Rally - MINI Monte 2012 - Monday 30th & Tuesday 31st January 2012

Discussion in 'RBR Rally Club' started by Warren Dawes, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

Actually, GTL race tonight, so I have decided to create a session for myself :D

RD MINI Monte EUY - 15:00 GMT (2 and a half hours from now)
  2. Andrew Koojo

Andrew Koojo Licensed

oooh yes my friend. actually they are the key for me being able to figure out how to do the the job. thanks to you my man. stay blessed.
  3. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

I don't remember liking Monte Carlo mod much before, but this is great fun. Very controllable, loving it.

The car is also nice, and I mean nice overall, not just nice for an S2000 car :D
    I will actually consider using it in the RDRC :eek:

Lost about a minute on SS2, too fast in a right hander, went off in style. Called for help, and ended up with steering wheel 90 degrees to the right. Struggled till the end. Shame, splits were looking decent enough.
  4. Olli Kauppinen

Olli Kauppinen Licensed

Hmm that i'll drive in EUZ.
  5. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

LOL, nah, I meant that what you said applied to me too. Overslept OC.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Olli Kauppinen

Olli Kauppinen Licensed

LOL :D Well, it ain't always easy ;)
  7. Pete Mull

Pete Mull Licensed

Plenty of red times - nice little car but needs work on the setups. Thanks to Warren and Senad for organising this enjoyable event.
    Hope I can start making a more regular appearance :D
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Olli Kauppinen

Olli Kauppinen Licensed

No HUH HUH, like we use to say in Finland.
    Plenty of problems first 4 stages, still managed to get my car to finish line every SS. Then I realized little about how to drive with this mini on monte.. Perhaps little practise before event wouldn't have hurt :p
    Thanks for organizers!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro Licensed

Started off ok, trailed Olli for a bit but from ss4 on it was cahotic, had quite a few first degree encounters with some stone walls and some trees. Damaged the suspension a couple of times as well, so fell down towards the bottom of the table.

Still very enjoyable event, looking forward to the next one! Thank you for the organisers for a great event once again, and I too hope to make a more regular appearance.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Mark Johnston

Mark Johnston Licensed

loved every minute, had great battle for lead in eu, gutted as computer crashed half way through last stage, was leading by 5 secs!

but great fun, thanks to every1 involved
  11. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes RDMCC S6 Champion Premium Licensed

It was a good battle Mark, you definately had the legs on me towards the end, it is a shame your PC crashed! The last stage would have easily been yours as I threw it in a ditch towards the end of SS8 and lost around 45 seconds!

Looking forward to the next one!
  12. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

[​IMG]

Congrats Tero, Roy and Fernando

Stage wins:
    Magnar Haarstadsveen: 3 stage wins
    Fernando Agapito: 2 stage wins
    Tero Leppanen: 1 stage win
    Roy Magnes: 1 stage win
    Mark Johnston: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes. There might be mistakes this time :eek:
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Tero Leppanen

Tero Leppanen Cloudy- Premium Licensed

Oh my! I knew it went well but.. my first podium and 1st place! Never thought it would come in monte. Thanks guys :)
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Olli Kauppinen

Olli Kauppinen Licensed

Congrats to whole podium, congrats Tero for first Rally Club win!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes Premium Licensed

Congratulations Tero, that's the way to make your first podium, straight to the top. :D
    Well done to Roy and Fernando, very close for such a tricky Rally. Look out guys, Roy's back in form. :p

I always like to see the Stage wins spread around, so really liked to see these results. Most of the Stage times were surprisingly close this time, so wins were not easy to achieve. It was all about who was prepared to risk it all and push hard on a stage.

Big welcome to our new Members, Jimi ( great debut mate), Manveer, and Javier, hope you had lots of fun.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the small amount of RED INK this Rally, especially considering how demanding the Stages were. Looks like the MINI was popular too. ;)
    We didn't quite break the Driver number record, but we gave it a fright with only two less. Thanks to all for your support to the Rally Club.

Huge thanks to Senad for his Admin smoothness & slickness, and to Damien for the nice banner and the skins he made available.

See you all next week. :)
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes The Brain Premium Licensed

Weeee. That was way better than I feared. And again I win the longest stage of the rally.

I feel confident that S2000 is the way to go for me in the championship. Suitably fast :)

Thanks for the rally, looking forward to the next challenge :)
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Andrew Koojo

Andrew Koojo Licensed

another nice image from the race. thanks to warren.. for the skins[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Licensed

Well, that SS8 was very tight, wasn't it? :p

Anyway, that 11th place was my best results here. :) I'm looking forward the season!

Congratulations to everybody, and thanks for the organisers! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes Premium Licensed

You mean Damien, he is the skin man. ;)

Nice pic Andrew. :cool:
  20. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic Licensed

Look at me! In the top half! Been a while :D

Share with Friends