Rally Club Events - Daylight Saving Time adjustments

Warren Dawes

Premium
With the approaching adjustments to Daylight Saving Time coming up, we will be making a few changes to our Rally Club Event Start Times.
Here are the planned adjustments, based on published change-over dates across the World.

1. Oceania (Australia) - East Coast (NSW, Vic, Tas) will change to DST on 2nd October. OC Start times will change to 9:30 GMT (8:30 PM NSW, Vic, Tas, and 7:30 PM QLD).

2. Europe - Most European countries change back from DST on 30th October. EU Start times will change to 20:00 GMT.

3. USA - Most US States change back from DST on 6th November. US Start times will change to 04:00 GMT (9:00 PM Mouintain).

Each Start time will change immediately following the relevant DST adjustment date in each Timezone. Specific Start times will be advised in the Event threads.

Please let us know if these proposed Start times are not suitable.
Of course, for all Rally club Events, there will be options to request specific start times where needed.

Please also note: It is expected that the Rallyesim Server will change back from DST at the published date, this will result in the need to adjust your RSCenter Settings for local time variations.

Similar to y'alls continuing use of the imperial system :tongue:

You have no idea how much I agree with that statement.

I have long arguments with a mechanical engineer friend of mine about this. He works in a shop where they are all imperial, to the point where they will get specs in for a metric job, so they convert all the specs to imperial, design the plant entirely in imperial units, and then before the design goes back to the customer they convert everything in the design back to metric...

I used to run this as my avatar on forums for a long, long time:

Metric-america.gif

Sorry for the hijack, you hit my rant button haha

Yep, all these DST adjustments are a PITA. :frown:

In Australia, just to make it worse, my home state of Queensland doesn't adopt DST, but the rest of the East Coast does.
It would be nice if the world could at least agree to make all the changes together at the same date. :rolleyes:

I have advised Rick, hopefully he or the RDRC Team will advise what they will do.

If we adopt the new times for RDRC, the OC ones need to be changed for the next Round.

Bumping this thread as a reminder, Europe changes over from DST this weekend .

One important thing for everyone to check:

This means that the RallyeSim Server should also change time sometime on Sunday night/Monday morning. This will result in most of us having to change our RSCenter Settings for the GMT/UTC time offset to match the server.

For me, that means my Setting must change from GMT+9 hrs to GMT+10 hrs.

I would also expect that the Server will go off-line for a period while they change their clock settings. :confused:

PLEASE CHECK YOUR SETTINGS before you drive the RDRC Round this weekend, or you may miss your nominated start time.

Quick update, mainly for the Aussies (and some non European timezones).

I have now checked the Server timezone settings and, indeed, the Server had changed by one hour. As a result, I had to change my Settings under RSCenter to GMT+10 hrs (instead of the previous GMT+9hrs).
Please check this before your next On-Line rally.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%