• "I'm going to pee in your seat" - Jenson Button
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Rain reflections, how-to?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Kennett Ylitalo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    How do one add rain reflections? Goresh did them for Alpine Hills but i have no idea how to do them... need help!

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola

Ratings:
    +6
    You need 3DS Max and gMotor plugins for that. I know it can be done with 3DSimed as well, but I don't have any experience with that...

3. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Damn... When it's time to release Cicada, i'll need someone to do them for me...

4. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Just out of curiosity, what's the technic? A new mesh 0.1cm above the road and special instance ? Something like that or..?

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola

Ratings:
    +6
    In 3Ds Max you apply gMotor shader for the road surface that has assigned cube map. Cube Map T1 would be the simplest one. I think that should do it :) I have never done tracks in 3DS Max, but they do use same materials and shaders than cars which I use to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX club driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,802
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    Thanks, i'll add that to tutorials in SimTrackipedia :) The same technic is used in Race as well, if anyone knows any difference tell but i know that GTR2 rain reflections can be copied directly to Race.

8. Brad Dibble

Brad Dibble

Ratings:
    +3
  9. mianiak

mianiak

Ratings:
    +16
    I put this together a while ago, but its not finalised, it uses blender and simed with btb to make wet tracks for rfactor, I think a similar theory applies to Simbin.
    It works alongside Alex's wet track tutorial and follows a similar process.
    BTB Wet Track Tutorial