1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rain reflections, how-to?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Kennett Ylitalo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. How do one add rain reflections? Goresh did them for Alpine Hills but i have no idea how to do them... need help!
  2. You need 3DS Max and gMotor plugins for that. I know it can be done with 3DSimed as well, but I don't have any experience with that...
  3. Damn... When it's time to release Cicada, i'll need someone to do them for me...
  4. Just out of curiosity, what's the technic? A new mesh 0.1cm above the road and special instance ? Something like that or..?
  5. In 3Ds Max you apply gMotor shader for the road surface that has assigned cube map. Cube Map T1 would be the simplest one. I think that should do it :) I have never done tracks in 3DS Max, but they do use same materials and shaders than cars which I use to do.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks, i'll add that to tutorials in SimTrackipedia :) The same technic is used in Race as well, if anyone knows any difference tell but i know that GTR2 rain reflections can be copied directly to Race.
  8. I put this together a while ago, but its not finalised, it uses blender and simed with btb to make wet tracks for rfactor, I think a similar theory applies to Simbin.
    It works alongside Alex's wet track tutorial and follows a similar process.
    BTB Wet Track Tutorial