Rally - "Honda's Home " - Mon 17th & Tues 18th January 2011

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD Rally – Honda’s Home

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2011, (UPDATE 01, 02) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

All Stages in Japan in the Honda Civic R3

Hondas-Home.jpg

Sessions: RD Hondas Home EU / RD Hondas Home US / RD Hondas Home OC / RD Hondas Home USX / RD Hondas Home USZ

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: R3 ( You must drive the Honda Civic R3.)

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01 - Japan - Sipirkakim (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 02 - Japan - Noiker (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 03 - Japan - Pirka Minoko (Normal, Cloudy Day)
Stage 04 - Japan - Tanner (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 05 - Japan - Sipirkakim (Normal, Bad, Day)
Stage 06 - Japan - Noiker (Normal, Light Fog, Day)
Stage 07 - Japan - Pirka Minoko (Normal, Damp, Day)
Stage 08 - Japan - Tanner (Normal, Cloudy, Day)

USX Start: 04:00 GMT Monday *
USZ Start: 11.00GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 20:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 04:00 GMT Tuesday (11PM EDST (USA), 9PM Mountain Time) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (Queensland start time 7:30PM, NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM. ) *

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.

If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2011 mod, ( Updates 01, 02 ), in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.
  • You will require the Car Pack for R3 .
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2011 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers: .

You must choose any the Honda Civic R3 from the R3 Pack.

1. Helder Moreira (Kid) - USZ
2. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
3. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) - Europe
4. Aaron DeMarre (smokee) - US
5. Simone Demi (simonedemi) - Europe
6. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
7. Daniel Lovett (Dan27) - Europe
8. Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe
9. Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania
10. Norman Biscuits (got_biscuits) - Europe
11. Terri A. Buenaflor (krpk) - Europe
12. Kevin Hopkins (Kevin Hopkins) - Oceania
13. Rick Bamford (lucifer) - Europe
14. Roman Kruszewski (kruchacz) - Europe
15. Robb Kulcsar (r27kul) - Europe
16. Knut Omdal Tveito (KnutOTT) - Europe
17. Krister Larsson (trnn) - Europe
18. Frode Heiland (skalleno) - Europe
19. James Knowles (tannat) - USZ
20. Ryan Callan (Redhawk) - Europe
21. Ben Buitendijk (Ben797) - Europe
22. Eckhart von Glan (Eckhart v Glan) - Europe
23. Oscar Hardwick (oscarhardwick) - Europe
24. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
25. Hans Sneep (PeHaEe) - Europe
26. Yann Laprevotte (yannlaprevotte) - Oceania
27. Ashok Revanna (tantragna) - USX
28. Lee Palmer (MrTk56) - Europe
29. Driver
30. Driver

Our third Rally for 2011 is open for sign-up.

After the huge and enthusiastic turnout for our last two rallys, we look forward to another big group. For this Rally, we change the pace and driving style, moving to the lower powered FWD Honda Civic. This is a new car to RBR, and will be very different to the WRC Cars.

Since the car will be new to all of us, we are taking it for a first shakedown on its home country of Japan. We will only use the default gravel stages (no reverse ones) giving everyone two runs on each stage. The first run will be in good weather, but the second run may have slightly more challenging weather. Nothing too difficult, but Noiker in fog can get your tension up.

This car will require a different driving style, compared to the WRC cars we used last time. It is much lower on power and keeping momentum is going to be the key. It also suffers from the known quirks of FWD cars on gravel, heaps of wheelspin, making traction poor (especially if you go off-track), but you seem to be able to throw it around aggressively.

One word of caution / advice. In my test run, I found the brakes to be touchy, easily locking up and causing loss of steering (pretty nasty when it happens), so I’d recommend drivers give it a test run and maybe try adjusting brake pressures and bias to suit their style.

There are some nice skins available for the Honda at Rallyesim.

Good luck all, have fun, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally:

Credit to Damien for the Event banner, thanks mate :thanks:

A little video to help set the scene and show some of the custom skins available . :ups:

Ah crap, I have a super busy rally week next week already, but I love this car... It is really hard to handle on gravel, but I plan on running it in the tarmac rallies that have an R3 class this year.

Can I get a 0400 GMT Monday start instead of the normal US time? Next week is really tight for me.

Aaron DeMarre - smokee - USX?

Very good idea, I'd love to make a few rounds in Japan in something less powerful. Might prove very educational :). My bet is on Simone again, he is even tougher to beat in the slower cars from what I experienced :).
Also I love the poster. Top job, Damien.

Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - EU

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back