Rally - Group H Team Challenge - Monday 17th &Tuesday 18th September 2012

Why do I always keep thinking that there is an OC session during monday? If anyone spot this and can make an OC-time session for today - that would be really cool. If not, I can still do the EUX session, just would prefer to do it earlier :)

I'm pretty happy with how my rally went.

The wee Corolla was flying on the first 4 stages and I managed to set 4 new personal best times. The 2 Australian stages were not quite as good and I had a spin on each of them, hopefully it didn't cost me too much. Tanner was another PB 9 ( surprising to me as i'm not a fan of this stage ) and finally there were 2 spins on Versme because I was trying too hard.......

I love the Corolla, it's got such a sweet handling/power balance that I was able to really push it to try and keep up with the more powerful cars.

I think the spins may have knackered the result but I had fun, hopefully Viesters can make up for my mistakes. Good luck to the guys still to compete and I'm looking forward to seeing the results.:)

ooh my ooh my.. how do you guys control this cars??:confused: i was as slow as a snail. with unlimited number of spins.. but i got to grips with at towards the end of the rac

But im soo suprised with how you guys handle this car. manuel on default setup.i had to lower the steering to507 to be able to control. not bad though my consistency paid up.

nice race everyone.. Good luck to all . Be blessed.

I´m finish too and first time without any bigger mistakes.There was so lousy grip at Finnish stages, and i try to get it better with gravel int. So i forgot to change them to ss3 and i had couple of situations there. Australian stages went quite well and tanner too,even if i hate it, especially end of the stage. Last stage felt that car went too much sideways and spin was not far away.

Alasdair was too quick for me...14 seconds, but that result was o.k. for me;)

After I couldnt get out of grass in the SS1 for about a minute and after that had to call for help - I just lost interest. Slow SS2, another C4H in SS3 because of a roll-over, not far from the finish.. Again went on the grass on SS4 and got stuck.. I just quit, I was trying real hard after SS1 to keep my self driving because of Alasdair but SS4 just made me sick.. Im sorry mate.

Well that was a pretty enjoyable event :)

All went pretty well, a spin on SS1, a roll (no CFH) then off the edge and a CFH on SS5, and went wide and stuck on one of the 90 lefts near the end of SS6 rest of the stages were as quick as I could go in RWD!

Was annoyed on SS7 because was sat on the start line, 3...2... .... game froze and sent me back to RSCentre :mad: this pretty much ruined my rally!

Hopefully should be ok results wise, although alot of people in the EU session were alot quicker! Including my team mate Ole! Like I said, showed me the way! Good job mate, sorry if my driving let us down and especially the DNF. Tried the stage yesterday and ran fine! A decent time too!

Thanks to everyone involved and well done/good luck to everyone else!

Sion

Pre-Rally: Manuel struggling, no Tommy Nilsson. That means my goal for the rally is 2nd overall. Fernando is unbeatable!

SS1: Wrong tyres!!! Argh!

SS2: Right tyres, but I hate the stage! Went pretty well though! :D

SS3: Made a little mistake, but other than that, it went good.

SS4: Again a tiny mistake. I keep loosing 4 sec to Fernando each stage (with correct tyres).

SS5: No mistakes, other than wrong gearing. Lost 5 sec to Fernando :p

SS6: Spun. Used 40 sec trying to get on stage again. Then had to use CfH.

SS7: Back to the usual - 2nd place!

SS8: Just for fun. Lost loads, but both me an Sion have one bad bad stage, so. I felt I could do it.

Sion, I made a huge mistake and lost 1min30 sec the stage before you retired. So no hard feelings at all.
It just sucks that I blew my chance on a win (2nd) -.-

A lot of fast drivers in this session!

ss1: Did not bother checking the controls thinking it was already in sequential, but it was with the H shifter on, so it took a while for me to get going. Had to call for help once at a hairpin, other than that all went well and slow!

ss2: Discovered now that clutch is automatic, but it will only go in 1st and 2nd gear when it wants, which is weird, I have to check that after the rally. Anyway that's not something that is stopping me from beating other people, I would be just as slow, but this time around the stage was cleared without mistakes, quite pleased with that! Roy you must have been REEEEEALLY unlucky to have finished behind me on this one mate :p

ss3: Again steady approach, with the sole role of finishing the stages. Cut too much on a right hander and sent the car on two wheels, but it landed again. Braked too late for a junction and had to reverse out of it, but then smooth sailing to the end.

ss4: Trouble free run, really pleased with the performance so far. Maybe I am having a placebo effect and being super extra careful since it's a RWD, thus going slow enough to never be in danger to crash out and finish the stages safely. I like that :)

ss5: Not getting 2nd gear made me even slower in the twisty sections... But I was still slow on the straights anyway :) and slid down the road twice so that's 2 CFH and then starting from 3rd gear. Sorry Warren!

ss6: Another good stage, no problems at all, just enjoying a lot driving the BMW. Unlucky there Ole Marius, but thanks for not letting me finish last :D

ss7: A Stage that I normally don't like, but noticed that driving through it slowly does not cause much trouble. 1st gear started from the off this time!

ss8: Will not be surprised if my time on this stage is the slowest of the rally, really slow start and got stuck on the outside of a hairpin. But what a fun stage with a rear wheel drive car!

I really enjoyed this event, haven't enjoyed one this much for a long time. It probably helps that this was my First EVER retirement-free event!! Really pleased with that although that will not put us in a respectable place Warren :p

Thanks for the organisers and Jack for the idea! Originality worked out really well ;)

This Volvo give a lot of fun. Never drive RWD in any combination of RBR till last fey days. When setup is set fine car is like toy, you can play around with it.
Rally was great. Good stage selection. Fernando is uncatchable so i drive just to finish the rally in one piece.
Myrvold, too bad for loosing 2. place at the last fey stages...more luck next time. I had two spins thru all rally so i`m satisfied. Hope to see you soon all.

Sorry Warren!

Hey, no apologies needed Daniel. ;)
I'm impressed that you hung in there and finished despite all those external problems, a true Team player indeed.

Actually, I'm not sure I'll be able to drive tonight, I have torn my rib cartilage (again) doing landscaping, so I'm trussed up like a turkey. :( Hopefully the pain killers do their job during the day.

Just choose the MK5 or the E36, and it will be a bit bigger challenge ;P
Just tried them both on SS1. The MK5 is much stable compared to the very nervous MK2 but a bit slower, though I only lost more than a second to my MK2 session run. I find the E36 really stable and has minimal wheelspin, the E36 was faster compared to my MK2 session run :D.

The big challenge is still on the nervous MK2 :p.

Just tried them both on SS1. The MK5 is much stable compared to the very nervous MK2 but a bit slower, though I only lost more than a second to my MK2 session run. I find the E36 really stable and has minimal wheelspin, the E36 was faster compared to my MK2 session run.

The big challenge is still on the nervous MK2 :p.

Oh well. The Corolla then? :p

I find the E30 to be best for me, then MK2 and Volvo on third. :)

After I couldnt get out of grass in the SS1 for about a minute and after that had to call for help - I just lost interest. Slow SS2, another C4H in SS3 because of a roll-over, not far from the finish.. Again went on the grass on SS4 and got stuck.. I just quit, I was trying real hard after SS1 to keep my self driving because of Alasdair but SS4 just made me sick.. Im sorry mate.

Don't worry about it dude. I had a decent enough run so we might do ok.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%