Rally - Christmas Mix 2011- Mon 19th & Tues 20th December 2011

I liked this rally short of the monte-carlo track :confused:
Michael Hausknecht and I had a really good rally, when back and forth all the way up until the last stage. We chatted via teamspeak (this makes thing much more fun) and both agreed that we were far from perfect this rally but still had a great time. Finland felt really good I think I had a fast pace trough it all and got a few seconds ahead. We traded seconds back in forth until the USA track, Prospect Ridge put me behind by quite a bit. Fortunately I didn't CFH but I did have a heck of a time getting back onto the track because of a silly off. The last two Australia rallies is really where I made some time up, the gravel really seemed to bit when I needed it to and just felt good coming off the slick stages. Overall, great rally and I want to thank Michael for a great battle!

Thanks to Warren, Sedan, & Rick for a great year of RDRC2011 along with the Club Events, looking forward to racing with everyone next year. Happy Holidays!

ss1 late to start penalty, then directly to ss2
ss2 was good, enjoyed (was infact felt very easy
ss3 not so bad, okayish
ss4 was good until a cfh, so lost time..
ss5 was ok, 'not bad not gook kind'
ss6 retired, just a couple of corners before to the straight downhill stretch
ss7 hit a tree after the first 'key left' and then another at the double 'med left'corners and broke gear box and retired.
ss8 was driving pretty good until i hit a tree after the 'medium left' and before 'key right'

Thanks for the rally, Organisers! :)

Very pleased indeed... Whenever the game starts up, it minimizes to prompt a box for me to connect to internet which I am already connected to... That was the end of RSRBR 2011 for me, thank you and good night...

Very pleased indeed... Whenever the game starts up, it minimizes to prompt a box for me to connect to internet which I am already connected to... That was the end of RSRBR 2011 for me, thank you and good night...
ooh sorry about that. you need to go to network settings and change the dialing rules. to not to dial.

Found out that it is the game that wants to chat on the internet... Will do a complete reinstall of the whole thing now. Good thing there is no rally that count for points in a while :p

That was a most pleasant finish to 2011 for me.
I normally don't enjoy the FWD cars, but tonight was a lot of fun.
I didn't test any of the cars, I just wanted to get with the relaxing Christmas spirit and take a very casual approach to this Rally. I picked the Skoda Octavia, because I think it looks nice, and also because I didn't think anyone else would pick such a big heavy looking tank. Surprisingly, I found it to be pretty good once I got a feel for it.
It had it's problems on these Stages but maybe other cars were also similar. For most Stages, the front wheels had very poor grip and so the Skoda had heaps of wheelspin and understeered badly if they were spinning. So, I quickly learned to feather the throttle lots, brake early, and try to stop the tail end wagging all over the place.
The Monte Carlo Stage was rather deadly, the first three hairpins the tail slid out badly, and banged the armco, so I had to learn a new technique to get the big Skoda around the tight turns.

Anyway, I had plenty of fun, and survived all Stages without destroying the car.

We had many guys on teamspeak tonight, so it turned out really good fun chatting to everyone. Thanks to all who joined us. :)

Don't forget to look at our RSRBR2012 Test Rally for next week. I won't be able to join that one, we have a houseful of guests, including the Grandkids. :)

Thanks to all who joined the OC Session, and best wishes for a happy Christmas.

OMG and LOL. That´s about it :D I had my gamepad connected to my computer and when I started stage one I was wondering why my steering, handbrake and gears won´t work. Lost about 30 seconds in the first stage and 5 to 10 seconds in the second until I realized what the problem was :p Maybe the holiday spirit has gone to my head or something. But other than that all the stages went cleanly except in new bobs I hit tree twice :)
Thank you for setting this up.
And Happy Holidays everyone :)

It was fun to be with you guys in the TS today. Sorry about those noises though, I hate to drive with my headphones so I forgot to put them on when I turned on mic and sound for TS. Didnt talk much but I think I`ll turn in the TS more often next season though. Had a good laugh at some points :p

Merry Christmass and happy new year guys :) Meet you at the next season (maybe at the tests :) )

LOL. Just got my wheel (G25) today and had the terrible idea of testing it on this rallye!!
The results: only 1 FINISHED stage. lol. And the finished stage (Tanner) was +1min slower than my best time on the pad.

This wheel thing looks impossible. But overall still had fun :p.
Merry Christmas and happy new year :). See you on the RSRBR 2012 test event. Hope to finish at least 1/3 of stages there :p.

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Sebastien, Warren and Jeff.

Stage wins:
Sebastien Levret: 5 stage wins
Jeff Feaker: 1 stage win
Fernando Agapito: 1 stage win
Jeff Brown: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, enjoy the holidays, hope to see you all next year.
Thanks to Warren for another year of running the rally club.
And finally thanks to Norman for making Warren's and my life a lot easier for the past few months.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 196 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%