Rally - Mud n Slush @ Japan - Monday 6th & Tuesday 7th February 2012

I went & tried a few different cars yesterday & came up with an odd problem. Twice, the Toyota Corolla WRC doesn't load up properly cuz all I see is tires & frame - no body! I'm in cockpit view & changing to any view still gives me the same result. I wish I'd taken a sceenshot to post here. All the other cars I tried loaded up fine but the Corolla is missing parts :eek: even after rebooting system. Maybe I've got some missing files for that car?

testing is tricky... if i start with a quick car and set a time on a same stage, then as i get more used the stage i can set a quicker time on a slower car... as i test more and start to get tired i can then set a slow time in a fast car. I tried the aw8 08 cars last year and found little dif with the scooby (the 2 sec diff warren speaks of), which was a false economy as it IS the slower car... (but i did stick with it until the bitter end) I will be able to see the diff properly this year when i compare to the citroen.

If you really want to test them, then it needs to be over a considerable amount of stage miles/days. (in my humble oppinion)

jc

I did as you suggested Warren & I got the same results.
I took a screenshot but can't seem to upload it. Anyways, all you see is wheels - no body when in cockpit view. All other views are fine.

I went & tried a few different cars yesterday & came up with an odd problem. Twice, the Toyota Corolla WRC doesn't load up properly cuz all I see is tires & frame - no body! I'm in cockpit view & changing to any view still gives me the same result. I wish I'd taken a sceenshot to post here. All the other cars I tried loaded up fine but the Corolla is missing parts :eek: even after rebooting system. Maybe I've got some missing files for that car?

It's actually normal behaviour. Some cockpit views are just that, cockpit views; you see the dash, parts of the body, but the rest doesn't exist.

If you can see the drivers hands in your cockpit view, then you can see the entire car. If not, you get what you got there.

EDIT: actually, I might be talking rubbish there. I see you don't see the car even when changing views? Does that include swingman camera too? Or are you just talking about moving the camera with CamHack?

This only happens in cockpit view. Other views are ok. So I guess its ok then. Does it do the same thing in you game also? Its too bad cuz that car is really nice to drive.
Yes, that's normal, and all cars are like that.

As I said, if you see the driver and co-driver, you can see everything. If you have an empty cockpit view, it's only the shell of the car.

lol warren, I am not suggesting anyone tests to that extent for club or country, gawd no. I merely point out that testing cars is tricky. The consistancy required by the driver to judge on stage times, for me, is nigh on near impossible. One slightly missed corner is 2 secs. But you can, very quickly, get a 'feel' ok, and spot any obvious handling purposes....

Test cars for hours, noooooooooo definately not. no sireee bob. Barely enough time for work, avoiding chores and slobbing in front of the tv here,

For the C'ship this year for me it was a choice of:

scooby: been there done that
Ford: quite simply it has 5 gears, which makes me feel cheated (lmfao) I want my moneys worth from this game, stunning updates and years of fun is not enough, I want all the gears....
Citreon: six gears and goes 'ok', hence my choice.

Here's the screenshot of the cockpit view. Is this normal cuz every other car looks nothing like this.

corollawrc.jpg

Hehe. I reinstalled the car pack this morning to no avail. Its not a huge deal, the car is still driveable but it looks odd. To be honest though, it might a plus since you can see the corners better without the panels in the way. :D

Here's the screenshot of the cockpit view. Is this normal cuz every other car looks nothing like this.

Blimey Mike, that is ugly. There is certainly something wrong there, and it must ruin the experience and immersion for you.
I'd suggest posting a question at RallyeSim here:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewforum.php?f=5

They have a diagnostic tool which can check to see if you have missing or corrupted files. You can post in English there and they will reply in English too (usually). If they go French on you, they also have a translation tool built into their Forum by simply clicking a button.
They are very helpful guys. ;)

Warren, your new picture threw me off for a few seconds. :eek: Nice Mini btw!

Thanks for setting up the rally and getting the results so quick. (Senad your the man)! Congrats to Magnar on the win, very fast driving. Hope to see you more often in the USX sessions.

Ryan seems to have fallen in love with the game so he will be back for more. Glad this forum keeps growning. Can't wait to see how many participate in the RDRC if the Club events draw this big of a crowd. :D

Mike, this is what it should look like:

9Vtia.jpg

Something looks unusual in your screenshot to me, maybe it is only to do with how you took the screenshot, BUT, it looks like the screen resolution may be distorted / squashed sideways. Look at the digidash compared to mine. Also, compare the position of the timing numbers top left.
What screen resolution are you using?
What resolution are you using in your Richard Burns Rally.ini file?
In your FixUp.ini file (found under Plugins), what setting are you using for this line, fixAspectRatio=0
In RSCenter, what is your setting for Full Screen RBR 3D Ratio? (It's found under File/Settings).

I am wondering if maybe you don't have each of these balanced?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%