Rally - Group N Team Challenge 2- Mon 6th & Tues 7th December 2010

tumblr_l81s45jcGa1qcwqrro1_400.png

SS1
Had a pretty decent crash not long after the start. My wheel has been plugged out, and it wasn't centered... Still I won the EUX stage :confused:. Lukasz thinks it's because my evo has longer default gears than their ugly N14 Imprezas :D

SS2
Smooth, didn't feel like it was fast, but won the stage in EUX again.

SS3
Not that good, issues at a couple of places, but another EUX stage win :D

SS4
Scary stage... Was riding the brake a lot. Two mistakes, braked too late for a corner, went straight on, and some two-wheelin' going on in the middle

SS5
Ouch, that was a bad one... Very slippery. Hit a tree early on, engine drama. Had a couple of nice two wheel saves, and went off a few times... Lost almost half a minute to Dariusz and Lukasz

SS6
Very happy with 90% of the stage :). There was a huuuge scare, really got the heart pumping. And a three point turn later on. But other than that, a very enjoyable tarmac experience :)

SS8
Horrible. Couldn't control the car at all. Like my steering sensitivity suddenly increased 10x. Every time I tried to correct a slide, I was off. Rolled more times than I can count. The only way I could control the car, was at 60km/h.

on last 4 stages it was undriveable (I drove with tyres RSRCenter gave me?) in Finland I didnt even start, the car didnt move then just going straight, BTB with snow tyres I tried to brake for first turn - move straight crash, that France with rain was really hard to drive even though I was trying, died somewhere before the end :D:D not my day today

yeahm good luck out there tonight, have half a mind of entering with a by now repaired wheel :)

lol, I will actually do the ra
lly again on a lark, the official line for the missus is I need to test that replacement part for the wheel which arrived today ...

please please please don't count my results, Monday counts!

Just finished the rally, still waiting for two guys to finish before I knew who won the session :).

Car felt very nice, but either something changed in the physics, or I'm just getting wimpy and slow - Tanner was sort of a benchmark and I was constantly 8-10s slower there than in round 3 of RDRC. Weird.

On most of the stages Senad seemed to be flying - he was just a bit faster than me or Dariusz, with whom it was awesome to battle stage-to-stage, with 1 or 2s difference. And as Senad mentioned I will have to check the Evo's speed out, he just trashed me and Dariusz on Diamond Creek and we had extremely similar times and I didn't brake THAT much more than needed :D.

I left a bumper in Australia and France and spun twice on Alpes (seems it'll cost me an EUX win), but it was a very pleasant event. Thanks for the great turnout on EUX, was nice to have familiar names to race with. And thanks for setting everything up, Warren and Senad :).

EDIT: Aw, snap! Less than 3s difference on the finish line. I suck :p

lol, I found out when I joined and it was already stage7, so I did a DNF there again because of wrong tires, looool. stage 8 I went full thottle and of course DNFed, but my wheel works ok again, so that's something :)

I don't think slower cars should be excluded only too fast ones. Sometimes it's huge fun to drive an underdog and be fast enough while doing so. Note about inferior performance in bold red letters or something should suffice :).

Just to explain, I didn't actually exclude the Skoda Octavia due to it being slower, I think it could have been competitive if someone spent ages getting a descent setup. I excluded it because it was so dangerous and crazy to drive. My concern was that if someone new to RBR selected it (as Hans ended up doing), they might get a bad view of the driving physics of the game. I can include a warning note in future, but in this case I figured we had heaps of other cars to choose from.

It's strange though, I've driven the Skoda Octavia WRC in the game and it was fine, it's just the Group N version that is weird. :confused:

Overall Rally Results

20101206rdrallygroupnte.png

Congrats Damien, Dariusz and Lukasz :good:

Stage wins
Simone Demi: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Eddie Mann: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Damien Jones: 1 stage win :star:
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win :star:
Senad Subasic: 1 stage win :star:
Mark Birney: 1 stage win, kinda :D :star:

EU vs OC
584 : 628​

teamsc.png

Team challenge was a bit closer this time. But, the European team had more drivers, so it's another fail, I'm afraid :D
Congrats to the colonies, hopefully next time we'll be able to match you :tongue:

Big thanks to Lukasz who did practically all of the work, while I was in my GTL event :thanks:
Thanks to everyone that showed up, see you next week :parrot:

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to senad.subasic@gmail.com, or upload them on www.speedyshare.com

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Let me know if you notice any mistakes, or have any suggestions.

Attachments

• 2010-12-06 RD Rally – Group N Team Challenge 2.png
    2010-12-06 RD Rally – Group N Team Challenge 2.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 282
  • teams.png
    teams.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 257
Started doing the results. Hans, I see you were driving the Škoda Octavia, the car Warren asked us not to use. Judging from some of your times, you probably realized that the car is awful to drive :D

Must has overlooked that , I had test the tracks with the cars we should not drive lol: Renault 5-Lancia an Octavia :redface:

Must read the treat more careful next time, indeed this Rally was dreadful with this car, oh well better next time than ( I hope)

Good stuff. I'm happy to see that despite numerous spins I'm only slightly behind Damien, not to mention Dariusz (who, I'm sure, also had his share of adventures). Differences between me, Dariusz and Warren at the finish line are also amazing, 3 drivers in less than 5 seconds!

Driving-wise I must admit, that even the tarmac stages were (quite surprisingly) very enjoyable. But let's keep it to the minimum, otherwise Eddie will eat us alive (he was making up insane amounts of time there). I'm already looking forward to another event. I really enjoyed losing to Senad during our EUX session :D

Congratulations Damien, nice to see you back on the winner's dias again. :cool: (BTW, after the first 2 Stages, Damien was complaining to me that his Subaru was slower than my Evo, lol. :poke: )
Well done to Dariusz and Lukasz, you are getting soooo close now Dariusz, the first win is surely not far away. Probably once you get that first win, we won't see you for dust (or mud, snow etc) after that. :wink:

Well done to our Oceania/America Team, somehow we retained the trophy :trophy:, but we had to "steal" two Europeans to achieve it. Thanks for helping us guys, hope you don't get excommunicated (or hung for treason) as a result. :tongue:

A pleasing set of results in this Rally, very close overall, and only 30 secs separating the top 4. Stage wins nicely spread around too, great to see. Not much dreaded red ink either, showing how stable these Group N cars are. These are nice cars to drive.

Great to see Mark rejoining us too, and still as fast as ever.

BTW, how did everyone find the Alpes, I quite liked it.

Thanks again to Senad and Lukasz for all of the Admin work, this one was more complex to sort the results. :thanks::thanks:

Yep Hans, the only reason I didn't include the Skoda Octavia was because I found it terrible to drive. The brakes are deadly in that car and must need some major setup changes to make it driveable.
Your results can count, but you made things very difficult for yourself. :wink:

You can say that Warren,I did change the break balance, more to the rear but forgot to save it, was better but not great

Looks nice, drives terrible, but only for me, it seems. Lost over a minute.

EDIT: might be the car, it was very roll-happy. Wasn't confident in it anywhere really.

Damien made a good observation after our Rally. Since the game chose Snow tyres, it probably chose a Snow setup by default too, which is usually much softer. maybe this Stage will need a Tarmac style setup. :confused:

WOW, 2nd place for me overall and win in EUX:D. Nice:):):cool:

Where to beggin......:rolleyes:
As soon as i hit the USA stage i know what horrible mistake i've made.......with my RBR championship league choice. I should NOT ever gone to the A league... not yet. Period.
And there should be a new rule made for session 2. No new driver will be allowed to drive in the top class unless he/she shows in club events consistent fast pace. Why? Let me explain...:rolleyes::tongue:

If a guy/ladette is doing fine in other racing sims and then get its hands on RBR ( as there ain't any better rally sims ) for the 1st time and joins RD RBR club for some fun, unless he/she is a great rally fan ( like me:) ) it will be very demoralising and off putting to find yourself at the bottom ( or near ) of the pile. The better the driver the bigger the disapointment ( ego plays:D ).
One just can't '' wormholed'' itself through its learning process unless can put in a lot of time in practice. And that is not always possible or isn't a priority in racing for lots of casual rally pilots out there ( like me ). So people tend to give up.
The difference between the A8W & N4 class cars is enormous for a novice/semi-pro with this game, not as such with the performance but with the overall enjoyment. Trust me, i've just exprienced that:redface:. Those N4 cars are just slow enough to keep it under control without great effort and fast enough to feel you're driving a propa rally car.
I have already ''sold'' this game to a couple of friends who had never tried it before and i will be advising them to stick to the less powerfull class when they finally make their appearance at RD RBR club scene.

You can deduct on what i felt about this week drive:):D so i,m not going into details, had great fun watching the times, stage after stage with the lead changing hands a few times.
And i had come on top ( in EUX at least lol ) as a bonus to the pleasured drive:cool:.
Great fight Senad & Lukasz:). Congrats on the win Damien.

@ Warren: you don't have to worry about me getting a great pace and driving into the sunset with rally wins, ain't going to happen any time soon ( unless i start to practice a lot instead of just jumping straight in ) and thats why i love this game, the challenge it gives me :).

Thx & see y next week guys.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25593625/n4_ss6.rpl
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25593626/n4_ss7.rpl

Very pleased with 9th place overall in only my 2nd event here (Had SS7 counted I would've been even higher lol). Btw I quite liked the Alpes stage - a nice little technical stage that keeps you on your toes.

Thanks again to the organizers for an enjoyable rally! :D

Replays:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25608901/NTeamSS1.rpl (Rolled it about halfway through)
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25608902/NTeamSS5.rpl (Pleased with that stage as before I thought I'd crash there)
Skin Used: http://skins.rallyesim.fr/subN14_yokohama.exe

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years