Rally - MicroMachines - Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th February 2013

Once again enjoyed that thoroughly :) my kind of cars and stages! (mainly...!)

SS1 - Ok nothing big I'm just not that quick on snow!
SS2 - Went well for me, I'm not to confident on flat out stages so took it a bit easy but really enjoyed the stage .
SS3 - Again went OK enjoy the stage and got a pretty good time
SS4 - Not a massive fan but tried to keep her flat as much as I could! (again not good on fast bits) so happy with my time and performance
SS5 - Wasn't as good as I'd hoped, again fast bits but very narrow so lost time down to that I think.
SS6 - Was going well until the call for 90 right was to late and tired everything not to hit the solid 'plastic' barriers but killed the car 0.8 km to go! :mad:
SS7 - The stage was ok, experienced a few issues. The lag again but have made it drivable now compared to before. And the biggest one was hitting a bollard that was invisible until after I hit it! It was on a HP left about 2/3 the way through. Also rolled the car on the tight HP right near the end but landed on its wheels! Although a little bent!
SS8 - Went OK again but had a spin half way through, as I said, I'm not good with fast stages!

The session was a good one with the other members as well with some good little battles as can be seen! Proud to come out on top though! More out of luck than anything though.

This gave me a good taste for the Season in the R3 Civic, excited!

Heres a couple of photos of the DS3 flat!

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-02-1122-06-15-69_zps2dcfecde.png

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-02-1122-14-44-45_zps40c026dd.png

Thanks
Sion

ok so a report of my first club rally at rd
first time for me to drive these fwd cars , but was fun

ss1 - good steady stage , few near misses and too much drifting

ss2 - all went well except for the tight first hairpin left, i understeered into
the ditch then was stuck for around 15-20 seconds

ss3 - again a good stage , very good battle with sion

ss4 - problem on this stage , when game loaded the car stalled then it would not restart so had to retire , very strange

ss5 - i really dont like this stage so i went steady and got to the finish

ss6 - love jourdain, first time in fwd car but it was an experience

ss7 - first time on this stage so went steady

ss8 - disaster , lost it over a 3left into rock , end of rally

for some reason i wasnt able to set the car up , it wouldnt let me adjust any settings? was that the same for everyone?

thanks for putting the rally on and will look forward for some more battles;)

Oh well, just finished EUR Y and I did not do good :D
The games crashed in SS1 because another program's window popped up :mad:
Rolled in the BTB France stage in a straight because of too sensitive steering (a bit more sensitive than during training), but finished the stage nevertheless
Hit a rock .5 km before the end in the final stage, it was well hidden on the inside of a fast right hander, just over the crest :(

Anyway it was good fun :D

I saw this rally and I just had to scratch the itch! If my performance and results are good enough, I might compete in the 2WD championship. Nice to see Magnar in this session, good speed.

SS1: Water splash in snow FTW!
SS2: So much nicer without the chicane! Spin at a hairpin but everything else just fine.
SS3: With 720 rotation, you've got to really crank the wheel in the hairpins.
SS4: Forgot to set the long gears but was that an advantage uphill?
SS5: I was in the mood for this stage but I was sloppy at the beginning, start to get better, then lost it in the trees :mad:
SS6: Okay, but a false 3 left almost took me out.
SS7: I only did a slow speed recce prior to the race and found the notes to be not so good. And yet I did better here than SS5 with no mistakes! :confused:
SS8: Again I was really in the mood for this lighting fast stage, but at the beginning a sky box like wall appeared at the first crest (not there in practice!). Couldn't see so I hit a tree. Speechless angry :speechless:

I like how at high speed you can floor the brake pedal, fun car. Hope you had fun at Rally Sweden Roy! All my coverage was numbers on a screen! Somebody win stage 8 for me!

Felt like driving, so decided to go for US afterall. Not much practice, only ran through each stage once. Just gonna try and keep it clean.

SS1 - Pretty uneventful, steady pace. Good start.
SS2 - Messed up the first hairpin and went into the shallow ditch by the side of the road, but was able to drive out of it. Not too fast on this stage, but otherwise good.
SS3 - You can feel the bumps on this stage! :p. Went pretty good, but should have gone short gears instead of medium.
SS4 - All right, not too slow, but messed up one corner in the uphill section, scrubbed off a bit of speed that I couldn't get back. Pretty happy with the stage though.
SS5 - This stage has some very dense hay bales. Glad I practiced so I knew to avoid them. I was probably braking a bit early for all the tight corners in this stage. I lost control of the rear near the end and brushed a tree, survived though. Then just a few hundred metres down the road got hungry and went to pickup some corn. Asides from those 2 mistakes, it was OK.
SS6 - I made sure to keep an ear out for the pacenotes, in practice I missed a junction and lost a lot of time. This stage went OK, but I was tentative and slow.
SS7 - Ugh, retired after hitting a tree. My rear slipped a bit and went on the grass, spun me around. Really gutted, so close to a perfect rally. Oh well.
SS8 - Had a spin half way through and hit a tree, lucky to walk away without damage. Good stage apart from that though.

Really disappointed with SS7, could've been a good result otherwise. But oh well, I had fun.
Thanks again to Roy and Ole.

No company in OC tonight made it a bit of a lonely session :(

SS1: my wheel's alignment was off by about a quarter of a turn, made for a slightly entertaining ride!
SS2: was going fine until the little jump and dip through the 1st foresty bit; car landed well but the road must be slightly uneven at that point which kicked the rear slightly right and bounced me into the trees....bad luck
SS3: wheel alignment sorted between stages, this one was fine
SS4: uh, well apparently the DS3 engine doesn't like a long ratio gearbox as it promptly exploded at the stage start. Didn't even get past the timing gate! Definitely having some terse words with my mechanics once I get back to service!
SS5: found it VERY difficult to get the little car round this stage; doing 6 point turns on the hairpins is certainly not the fastest way around!
SS6: this is just one of the Aussie stages re-textured isn't it?
SS7: well [insert inappropriate language here]! Hit the Stop sign at the first 90 R dead on, perfect shot. Killed the engine immediately and that was that. :rolleyes:
SS8: fantastic stage, trying to go too fast though. One monster roll but the l'il Citroen kept on chugging!

Bit of a comedy of errors tonight, thanks for the event guys :)

Congrats to Magnar, Roy and Sion.

Another 4th place for me :p Reasonably happy with my pace in the car, definitely starting to feel more confident in driving now.

The times seem quite close together this event, 8 people within 4 seconds on the first stage.

Thanks again to the organizers and staff! :)

Could have gone better but considering one stage was the same for me as for Tom it wasn't a one off incident it seems :(

The other one was, after looking at the replay and re-running the stage offline, me getting lost in the last couple of turns and only hearing K I took right instead of straight which was also triggered by how the red markings was pointing when I was in a hurry after my earlier misstakes on the Jourdain stage :whistling:

Considering the misstakes, I'm happy with a Top 10, considering how good I thought I was on the stages I finished, I need to get a lot better :D

Could have gone better but considering one stage was the same for me as for Tom it wasn't a one off incident it seems :(

You mean stage 8, the Finland one? That didn't happen the three times I practiced it! Should've just took the crest like I always did. I'd be possibly fourth I that didn't happen, I was in the mood! :rolleyes:

But hey, that's (virtual) motor racing, and I can redeem myself in the championship where I do better anyway. :sneaky: Congrats to all, great times from you guys!

Woop! 1st podium of the year! and only my 3rd ever :D times bode pretty well for the championship hopefully as well! That DNF really annoys me now though as it seems it would have been a lot closer between me and Roy but that's rallying!

Impressive times from Arwyn on his first event to!

Thanks to all and see you next week!

Sion

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%