Rally Frosty Finland - Wed January 20, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, 2 fast times wow i think i might've had another 1 or 2 if the stupid mistake didnt pop up or that tree :D and had a couple of mechanicals first 1 fair enough car doing 120 + and rock dont go well, but 20 mph and tree normally dont knacker gears or strip em. but i should slow down :D
thanks for the time effort put in and look forward to the next 1

Eric, Try an off-line run using the A8-1 Pack, and choose the Charisma GT. It has a default hood view, almost the same as the GTRE view. Just scroll through the available views.

For Eric, two default views from the Mitsubishi Carisma, these were easy to see with, one of the reasons I used this car.

Attachments

• Carisma View 1.jpg
    Carisma View 1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Carisma View 2.jpg
    Carisma View 2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 266
is it only mod cars that have the bonet cam ?

I think so, and not all addon cars have them by default either, it depends on what camera position the modder setup.
You can download a set of bonnet views for the default cars from Blackhole Motorsports site:

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RBR/downloads/3602

Try the ones from Ivan tha Driver.

All cars, including the default ones can be made fully adjustable using Cam Hack, it takes a little adjustment to get it where you want it, but after that you can set a key (number 1,2, 3, 4, etc) to save it and it can be selected by a single key press, and/or it will save the last view. Only thing to note though, you have to set it up for the specific car you wish to drive, it will vary a bit from car to car. Once you get used to it, you can select the car for a practice run (preferably off-line) and it takes about 5 mins max to get the view you want.

I could give you a \\"how to\\" if you wish

YES PLEASE Warren if you could that would be great
I did set up some buttons in cam hack but nothing happens in game haha
so I obviously did it wrong haha
I always use in car view but its for them times when the screen smashes ("quite often") and
you cant see anything I would like to use bonnet view mate :)

so if you could.... HOW TOO me buddy :D

Eric, Lee, (and anyone else interested),

Here is the Readme file from CamHack, don't know why they didn't include the readme in RSRBR since it the includes CamHack mod.
This might get you started to have a look, I worked it all out from this. CamHack is already included in RSRBR2010 and can be loaded by pushing the button in RSCenter. You then have to set keys for enabling/disabling the mod, although default keys are already mapped. Have a look at them though, so you can see what keys do what. There are lots of options for adjusting things, but I basically only use forward, backwards, up, down.
Keep CamHack running while running RBR (just minimise it).
When the Rally stage starts, hit the key to enable CamHack (it's * by default). You can disable Camhack whenever you want to go back to standard views (it's / by default).
With CamHack enabled, make sure you are in one of the two cockpit views, and adjust the view (driving position) by moving the camera back, forwards, up, down. You can get more sophisticated by playing with FOV etc, but I usually don't bother.
Once you get it to a desired driving view, save that position by hitting the "save" keys. By default that is "Left Control" or "left Alt" plus a number key (across the top of the keyboard, not the keypad). That key number then becomes your preset view for that car. Next time you start the game or stage, make sure you have CamHack loaded, activate it (the * button) when the stage starts, hit your preset key number, and away you go.
You can also setup more than one preset view by saving them to different numbers, and swap to those by hitting the preset key. eg. I have tried setting one to a better cockpit view for realism, but then a second to a bonnet view for when I smash the windscreen too badly.
You can swap back to the default views, by deactivating CamHack anytime by hitting the / key.

You will probably have to set new views for each car you drive, I have found they often vary and need fine tuning to my preferred view.

Ok that is a rough explanation, I hope that helps for now. It sounds complex, but after you play with it for a bit (but do it off-line in a practice session), it is actually very quick and easy to get a desireable view to suit yourself.

I am still without my gaming PC at the moment, so this is a rough explanation from memory.
I'll do a step by step tutorial later when I get set up again.

Good luck, but don't blame me if you get into strife, lool. :tongue:

EDIT: I have tidied this up a bit and posted it as a sticky in the RBR Forum. Let me know if it needs correcting or improving (to make it clearer), and I'll update it.

Attachments

• RBR CamHack readme.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 357
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back