Rally - "French Affair" - Mon 13th & Tues 14th December 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
"French Affair"

Mon 13th & Tues 14th December 2010

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 08 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Various road surfaces across France Stages driving the new Citroen DS3 WRC (Car pack A8W_11)

French-Affair.jpg

Sessions: RD French Affair EU / RD French Affair US / RD French Affair OC / RD French Affair EUX

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: A8W_11 (The Citroen DS3 WRC is the only car available in this Pack.) **

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: France - Cote D'Arbroz (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 02: France - Bisanne II (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 03: France - Joux Verte II (Gravel, Good, Day)
Stage 04: France - Joux Plane II (Gravel, Good, Day)
Stage 05: France - Bisanne (Gravel, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 06: France - Cote D'Arbroz (Gravel, Bad, Day)
Stage 07: France - Joux Verte (Monte Carlo, Good, Day)
Stage 08: France - Joux Plane (Monte Carlo, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 20:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 05:00 GMT Tuesday (midnight EDST (USA), 10PM Mountain Time) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (Queensland start time 7:30PM, NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM. ) *
EUX Start: 20.00 GMT Tuesday *

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must drive the same car in all Stages

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08) mod in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.
  • You will require the Car Pack for A8W_11 .

• Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

Please Note: All drivers must drive the Citroen DS3 WRC.

1. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
  2. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
  3. Simone Demi (simonedemi) - Europe
  4. Robb Kulcsar (r27kul) - Europe
  5. Chris Williamson (Kurisu166) - Europe
  6. Roman Kruszewski (kruchacz) - EUX
  7. Dariusz Swiderski ( swider ) - TBA
  8. Hans Sneep( PeHaEe ) - Europe
  9. Eckhart von Glan ( Eckhart von Glan ) - Europe
  10. Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up. :signup:

For this Rally, we have been given special privileges by the Citroen Rally Team to test drive their new 2011 Rally car, the DS3 WRC. So we are off to France, and will be driving the DS3 across various road surfaces and weather to see just how good this car might be for next year's WRC. Sebastien Loeb will be watching anxiously to make sure that we don't wreck his new car.

Although this is a WRC car, it is not a powerful beast like the previous WRC cars, it is less powerful and quite stable to drive. In fact, it feels very similar to a Group N car, or maybe a N4_S2000 car.

Whilst all Stages are in France, road surfaces will vary from tarmac, gravel, to Monte Carlo. The weather varies too, and Stage difficulty is designed to increase as the rally progresses.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. The Citroen DS3 WRC is not very powerful, but has very stable handling. You can throw it about aggressively.

2. SS07 and SS08 are Monte Carlo Mod, so they will be quite dangerous. Care and patience will be needed to avoid major damage or retirements.

3. RBR Pacenotes are designed for Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds for weather and track conditions. Wet weather and Monte Carlo Stages WILL require adjustments, the Pacenote calls will be faster than is safe.

4. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2010, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Don’t forget to save any interesting Replays and send them to Senad for a possible movie of the Rally.

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally:

Here is a little promo video to give you an idea of what to expect:

Full credit to Damien Jones for his great Banner and the original music intro in the video.

Add me to the list please :good:

Senad Subasic (mfodor) - EU

Love the pic, BTW :roflol:. If there's ever another event picture contest, Damien should post that one :)

Nice looking and sounding car. I hope the Mini will we available soon too.

first test on the two tarmac stages and you just gotta love it! although Citroen representatives have seriously questioned me about the pile of smashed DS3s in my backyard ... Difficult to slide it through the hairpins on handbrake, with me it always kinda stops halfway through and leaves me facing the apex head on. Gotta figure that one out til Monday (hopefully).

first test on the two tarmac stages and you just gotta love it! although Citroen representatives have seriously questioned me about the pile of smashed DS3s in my backyard ... Difficult to slide it through the hairpins on handbrake, with me it always kinda stops halfway through and leaves me facing the apex head on. Gotta figure that one out til Monday (hopefully).

Haven't tried it, but I guess it's like the S2000 cars, gotta keep it revving high.

Difficult to slide it through the hairpins on handbrake, with me it always kinda stops halfway through and leaves me facing the apex head on. Gotta figure that one out til Monday (hopefully).

Eckhart, I found it a bit like that too in my test runs. No problem sliding it on wet gravel or Monte Carlo though, lol. :eek:
Senad is pretty right with his guess, try this. Keep speed into the hairpin a tad higher, bit more aggressive on the handbrake, drop it to 1st gear, and keep some power on through the turn. You may need to counter steer to control the oversteer too, depending on how aggressively you hit the power out of the slide. (It is also useful if you squint your left eye, hold your breath for 3 seconds, and cross your legs on exit). I think that is all you need. :bang::wink::D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%