & another on Wednesday night also in rFactor. :confused:
So little time...

Warren Dawes

Premium
This is a stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere; do we race both Monday & Tuesday night? Are the points combined?

No Mike, there is only one Rally day. Drivers pick whichever Session they prefer to join.
The confusion may be in regard to the nominated US Sessions. We always specify the Start times in GMT (so we use a consistent / standard base across the world). However, the GMT Start times for USA are Tuesday, but the local time in USA is Monday.
I hope that clarifys your query ?

Even though I signed up for the 11pm US server, could I join the 10pm US server (if I get off work early) or would this screw everything up. I'm just thinking that it would let Senad off the hook with server duties. Just wondering if its an option. Thanks all for your patience with me. :confused:

Warren Dawes

Premium
Even though I signed up for the 11pm US server, could I join the 10pm US server (if I get off work early) or would this screw everything up.

Yes, once a Server Session is created, you can join any of them. However, it doesn't help Senad a lot since he still has to create the Session "just in case". It does help him a tad since he doesn't have to retrieve another set of results.
The biggest problem for us in setting up extra Sessions is that RallyeSim have a restriction of allowing only 3 total numbers of Sessions at a time for the person setting it up. You can imagine the issues that creates for Senad in making sure to close older ones to enable him to set up new ones (especially in the middle of the night his time). So, the fewer the better, but we want to encourage as many drivers as we can, especially in USA where the timezones are so widely spread.

However, having said all that, I'm sure it is better to have company in the Session, so drivers should try to group together. It would certainly be better for you and Joe to drive the same session rather than both having lonely runs one hour apart. ;)

Alright then, cancel the 11pm slot. I'll try the 10pm server & race what I can. If I miss the 1st leg it won't matter much. I just want to see how this operation works. Thanks for clearing this all up for me. I'll race along with Mr. Melin. I'd rather compare times with someone else as I race also.

One final final question. Are the other drivers visible on track during the session or is it a private session?

So nice to see the US/USX sessions growing. I have another few weeks of Monday night classes so I'm not home until 10 or 10:30. No time to join EU/EX this week either :( Hope to join you guys next week in one session or another.

Can't make it to the EUX session. 19.00 GMT would be perfect but I think there's no point in making a fourth Europe session so I'll just drive in the EU session.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 79 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%
  • €3001-5000