Rally - Carlos Sainz Tribute - Mon 19th & Tues 20th July 2010

Ah, too bad there aren't more replays, I was wondering what style of driving people used to make the car behave, and to have fun.
If I drove it fast, I failed. If I drove it slow, I got annoyed.

You should like the next tribute Rally, I'm planning one with a local, actually a Kiwi, legend. A very sad loss but a highly successful Rally driver. And everyone loves a Subaru, hey. :D

Coool, what a pity we couldn't get some of those kiwi type stages in the rally. Fast and flowing droooooooooolllllllllllll :p

okay, enough banter, back to the video

Ah, too bad there aren't more replays, I was wondering what style of driving people used to make the car behave, and to have fun.
If I drove it fast, I failed. If I drove it slow, I got annoyed.

Senad, here are a selection of replays I kept from my testing sessions. They aren't from the actual Rally, but they are the same Stages etc. They are similar to my Rally runs, but I made a few more mistakes in the actual Rally. Maybe they can give you an idea of how I drove the Celica. :wink:

http://rapidshare.com/files/408096171/Celica_Replays.rar

Rick,

It's cool m8. If you get em mailed or up to rapidshare or something similar that would be cool but if not it's all good. I have 3 sets of replays and some very interesting footage. We're going to play guess who ended a stage with what car. Some of the incidents are scary, unexpected or just plain hilarious. I mean, who gets stuck across the road with nowhere to go but down, within 300 metres of stage 1. Now it might be me, but I'm not telling. :)

For the next rally I will try and get Warren to select 2 stages for people to save their replays from for me. Maybe as a little add-on to the rally info. My thursdays, which seem to be when the new rally is announced, doesn't finish till 10 pm and if I ask when I register most people would miss it.

Cheers

Okay, let's have a quick game of spot the stupid australian living in brisbane.

Clues :

It's 11.20pm wednesday night,

at 8 am thursday morning he has an appointment at the dentist in town, an hour in the bus.

He's still working away at producing a video of the Carlos Sainz Rally.

No prizes for the winner sorry.

UPDATE : It's now 1.30 am and the movie is done. Am publishing it in movie maker will review it and if all is okay I will upload it to youtube while I sleep ( all 4 1/2 hours of it )

Great movie John, well made and very entertaining. Only those participating in these Rally's can appreciate how easy some of those crashes are in this game.
I died laughing at your end to Greenhills, no passenger door, flapping drivers door, bonnet up, and locked in first gear, that must be a new technique or strategy. Hilarious though.

That must have taken ages to put together, thanks heaps for your stirling efforts mate. Exactly the sort of fun approach we want in the Rally Club. I'm sure we will get many more "stars" submitting their performances in future. Maybe we can start a new award "most spectacular crash of the year", or "the most beaten up car to cross the finish line".
Those poor Celica's. :D

Thanks guys, had great fun making it actually. Captured every replay in fraps and then edited them in virtual dub and used windows movie maker and voila. I wouldn't mind finding out what skins people use on their cars for the next one just to make it a little more interesting. I thought the red bull skin this time was appropriate now he's a red bull driver.

I'm going to keep everything and make a end of year video as well.

I tried to protect the innocent and not identify crash victims but I think you gave your end to greenhills away Senad :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%