Rally - All American - Mon 12th & Tues 13th July 2010

It's really strange hearing of the extreme heat in Europe, normally Australia is like that all of the time (especially in Queensland where I live), but it's winter here now and rather nice at the moment. Glenn gets all of the lousy Aussie weather, but then he does live near Melbourne. :tongue:

I'm expecting a non stop crash fest for me tonight, I can never drive these USA Stages. My car choice will be based on whichever one is the toughest, because it will get beaten up severly on some of these Stages. :hammer: :redface:

Sorry guy's was rushing bk frm the airport, i'm home.. but i need shower & shave, i stink!
I know i haven't even signed-up, my bad! i was hoping to be home 2 hours ago to get setup, looks like tonight's a no-go for me.

Goodluck OC crew! i think your gonna need it? those project D boy's are on the hunt.

Sorry Aussies.. there won't be any kiwifruit on your PAV tonight.

Overall Rally Results

20100712rdrallyallameri.png

Congrats on the win Sebastien, and Jakub and Rick for the podium finishes.

At least there is no more monopoly on stage wins :)

Sebastien Levret - 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Jakub Sulej - 2 stage wins :star::star:
Rick Bamford - 2 stage wins :star::star:
Chris Butcher - 1 stage win :star:

Thank you Warren for organizing the rally, can't wait for the next one. I just hope there will be less red ink (in my case, less than 30 degrees in the room :D).

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 20100712rdrallyallameri.png
    20100712rdrallyallameri.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 249
Well my Rally went about how I expected, I really struggle on the USA Stages. They are great fast flowing Stages, very much fun to drive, but I just can't seem to clearly see the road on these and a small error in putting a wheel on the edge does some horrible things.
I certainly did some terrible things to my poor car tonight, the poor Lancer looked like a battered old hulk from the scrapyard after a few stages, but somehow she battled on to finish each stage. :redface:

At one point in Stage 2, my co-driver informed me (as I bounced high into the air over a high speed jump) of an impending fast right, which I considered much tighter than that, but the only problem was that I was airborn as I sailed over the crest. As the co-driver groaned away while we tumbled violently over a cliff, I yelled at him "Now you tell me !!!". :mad: What a great guy he was though, he just went on calling the pacenotes again and took no offence at my abuse. :)

Good to have Toby and Chris join Rick and I on TS tonight, sad that Toby was disconnected by a power failure at home after Stage 1 though. :frown:
Well done to Rick for trying to fly the Aussie flag, but he didn't have much competition from the Aussies tonight.

Now to dream up something sinister for the next Rally, but it might be time for a Spanish influence to celebrate their World Cup victory. :wink:

Nice run for me, and a wonderful battle with Jakub, my teammate Sebastien and Łukasz.

Only one mistake in the last stage, and lost my third place....

Two rallye and two time in the fourth place, what the hell...

Grats to the podium and thanks to Warren and Senad for this rallye.

Congratulations to Sebastien for another overall win, but great to see that a couple of others are able to provide a challenge. Well done Jakub and Rick for the podium.

Nice to see Jakub, Rick, and Chris wrestling a few Stage wins away from Seb too. :)

Big welcome to Dariusz for your first Rally with us, you picked a tough one for your first, but I hope you had fun.

Thanks to all who joined this one, look forward to dreaming up our next challenge. :rally: :ups:

EDIT: Huge thanks to Senad for the slick posting of results, you are waaaay better at that than me. :D

Like I have already said, it was a wonderfull rally with big battle at each stage. I made only one mistake in the SS5, I went out of the track and hoped that I will be not on the roof. But I can come back on the road and win this stage.

Thanks Warren and Senad, nice rally and nice work with a quick result.

Please say that you saved some replays this time :)

Yep, I'm sure some of us would love to learn how to drive like that, sharing some replays would be great.

For what it is worth, I remembered to save my replays from SS03 to SS08 (forgot the first two, and these had some spectacular crashes too), if anyone wants them. I can't remember who asked for them last time, I think it may have been John.

Ouch, looks like I missed out on a great rally. And usa are some of my best stages, although night runs and my pc are having issues until I can figure out why it's so stuttery. Have a bit of time in the mornings this week and over the weekend and have monday off so if anyone has a replay or 2 they want to send I will have a go and see what I can put together. I'd expect to post it on monday.

email is elmomarty@bigpond.com

I got a couple of replays from the last rally and have to apologise profusely to everyone, especially though to Murat and Senad, for not having the time to put something together. My work this last week has been horrific. From Wednesday last week till last night I was at 72 hours for the week.

Cheers

You made a mistake, and finished 17 seconds faster than anyone else... On a 3 minute stage. :o

Please say that you saved some replays this time :)

Yep, I'm sure some of us would love to learn how to drive like that, sharing some replays would be great.

Oh sorry, again I forgot to save all my replays. I never saved my replay, and never think about that when I finish a stage. Next time I will try to remenber.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back