Rally Club - New Event Proposals

How about every week we run a different car class. 4WD - FWD - RWD and then back to 4WD. We had an S2000 event followed by a Group N, although they're different but that's still two 4WD in a row. A format of 4WD then FWD then RWD every week would be nice for a change :).

So - We've been talking a bit lately about having a rally, where we don't tell the weather, surface mod or time of day for the stages. Also, if we only use original-stages, we will only say that, and not even what stages we are running.

The problem with this, is the fact that both me and Roy will know about the rally before it starts, as we always try to run through the rallies once or twice for testing, for making it less possible to be bugs.
If that won't be a problem, we can do this some time as well. To make it a bit more varied.

So - We've been talking a bit lately about having a rally, where we don't tell the weather, surface mod or time of day for the stages. Also, if we only use original-stages, we will only say that, and not even what stages we are running.

How about adding the difficulty of choosing the best tyres like in rally club RRC with more stages before/after service park:

SS1
SS2
SS3

Service Park

SS4
SS5

Service Park

SS6
SS7
SS8

Or any kind of arrangement. Now this one would be the "Real Rally Challenge", where you don't master the stages for days plus with the challenge of choosing the best type of tyres for the stages on the spot :D.

Good idea Fernando :) Loved the last RRC event, that was really tricky, but epic.

Another Top Gear Challenge event would be awesome :)
Race against the sun in the Porsche 911? :p

Fernando Agapito Jack Hintz

It wasn't the last event of that kind, but we also have to keep many of the events quite "easy" to not scare off any new drivers coming in :)

Anyway, the next event will be the last before christmas, and the last with RSRBR 2012. As both Roy and I have RSRBR 2013, we are already testing different things there. And happily, there are more stages in the RBR-format, this year. More to choose from without having to use BTB ;)

"More to choose from without having to use BTB ;)"

Yes that's nice, but I like that you have started to use BTB tracks in the rally's.
I would like to see an all Swedish or Finnish Rally with the new BTB stages, maybe not as an ordinary club rally but as a test during christmas?

What do you think?

A swedish rally is very much possible due to all the new BTB Sweden stages. However, they need some testing. Some BTB stages have trees you can run through :)

There are lots of things to do in RSRBR 2013, but, no possible "damp" conditions, it's either wet or dry so far. I can say one thing though. The RoC Gran Canaria will be used. That is Roy's favorite stage... :p

:unsure: Maybe we could now use the BTB Tracks more often now that RBR FixUP plugin 1.8 has this new feature:

11. Interactive Object Manager
Some add-on tracks have invalid interactive object ids which cause the game
to crash.
This patch checks for invalid object ids and prevents them from being used.

There's lots of new stages on the new BTB Country Packs plus the new stages in the RBR format, it would be a nice new experience for the Rally Club if we start using them and limit the usage of the old RBR stages.

We've already tested loads of BTB stages online. And found out that we cannot possibly have a rally with only BTB stages. Roy & I are neither the fastest, nor slowest. But we still missed some stages due to being to slow. The time between the BTB stages are too short. So we need to put in some original-stages to make a better buffer, and then ask people to run the BTB stages as fast as possible, and not wait for the timer for it to be possible.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%