Rally - Group N Team Challenge 5 - Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th July 2012

That was a bit of a disaster! The Cosworth was a bit of a hard one to handle and resulted in numerous DNF's! Tried just going out for a drift after but that didnt happen!

Thanks to all, hope I didn't dent to much on Europe's chances :p

Sion

Done the rally, finally i can use my favourite car in a rally of this forum... (because of my grade i can´t use the Subaru)...
Li´ve liked the stages, a wrong setup in the poland stage and make me it on the peopl, a few spins but in general i tried to go with careful to not cause any DNF...:)
See you in next rally...;):)

Finally, I finished a RD Club event!

SS1: Set personal best for tarmac mod w/ Group N car
SS2: Not my fastest, but with a stage as slippy as this, I'm happy to have not made a mistake.
SS3: Never liked this stage. Took it easy; no mistakes
SS4: I don't know why, but I've always liked this stage in the rain. Not my best, but you can't win em' all
SS5: No mistakes, but dreadfully slow.
SS6: Favorite stage of the rally. Not fast enough, though.
SS7: Fun. I like snow! Time could've been better.
SS8: Only stage where cutting give you more grip! Good, though I had 4 moments, but no damage.

Can't wait for results!
Go Team!

had the cold woodstock beside me ready to go
but no invalid start time what rrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
.oh well had 3 woodys and raced a couple of public sessions
think I will stick with public sessions least ya get to race ha ha

That sucks mate, but I see you managed to join in the end?
I believe this was a championship set session, which means you have 15 minutes from the official start of the session (in this case 2pm) to join or you cant enter.

Anyway, frrom my session, had a really excellent time, one of the best rallies I've done in a long time! The snow was amazing, and had the car sliding so smoothly the whole time.
I felt REALLY slow though, but I guess we will have to wait for finish results.
Sucks you weren't there Tony, maybe next time! :D

I believe this was a championship set session, which means you have 15 minutes from the official start of the session (in this case 2pm) to join or you cant enter.

Nope, it was a normal Public Session as always. So drivers are able to join at any time after the nominated start time.

Of course, joining late would result in some missed stages.

Got in the wrong session page Doh had a woodstock
then came back after arrggghhhh n finally got into the rally
ss7 n ss8 was all I got to do
was good though never done these stages before didnt DNF so that a bonus
when the next RD rally event:)

Well Fernando joined us, which pushed me down to third lmao..

I tried a sneaky new technique on ss1, but apparently there is less traction on the roof than on the wheels. I am not going to say that I will be abandoning this approach, far from it, I anticipate quite a few more goes at this. Also wooden fences DO stop you quicker than the brakes, but its a tad messy in the engine department leading to a distinct lack of forward momentum.

I fear for my championship rounds after this effort, skill levels are awful.But I had a ball as usual. Thanks to all concerned especially to our groovy RD staff!

Well Team, I had a poor one and let the Team down. :(
Chose the old Subaru N12 since I hadn't tried it before, and assumed everyone else would probably go for the N14 URT since it is claimed to be the quickest. I always like to be different. :p First thing I found was that it didn't have much of a gear range choice, short and medium only. It seemed very stable to drive, but quite sluggish and hugely understeery, which got me into some trouble.
Just to add to my dramas, my Wheel kept jumping to the next gear on it's own.

SS01, I spun off in an early fast section and took forever to find my way back around to the road again.
SS02, the Stage didn't load. :poop: So exited the server and tried to rejoin. That seemed to work. However, I rolled the car half way around but managed to land back on the wheels again, but with bent steering.
Then, I started to settle down a bit, but still hadn't got used to the car's handling.
SS07, I clipped the wall entering the township, rolled the car onto it's roof. Needed a CFH.

Senad, I'll send you my HTML times and the Screenshot of the final results, just in case my times don't show in the Server due to my re-entry for SS02.

Overall Rally Results

IyOtO.jpg

m8CEm.png

Congrats Fernando, Mark, and Warren

Stage wins:
Fernando Agapito: 6 stage wins
Mark Johnston: 1 stage win
Dubravko Šparovec: 1 stage win

My crappy Excel teams thing:

p4j22.png

EU vs World
1165 - 1220

Congrats to the rest of the world :D

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Warren for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%