Rally - "Audi A3 Unveiled" - Mon 21st & Tues 22nd March 2011

that was mega, cool car, superb stage choice and variety. really enjoyed battle with Roy.

went off on Harwood and last stage, lost a minute in mistakes.

good luck all in OC session, looking forward to overall results. :)

SS1 - Okay run, a bit untidy at places. Fastest in the EU-zone :)
SS2 - Went very well the first 2/3 of the stage, then I ran out of front end grip in a 5th gear corner, and had a CFH. An okay time with that in mind. 4th
SS3 - Went wide, and span. Had to reverse back on to the road. Again a very good time :) 2nd
SS4 - Off in the final corner, slippery with intermediates... 1st :)
SS5 - Photographers on the apex a lot in the first sector, did an okay time. 1st
SS6 - Went off the road and broke the gearbox in neutral... DNF =/
SS7 - Okay time, angry with the mistake at the previous stage. 1st
SS8 - The dampers was completely wrong, kicking the car up and everywhere over the bumps. Again fastest, but to no real help at all...

5th in session, 3:47,29 behind Mark who was fastest overall. 5 of 8 fastest stagetimes (in this session) and a 4:43 extra for a DNF do tell a lot about my pace today.... Now Ole Marius has something to work with :wink:

EU

SS1. prety much got all the hairpins right, had a scare at the 5th gear left right at the houses, but still 2nd fastest.
SS2. realy like this stage, but kept the speed down as i didnt want a DNF so early in the event, again 2nd fastest but with Roy`s CFH it put a wisker if front overall.
SS3. didnt fancy my chances much here and to make things worse the slightly ropey setup i made wasent there, so had hasterly picked the one i used in the 1st 2 stages. big mistake i should have just run default so lost loads of time driving like a granny lol
SS4. deleted offending setup so was able to select my ropey gravel setup and did much better this time 3rd overall.
SS5. absolutly hated this in practice, totaly unable to find any rythem so just tried to kee p it clean.
SS6. did a bit better here, could push as much as i would like but manged a steady run without to many mistakes.
SS7. my favorite stage of the night and i almost cocked up at the start as i forgot to turn hdbloom off, so a quick fumble with the keys as my co driver was counting down got the blood pumping even more lol, but manged a good drive and was slightly up on Roy in the 1st 2 splits but lost a few secs in final sector.
SS8. last stage of the night and my most tense stage, which showed in my driving and after a few little mistakes came my biggest crash of the night as i rolled it with 2K`s to go, luckly no real damage and was able to rejoin the track without asistance.

very pleased with my driving tonight had hreat fun on the stages and watching other peoples times and it was looking very close at the top between 4 of us till Roy & Dariusz had a bad stage. well done to Mark for the EU win and cuffed to nits with my 2nd place, i didnt win a stage tongiht so it just shows the importance of keeping it clean and consitant :cool:

thanks to Senad and all the drivers cya in the emerald isles next week :D

Why not, let's give it a go.

Troy Ament - tromoly - US

Corey, I'll probably be on TS a bit early, if you haven't gotten your mic sorted out we should be able to get it going.

Did decent on the tarmac, only slight errors on both stages. Then forgot to change tires after a restroom break and tried Chirdonhead on Tarmac Drys, retired that one and got frustrated on Harwood Forest and retired as well. Sipirkakim saw one CFH, then scared myself with how well I was driving, only to clip a tree and get spun around. Tanner went pretty good. Frazier Wells didn't go so well, hit a tree and FUBAR'd the steering through the hills and dropped a ton of time. Hadn't done a complete run of Hualapai Nation, had about 4 CFH's before killing the car enough to warrant a retirement. Didn't practice much 'cause I wasn't sure I'd make it, oh well.

Corey, nice chatting with you for a bit, sorry for leaving before you finished, just a bit frustrated and didn't want to be a nuisance.

Not my evening, 2 retirements an the rest was Crab could not control the car at all, lots of slights in the snow an bouncing of at high speed .

Hope it will be better next week.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%
  • < 5 years