Rally - "Bee's Invade America" - Mon 7th February & Tues 8th February 2011

Well, the other car I like is the Peugeot, and that car does not explode engines like the Audi. But I feel like the finger was pointing at me amongst others with that opening post :tongue: Might have to do the rally with the Ford unless I find a way of keeping the Audi together :)

Oscar Hardwick (oscarhardwick) - EU - Audi S1

See... I was testing and got to the S1, and the dull scream of its engine on the line, how it does 0-60 in about 2.8 seconds, on any surface. The sheer power when you so much as give a second look to the accelerator. Hell, I wont finish any of the stages but my god will I have the most fun trying to finish them.

Might have to do the rally with the Ford unless I find a way of keeping the Audi together :)

For my Diamond Creek run, I put the gears up to long, and tried to avoid overrevving it (short shifting helped me to keep it somewhere near the road too). I had a heck of a lot of restarts just to complete the Stage, and it didn't blow the engine. I wrecked every other part of the car though. :redface:

If there's a syzygy, and if lady luck visits, and I happen to get a podium, or a win even, I'd hate it to be with a faster car.

Don't let that deter you (or others), whilst the 205 may be a bit faster, it takes considerable skill to benefit from it. It's a risk vs reward car :wink: . If some of the "lesser successfull" drivers can drive it well enough to benefit from it, good luck to them, that is exactly what I'd like to see. :)

Don't let that deter you (or others), whilst the 205 may be a bit faster, it takes considerable skill to benefit from it. It's a risk vs reward car :wink: . If some of the "lesser successfull" drivers can drive it well enough to benefit from it, good luck to them, that is exactly what I'd like to see. :)

I think I quite enjoyed it last time, didn't seem like that much of a handful.
Will see, have to try them all out, on the Rally School stage at least.

Too bad about my computer freezing, this would've been a great video... :frown:

I'm a bit surprised that there are no Peugeot 205 selections yet.

Does everyone classify themselves as an "alien" or has the car got people edgy? :rabbit:
After doing 2 rallies, with one podium and three stage wins, I feel that I might be onee of those who should not use the Peugeot. I did however test it last night, and I was 10 seconds faster than with a good run with the Audi - and I had 2 big spins and a stall with the Peugeot :tongue: It may look like an Audi-cup right now, so I might be the one to break out and use the 205 :fwd:

I really enjoy those 2 cars :) Looks like I have found the setup for both cars for the rally, now all I have to do is decide which one to use... Might be a last minute decision :wink:

After some Rally School runs, decided that the Peugeot is the best for me.

Ford RS200 is nice and easy to drive, but 7 seconds slower than the Peugeot.
Same goes for the Lancia.
The Audi is uncontrollable for me.
Some issues with the Metro as well, but it seemed quite slow anyway.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 506 39.0%