WIP Rally MOD - Discussion

Max units are confusing really.

Basically Racer uses metres, so if you set Max to 'generic' units and measure something with the ruler/tape to be 100% sure it's the right size range.

Racer can thus build in 'system' units of metres or inches, or km, but if the display is in generic units and things are the right number of generic units in size as if they were metres, then Racer doesn't care.

1.0 in Max generic == 1.0m in Racer.

However, to make life easier/simpler it's really sensible to set max system units to metres, and then use the display units as generic or metres.

For cars though I'd use a system unit size of centimetres, display units of centimetres or generic and then scale it all down 100x at export or whatever... (though for skinned/boned hands this might pose problems, hmmm)

Main reason being that as up to Max 2012 at least the default spinner scales/input thresholds remain linked to the system unit scale, so basically it's like using tools designed for things many metres across on something with sub 1cm details... so always set the system units in a range appropriate for the size of the thing you are making :D

Dave

Guys, how do I remove this from console?

screenshot005%20(3).png
Anyway, I started this last week but got no ideas on how to continue. Then ideas came back and I'm making a lot of progress. ^^

I'm having a bug with bumpmap. Take a look at the upper part of the road. I don't know what's happening .-.

screenshot019%20(3).png
screenshot004%20(3).png

I really can't see what we are meant to be looking at but like William said, probably a vert/smoothing group issue if it's what I think it is.

Looks like the normal map is flipped though or something is wrong because the white line has a dark edge facing the sun, and light away from the sun.

Invert the appropriate colour channel (red or green) in PS to get it the right way around :)

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back