Rally - Fernando's Rally Challenge - Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd April 2012

Yeah, half an hour ago today would have been perfect so 17:30 GMT tomorrow will be fine. I would really appreciate it if you or Warren could make it :)

I'll set up a new Session for 17:30 GMT Tuesday.
Please note that this will be 20:30 LOCAL time for you, since you are now GMT+3 hrs since your country went to Daylight Saving (Summer ) Time about 2 weeks ago.

Oh boy. Thought I'd ace it even with no practise by just going slow and steady, but...

ss1: All over the place, and very slow, but managed to finish.
ss2: Good stage, no problems at all.
ss3: Went a little wide on a right corner. Hit a tree at 10kph, but killed by gearbox on the spot.
ss4: The co-driver called the notes way ahead! Bounced off and crashed on the long straight, but managed to limp home.
ss5: On the 2nd loop in tarmac lost it: avoiding hitting the tree on the right resulted in hitting the tree on the left...
ss6: Chose gravel tyre... was all over the place, until there was a tree close enough to the road for me to hit and kill the car.
ss7: Went well, easy stage in my opinion, or I was just extremely slow.
ss8: Went straight and down instead of keeping left: crash.

Very challenging rally, I liked it. Hope they keep on being this hard!
Thanks Fernando for the idea and the organisers for setting it up.

Having an unexpected day off.. So I`ll most probably do the OC session after all. Sorry for all the mess yesterday but I hope that the EUT session will suit Erik, at least.

See you in roughly 3 hours on track :)

Andris Laskins - laskins- EU

And yet you joined OC :p

About my rally. Had no expectations as I entered it without any practices and with default setups all the way through - even tyre pressures stayed the same. Had few dumb mistakes in Puy Du Lac and not far from the finish spun and hit a tree at low speed - it killed the car. Meh..

For the first time doing the Rally Poland stage.. It was fun, few unexpected corners & stuff. Had 3 or 4 crashes. All of them were heavier than the one in 1st stage yet I survived.

Damaged one of my wheels early in the Peklo which made me retire later. 2nd retirement, started to piss me off.

Was going nice in the falstone, although had 2 spins throughout. But it was really nice stage with the tarmac surface.

Won PTD Rallysprint stage in OC session (I think). Was kinda suprised about that because not only that I was going slowly to survive that mad stage, I also did huge mistake in the last bit of the stage. Lost there at least 5 seconds, if not more.

Had another session victory in autioavaara, if Im not mistaken. Was even more weird because I damaged one or maybe even two wheels of the car which made me spin 2 or 3 times. Wasnt good stage at all. But maybe I didnt win it in the OC session actually :p

Well, BTB stays undrivable for me. Again those martian signs or whatever.. Couldnt just drive there :(

Was doing OK in the Joux Plane, not that I was going fast but I did enjoy it and nothing made me thought that I couldnt finish this one.. but then came a spin, crash at low speed and retirement.

After this Im starting to think that its better to crash at high speed than low speed. From what I`ve seen lately - I survive heavy crashes but I do not survive the silly crashes :p

Thanks for the rally, it was fun :)

What an awesome rally!!
I also run with default everything, except for the RDRC which I've fine tuned :p
Every stage was great, Poland being the best (even though i slid too wide and killed the car)
Flew through Falstone, even though everyone beats me >_>
First time ever finishing Pikes, even though I rolled due to a hidden sharpness in a corner near the top. so hard to see where you're going :p
Driving carefully throughout, and I'm obviously such a slow person on RBR.
I prefer doing this in real life, but RBR is so damn fun :D

p.s. only two things missing... Humualamaki and Bergheim :p
Epic rally Fernando, you made it epic!!
Also thanks to the guys who set it up, isn't possible without you ;)

Lots of stacks, few finishes:eek: My "no retirements" in RD Club rallys, has well and truly been disintegrated!! ... practice might have been worthwhile for this one!!:oops: Some tops stages, that I had never seen before.:D

First stage for me, and my computer was acting slowly! Tough to drive, and I crashed out! So I blamed the computer... But then it the stages were better for the rest of the rally, maybe computer needed warming up! But I still crashed.. possibly (definitely) all of them driver error!

Many thanks Fernando and the Organising team for the Rally and congrats to competitors who finished with no red!! :)

Wow, that really was a challenge. ;)

The car was nice enough (drove the Evo 9 to see if it could survive this one), but many of the Stages were unfamiliar to me. I hadn't driven Poland, or PTD before, and even Falstone II was new to me on Tarmac (but rather nice though, except for those dodgy pacenotes :rolleyes: ).
So, my aim was to take things very steady and try to keep the car alive. I managed to do that, although I had a few little surprises and mishaps in a few spots, but nothing to badly damage the notoriously fragile Evo.
Made a bit of a mess of PTD (slippery) and Autiovaara II (those banks in Mix mode are deadly :eek:) . Also made a few little boo boo's on Pikes Peak too, but overall I was glad to finish all stages.

Nice to see a few new drivers in the OC Session, pity most of the regulars were missing. I saw a few nice times from the new drivers on some stages too, well done in this tricky Rally.

Thanks for introducing me to some of these new Stages, Fernando. I thought they were quite good, but I sure need some practice to get familiar with them. :cool:

I really liked the stages but the stages did not like me back.

ss01 killed engine 100m from the finish
ss02 killed the engine
ss03 very slow
ss04 ok
ss05 crash and burn
ss06 held down the sticky key right after launch so I crashed the game
ss07 just ok
ss08 flat out and killed the car

Sounds awful but still very fun. I had trouble getting the car to turn on the first two stages but after that it felt much better.

If I just had recorded that, would be the most realistic and best looking crash in RBR history. :D

Last stage, tarmac tyres on monte carlo Joux Plane 2. Straight before sector 2, tight forest section. Around 180km/h.

Live action commentary:
Erik thinks for himself, that was much snow and ice there, lets brake.
Car says: Brakes applied
Snow and Ice says: No..
Erik and the Car is sliding down the straight, while trying to straighten up the drift looking thingy Erik gets over the edge.

*Slow mo effect*

Erik tries everything in his power to get the car slowed down. Sliding down the straight with half the car on the "tarmac" rest out in the forest.
1 Second.
2 Seconds.
3. Seconds.
4. Seconds.
5. Seonds.

Kabooom baaaaaaa, co-driver dies when the tree gets inside the car in the impact and Erik, yet he survived. :D

Overall Rally Results

2nrqs.jpg

Congrats Fernando, Warren, and Alasdair (pft, so much for last place)

Stage wins:
Fernando Agapito: 2 stage wins
Gundars Brigis: 2 stage wins
Ole Marius Myrvold: 2 stage wins
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win
Viesturs Priede: 1 stage win

2 disqualifications; Andrew and Norbert were driving the wrong car, N14 URT.
Several edited times; some people were over the default time on SS2, others had a longer penalty for skipping a stage than drivers who retired on the stage.

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Warren for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for coming up with a nifty podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Well, then I was right :p That darn photographer, lack of experience (and not a too good co-driver) on Pikes Peak cost me any chance of victory. And the last stage was just a mess. But I feel I showed good pace, and still regret my choice to do a grading rally =/

Oh, and I totally forgot to congratulate the podium! Fernando won his own rally, not a big surprise :p

Congrats Warren and Alasdair!

So much red ink :oops:. This event seems to be the counterpart of the very punishing WRC Vodafone Rally de Portugal 2012 :D. Warren I'm really impressed with the time on the last stage, you're always very fast on ice :). Sorry for the disqualified guys, but we all have to abide by the rules :cool:

Thanks all.

Beginners luck I think Senad. I did an incredible thing known as staying on the road!

Really enjoyed myself, particularly beating Fernando on the last stage, would never have predicted that in a million years. Looking forward to the next one, thanks to the guys for putting it together

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%