Rally Four Season - Thu December 3rd 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmn!!! Something strange has happened. I just logged into the Server and checked my times. When I click "Display Server Hour", it gives my time as one hour earlier than actual time here. I had to go into "settings" / GMT /UTC and change the time difference to plus one hour more, to get it to allign correctly.

Maybe they have recently changed the Server hour at Rallyesim.

It will be interesting to see if this screws up my times (or maybe fixes it for me??) for tonight.

I'd suggest others do a similar check.

I'll also try to set up a temporary event on their server asap to see if I can test this out.

Ok!! I just ran a test Rally on the Server and all worked fine.
My guess is that Rallyesim have adjusted their server time to GMT, I always found it to be one hour out previously anyway.

Here is what I recommend to all in this Club:

1. Check your own time vs the Server time.
To do this, enter the RSCentre. Your time and date should be displayed in the top left section just above "Display Server Hour". Make sure it is correct for your own local time and date.
2. You may need to click "Display server Hour", you may then need to click "yes" to allign your own clock with the Server clock. If you do this, double check that your PC clock still reads the correct time. If not, your RSCentre settings need to be changed. (I had to change mine by adding 1 hour extra).
3. To reset your time vs the Server time:
Click "File", "Settings", then go to "GMT/UTC" and adjust the time difference to allign with your correct time difference.
(I had to change my setting from +9 to +10). Save your setting.
4. I suggest exiting RSCentre and re-opening it again after setting the new times.

All should be ok now, but double check the setting by repeating Step 2 above.

Hopefully that fixes any problems that may occur,

BUT

Please check your time settings BEFORE the event.

AARON: If this was your problem (I suspect it was), then I suggest you re-set the Server for your USA timezone and run your Rally Thursday night (your time). If this wasn't the problem, I'd suggest you try again Thursday anyway.

I'd also strongly recommend that everyone take a screenshot of their final times at the end of the Rally, in case of any problems in collecting results.

Aaah teething problems. No problem at all Aaron. Thanks for setting things up for us. I am sure the OC crew will jump on and see how things go, if only to give you some data to try things out with... If it shows Glenn as the event winner, there is obviously a bug...

All done and dusted. The Mozza bug seemed to have disappeared 1/3 into the event, so that was good. :beauty:

Thanks loads for setting it up and I hope the next step goes smoothly!

The Oceania Rally seemed to run ok, no server problems. Cam and I made it through without server problems, but Glenn disappeared half way through, so not sure what happened to him.

Pretty tough Rally overall with so many weather changes to adapt to. By the time the snow arrived, my concentration was fading badly and I started crashing lots, but managed to finish all stages somehow.

Thanks to Cam and Glenn for the TS fun, and special thanks to Aaron for setting everything up for us.

• Aaron Cloutier

I've very happy to hear that the Oceania rally ran okay.

I think you may be right Warren, I'll check that out tonight. It would make sense that after daylight savings time went into effect that my computer time and the server time didn't sync up.

Thanks for your patience guys as I get the hang of this. And sorry for my grim-ness last night. I was in a bad mood already and really looking to race :)

I'm not sure if i will be able to compete in this event.. I'm having some problems with installing RSRBR. I have tried to download it from different places but everytime i try to install it AVG says that it contains a trojan.

I'm not sure if i will be able to compete in this event.. I'm having some problems with installing RSRBR. I have tried to download it from different places but everytime i try to install it AVG says that it contains a trojan.

Just ignore the "trojan" comment, that is simply an issue with AVG mistakenly assessing a file. It isn't a trojan.

I am so sorry but I wont complete the rally. :disapointed:
Too little practise, and I didn't know the car, stages or how to drive on tarmac. The car felt very sensitive to steering input and I just bounced around in noiker and hit every other tree. Tried to press on but it wasn't funny anymore.

Sorry if I caused any inconvinence, but I'm sure next time will be better. :) It's not like me to quit a rally.

• Aaron Cloutier

Well thank you to everyone who competed. I'll get some results put together tomorrow with any luck.

My goal for the next rally will be to be able to compete. This next rally is a request/collaboration between Warren and myself. Rally Australia, spanning very early, foggy morning throu a warm mid-day into a damp late evening. Should be fun and we'll be running the '08 WRC cars including the newly released Subaru Impreza '08 which I'm personally looking forward to.

Current plan is 2 weeks, probably on a Wednesday so as no to intersect with the other races.

• Aaron Cloutier

All..

Results are going to be a bit late. Due to how we've moved the races into the main club space Andrew's old tool for compiling results won't work. No fault of his. I believe I can rewrite it and get it working without too much fuss, but I won't be able to dig into it until sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back