Rally - Monte Carlo 2014 - Mon 13th & Tue 14th January 2014

Can't click EUR session, says it's in progress but I've done that, I chose my real name in RSRBR though so it's Erik Engman and not Eiktyrner now. If I can't join up this session I'll try to go with Roy in 45 mins. :)

wow first every rally
took it as fast as i dared - which looking at the fellow times turns out to be very slow!!!!!
how do you guys get such fast times, are you drifting sideways round most of the slow sections?
really good fun though and loads of room to improve ;-)

Just finished the rally, it was quite fun!
It's been a long time since I last launched RBR, and I was a bit short on time to do proper testing and recce.

I did two runs on joux plane to get a proper feeling of the car, and one on peyregrosse since it is undoubtedly the most difficult stage.

All in all I am pretty satisfied with my performance. I understeered in the first hairpin of the first stage (classic...), had to reverse and in the meantime I slightly hit a spectator :( Lost 30 seconds while making sure he wasn't seriously injured.
Afterwards, everything went pretty smoothly. Snow stages were a lot of fun and I surprised myself with the pace I was able to keep. Peyregrosse was a really nice finish for this rally, and I tried to go fast without taking too many risks.

Anyways, kudos to everyone who took part in this session and big thanks to the organizers, flawless as usual.

PS: that stage from rally slovenia is an absolute blast! I remember driving it on a couple of occasions in rFactor, but here in RBR with the pacenotes and everything, it's quite an experience. Very good work from whoever made it.

I know it's too late for the guys who've already done the runs, and not saved replays. but again:

If you save replays, and send them (together with a skin if you want a custom one) to me after the rally. I will make a little highlights video. If enough send it, that is.

@Nick Ross it's practice, practice and even more practice :) For me, not so much outside the club events though - but milage really helps in this game. And these are not the easiest cars to debut with either! :)

A great session indeed! Surprised I took a session stage win, probably when the others had problems.

Really liked the choice of stages, I (finally) had my head in place which means I got to the end of the rally in one piece! (and probably the first time I reached the end of Puy du Lac without spinning once). Also drove the Sorica stage for the very first time and finished it, quite happy with that as well.

Had a few encounters with trees, mainly in Bisanne, and had to reverse from a few hairpins as well as spinning in the
middle of the road once or twice.

A bit gutted that I clipped some 80's style spectators that were too balsy and stood on the inside of a hairpin on the last stage. Just like Damien, I opened the door to check if I had to call it a day, but the blonde woman eventually got up. Robert Reid did say "don't cut"...

@Magnus Lindgren, WHAT TIRES DID YOU CHOSE ON JOUX VERTE! ? Sorry for the capital letters, but I was (and still am a bit) in such a hype after that stage, because on the uphill the dry tarmac tire gamble must really have paid off as I was many seconds in front at the splits, but you ended up beating me by 0.6 seconds! I did have my "reversing at the hairpin" episode there as well I think, but this just felt like a PROPER Monte-Carlo tire gamble, and for the time I have been racing here and on the RDRC I know my pace is behind yours, but not by huge amounts, so I get a cool buzz everytime you are on the same session because I know I have a realistic time to aim for, which is yours! Although I almost never manage :)

EDIT
Well, now I'm too late to warn you about the downhill section in the last sector, you will lose a lot there!

Haha only saw this now! But I don't regret my decision, although now I remember there was a bit more wallriding at some hairpins that would have meant retirement in real life... :D

Roy and Ole Marius, as far as my opinion is concerned, the RD Rally Club couldn't have started better, thumbs up for you guys!! :)

And here's even some replays: https://www.mediafire.com/?0e2mrwd5b7r7hxa

Last edited:
I made a mistake and chose the wrong car. I had signed up for the Rallyesim 2001World Championship in a -01 Xsara WRC. Mixed it up and also took this car in the Club rally.
But it was good training forthe event coming up later this week... havent been driving anything since 2013 Mod. Not even training..
It was a nice battle in our session. Very tight.
I chose snow tires for the Joux Verte stage. Lost time uphill but gained downhill I Think
Thanks organisers!

Ah, shame, I didnt save replays. Next time :D

Otherwise, I think Ive gon for the wrong tires on the Monte Carlo mod stages. I just left snow tires on.....

Was a great rally, will definitely join some more!

Last edited:
Hoping I can make it this evening, It seems the final stage crashes my RBR for some reason..
Currently reinstalling all the tracks and hoping for the best!

Edit: reinstalling did the trick :)

Last edited:
Well something happened to me on the first stage so I had to close RSRBR and restart it, automatic DNF on SS1 but other than that it was all driver errors. :D

Punted on Sorica with .1km left. :D Was fun though, gotta do this more often, been well over a year since I drove a rally.

I know it's too late for the guys who've already done the runs, and not saved replays. but again:

If you save replays, and send them (together with a skin if you want a custom one) to me after the rally. I will make a little highlights video. If enough send it, that is.

@Nick Ross it's practice, practice and even more practice :) For me, not so much outside the club events though - but milage really helps in this game. And these are not the easiest cars to debut with either! :)

Many thanks Ole Marius Myrvolf - I will keep practicing

You probably wont want much of my footage but if case you do where should I send the replay to?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.5%