Rally - Marcus Gronholm Tribute - Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th June 2012

Well i tried to do the rally now, but i´ve quited from it...:( I was not able to concentrate:( because of the dog:thumbsdown: , and i was never consitent and hit many times forcing the car to broke down... Maybe for the next rally i will have my mind more cleraily...
Thanks for the support...:)
See you on the track...

All first 5 stages went perfect time wise. Even tho I span once at each stage, and overshot at least 5 junctions.. :p

3 last ss was crap for me. Joux Plane I tried Tarmac Tires, not smart. Foron, I just can't handle the pace notes, so DNF. And ROC I managed to roll.. :p

Was pretty tired after work so the result isnt as I could wish, I guess. At the same time - again no preparations what so ever. Neither tracks or car. Had no idea about how this car handles and Roy`s comment about the understeer scared me so first stage was extra carefully and slowly, I just wanted to survive and understand how does the car handles. After all, it went OK..slow but OK :p Started the 2nd stage a bit faster but early on the stage I managed to hit a tree (I guess thats the understeer you mentioned, Roy :p ). After that I went even slower because my main target here was to finish all stages.

The 3rd stage was just awful. I hate Japan stages.. even more I hate when they are wet.. but more than that I could only hate that its Noiker in the wrong dirrection. Plenty of mistakes and offroads. Few spins - disasters. Couldnt calm down after the Noiker so 4th stage was a bit jerky as well. Managed to go in the wrong dirrection at junction, spun there and the engine stopped. That took a good while to recover. Later on the same stage I spun again but it wasnt that bad.

Had a huge crash in 5th stage, at the last turn/straight.. Touched the fence with the cars back.. well.. that was ugly. I guess I was really lucky I finished that one. 6th stage was sick. Went as careful as possible. But after all I actually loved it. Only few scratches on the car, did it slowly but brought it back home safe.. and most importantly - in one piece. :p

Did the 7th stage for the first time in my life here.. I knew I should have tried this stage before the actual rally but meh.. Had 2 huge crashes at 2nd split, during one of them I damaged suspension and the rest of the stage was crap. Couldnt really keep it straight afterwards + no idea where Im going. Beside that had few spins, wrong turns and stuff like that. I should really have tried it beforehand :p And the final stage - ROC.. Well, I guess now I actually felt the understeer what Roy mentioned in his comment :X It was just terrible, I actually thought that I might retire that stage. Pretty bad end of the rally.

After all this stuff I managed to win EUX session. Alasdair almost caught me after unlucky 7th stage but he couldnt take that 7s lead at the last stage. Erik and Fernando also were somewhere near. It was fun, with all those mistakes and crashes I could actually score the P5 :p Im happy that I finished with no retirements or CFH`s. :)

Thanks for the rally, it was great fun in a great car :)

I went into this having not touched any form of game since I did the the last round of the RDRC. I'm also not a fan of the 206. The closest thing to any kind of preparation was that I marshalled the Service out time control for the Jim Clark Reivers Rally on sunday, so I was at least near some rally cars........

SS1- Nothing to right home about. No mistakes but crucially no speed either.....
SS2- A bit better but still waaaaaaaaay off the pace.
SS3- Awful, just Awful. If people had been watching they would have assumed I'd never driven in this game before. I overshot both square lefts and then spun while braking down inti a left right sequence. In fact it was so bad my Dad came through and after informing me that he could hear how hard I was trying through the wall he told me " Stop being such a wuss, you're supposed to be rally driving not a 93 year old lady going to the shops! :" I have to admit that did make me laugh lol.
SS4- Spurred on by my dad's positive feedback I started to get my act together and drove far better through here than I had done in the previous stages.
SS5- After about 100 yards into Kaihuavaara something clicked and I set fastest time in the server. I don't know what it was but I was suddenly able to drive the car.
SS6- Same again, fastest and really happy with my driving in here.
SS7- I love Foron, although the pacenotes are 90% wrong ( A medium left that I was able to take flat in 5th for example ). I think this was the best bit of driving I've ever done on a club rally. Everything flowed perfectly and I was fastest again.
SS8- 4th quickest but that was only point one of a second down on quickest.

Overall I'm amazed at how I went from my worst bit of driving ( Noiker ) to my best ( Foron ) in the same rally. I ended really enjoying the second half and I don't dislike the 206 so much anymore. Good luck to the guys still to compete and thanks to the organisers for putting it together.:)

Hmm i won the USX session, not to difficult since i was alone:p , but i don't know how fast or slow i was so it was difficult to decide how hard i should push. So i was trying to go fast but safe and at least, i had no mistake but i suspect i drove a little to slow here. We'll see in the end.
Thanks for a great rally again, and with another new car for me......fun.

Lucky you. at last. no practice has paid off. i crashed right on ss1. one of my Favorite stages. then had a good run on Prospect ridge 2 till the last corner i could see the finish line i went a little bit off. and hit a Tree and the car was on Fire. and it was Game over again. and i decided to just call it off. since it was late night. i had to go for EU as i missed the EUX.. so i guess next race.
A BIG Thanks to the Organisers.

Overall Rally Results

OfbOU.jpg

qiW1N.png

Congrats Magnar, Fernando and Viesturs

Stage wins:
Magnar Haarstadsveen: 7 stage wins
Roy Magnes: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Warren for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Well done Magnar and Fernando. Waiting for next club rally, Jeremy :p

Fernando, you tricked me :p Thought that EUX was your first session, turned out you done that rally before already :p
Congrats Magnar and Viesturs :)

Yeah I've decided to just join Roy in EUZ , I joined EUX just to try comparing the 206 S1600 but I forgot the pack was limited to A8W-00 only, so I just drove for fun :p, but we could have been very close if you only had a proper recce on the Foron Stage, you were really fast :thumbsup:.

Magnar there's not much I could say but, you're the Man! :D

Alright everyone get ready for another extreme challenge from me next week, stages are way more punishing this time and we're gonna use the current best cars in the world, so no complaining about the car's handling this time :sneaky:

Thanks all.

Congrats Magnar and Viesturs :)

Yeah I've decided to just join Roy in EUZ , I joined EUX just to try comparing the 206 S1600 but I forgot the pack was limited to A8W-00 only, so I just drove for fun :p, but we could have been very close if you only had a proper recce on the Foron Stage, you were really fast :thumbsup:.

Magnar there's not much I could say but, you're the Man! :D

Alright everyone get ready for another extreme challenge from me next week, stages are way more punishing this time and we're gonna use the current best cars in the world, so no complaining about the car's handling this time :)

Yeah, the Foron stage ruined pretty much everything. Yet having identical time there I would have lost you about 5s overall. Wasnt that fast actually but looks like no one was, if I managed to score 3rd place, lol :p

About the last part, I do believe that the 5th place at this rally takes the chance to make the next club rally, so you`ll have to wait before you can torture us again, Fernando. :p Just kidding, I love your rallies :)

About the last part, I do believe that the 5th place at this rally takes the chance to make the next club rally, so you`ll have to wait before you can torture us again, Fernando. :p Just kidding, I love your rallies :)

The 5th placer will create the rally club after RDRC Round 6, Since I finished the highest place aside from Warren on last week's rally (Roy's Revenge), Warren granted me the opportunity to design the rally for next week. Stages for the next rally club has already been chosen actually :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back