Rally - "Honda's Home " - Mon 17th & Tues 18th January 2011

I have to say i wasn't the happiest of men when i saw what we're going to use for next club rally. FWD have never been my favorite but this little Civic is quite enjoyable, just needs a bit of rough love lol. I was very surprised how well it slided if you're aggresive with it :). The brakes are very touchy but dropping the pressure have sorted it.

My 1st practice run went remarkably well, no DNF's or CFH and only few off's:confused::wink:.
I did it in respectable ( i think:D ) 43:37:23, not really looking to better this time, i would be happy to repeat it when it matters lol.
I think despite being FWD a lot of us (all?) will like it :) :). Good choice Warren:good::rabbit:

I think despite being FWD a lot of us (all?) will like it :) :). Good choice Warren:good::rabbit:

I must admit that when I started driving it for my promo video on the Japan stages, I had a few :gulp: moments and was worried that many drivers will hate it. I'm sure some won't love it, but we have to try new things to keep us from getting bored, hey. :wink:

During my "Movie" runs, I managed all the things reported so far by you guys, couldn't get back onto the road after wheelspinning furiously in the wet grass, locking the brakes at Noiker and going straight ahead into the forest, taking forever to get it off the line (the sooner you get it into 4th the better). Eventually, I just tried throwing it sideways into the turns and it felt a bit better.
I also had to reduce the brake pressures a lot to avoid lock-ups.

Maybe someone can share some valuable set-up tips (hint hint Simone :tongue::wink::D:D )

It will certainly be a different rally. :rolleyes:

theFlash (Corey Twyman) - US

If I can I would like to run the 11:00 with James. Last week was my first rally here and I fell asleep behind the wheel and missed the last two stages. I need to practice for this week and work on a good setup.

Defaults work fine for me as well, but it would be cool to hear comparisons between defaults and fully tuned setups from one of the fast guys...

Improve the setup,for me means that "I made the car around me".I adapt the car to my style of drive.I have some request to ask to the car when I drive it,and I want that the car will do what I want during the race.
With a good setup I can make what I want with my car,you understand?With a bad setup it's the car that take control of you,with a good setup it's you that take control of the car:wink:

Hey Warren I don't want to be a pain but may I request a different US time? Just an hour earlier 04:00 GMT Tuesday. If not the standard US start time will do. I'll just make sure I'm well rested. I was originally planning on doing the 11 with James but didn't realize it was GMT. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

Hey Warren I don't want to be a pain but may I request a different US time? Just an hour earlier 04:00 GMT Tuesday. If not the standard US start time will do. I'll just make sure I'm well rested. I was originally planning on doing the 11 with James but didn't realize it was GMT. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

Looks like you'll be alone in the US session, so it can be changed to any time that suits you :good:

Improve the setup,for me means that "I made the car around me".I adapt the car to my style of drive.I have some request to ask to the car when I drive it,and I want that the car will do what I want during the race.
With a good setup I can make what I want with my car,you understand?With a bad setup it's the car that take control of you,with a good setup it's you that take control of the car:wink:

Well said. Thanks, Simone...

New Session USZ created for 11.00 GMT. :thumb:

BTW: You can't drive the Ford Focus this time, it must be the Honda Civic. Honda negotiated sole sponsor rights to this rally. If I let you mention F**d again, they might take back the keys to the Honda courtesy car they provided me with. :wink:

My error-this was a cut/paste done on the quick...

Yep, I've moved the standard US time forward to 4.00GMT, since no-one else is using that session.

This might be a better default time for the US session, the guys that requested 0500 haven't driven in a few months. 0400 GMT Tuesday is generally better for me as well, and I would have used it if I didn't want to mess with Senad have such a packed week next week.

Ok sounds good :)

Yann Laprevotte - yannlaprevotte - Oceania

:welcome: Yann.

This might be a better default time for the US session, the guys that requested 0500 haven't driven in a few months. 0400 GMT Tuesday is generally better for me as well,

I was wondering the same thing. It's hard to know which time is best for the US Sessions, so I'd rather that you advise which is best. :wink:

This might be a better default time for the US session, the guys that requested 0500 haven't driven in a few months. 0400 GMT Tuesday is generally better for me as well, and I would have used it if I didn't want to mess with Senad have such a packed week next week.

Well when things slow down for you I look forward to sharing a session. I'm on the East Coast in Maryland. I just moved from the other Washington(DC)

I was wondering the same thing. It's hard to know which time is best for the US Sessions, so I'd rather that you advise which is best. :wink:

That is a tough one since there are 4 timezones in the US, a time that works for the west coast people is usually too late for east coasters. 0400 GMT Tuesday is pretty much ideal for me, its the earliest I can rally without neglecting the family and upsetting SWMBO.

Well when things slow down for you I look forward to sharing a session. I'm on the East Coast in Maryland. I just moved from the other Washington(DC)

Actually I would much rather join a session someone else is in, so I moved my Monday engagement to later in the week. So Warren, I hate to do this to you, but I take back what I said before and would like to run in the normal US session.

I will be in teamspeak a bit before if you care to join, Corey.

So Warren, I hate to do this to you, but I take back what I said before and would like to run in the normal US session.

Not a problem Aaron, I have swapped you to the US Session now.
I'll leave the USX Session available for now in case it is needed, but Senad won't set up the Server for it unless someone signs up for it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%