F1 2011 Rain Effects on Camera gone!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Howdy folks!

when I drive in a wet race you normaly get the rain effect on the camera itself, you know, the raindrops and blurry vision. But since a few day I don't get them anymore. I can only see them when I chosse the "track-cam" where you only see the track you drive on.

Does anybody know why?

I had this happen and it turned out to be the fact that i had changed the cars camera file from highres true to highres false, so i could see the cars arials, so change it back to true
Hope this helps
Ian

Howdy Guys,

I have a Problem with F1 2011 for some time now. When I drive in the Rain I see the Rain, my Car is Wet, everything seems fine. But when I drive I don' get the Rain Effect on my Camera Lense!!! Blurry Vision is also gone.

Does anybody know why this is gone?

Have you enabled the antennas in your camera files? Because when I did that, the rain drops didn't appear on my screen either as well as cars in front of me would kick up spray but it wouldn't blur my vision.
So if you have enable your antennas then you won't see the rain effects and you'll have to disable them to get it back.

Have you enabled the antennas in your camera files? Because when I did that, the rain drops didn't appear on my screen either as well as cars in front of me would kick up spray but it wouldn't blur my vision.
So if you have enable your antennas then you won't see the rain effects and you'll have to disable them to get it back.

Where would i find the specific antenna file please I also have the same issues as OP

Where would i find the specific antenna file please I also have the same issues as OP

Okay, so for each car, there is a "camera.xml" file. You need to convert that to text, ideally with Ryder's XML converter.

In there, there will be heaps of code, look for the lines that say something like
"high res interior = False" , if it's false then it means you have antennas enabled for that camera view, so to disable it just replace "false" with "true". However, you'll have to do that for every camera view in that file if you want them all to have rain drops, but If not then you can just select which ones you want, because at the start of the camera code , it has the title of the camera, like "head-cam" or something, that's how you know which one your editing.

However, if, for the camera(s) that you choose, the high res interior says true, then I don't know why you don't have rain drops.

Hope it helps

Okay, so for each car, there is a "camera.xml" file. You need to convert that to text, ideally with Ryder's XML converter.

In there, there will be heaps of code, look for the lines that say something like
"high res interior = False" , if it's false then it means you have antennas enabled for that camera view, so to disable it just replace "false" with "true". However, you'll have to do that for every camera view in that file if you want them all to have rain drops, but If not then you can just select which ones you want, because at the start of the camera code , it has the title of the camera, like "head-cam" or something, that's how you know which one your editing.

However, if, for the camera(s) that you choose, the high res interior says true, then I don't know why you don't have rain drops.

Hope it helps

Ok so tryed the above and also got xml file of lad i play with all the time and he does NOT have the same problem.

Now i have rain effects in grand prix not had career race yet but in multiplayer and co-op ( who i play with above mentioned lad) I still have nothing surely there must be more then a select few with this problem

Have read codies forum but cannot find anything

I play with everything on ultra using a Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti which i bought about 2 months ago before that i was using a crappy 9950 model

Really don't understand it

Cheers Though for you help

In multiplayer you only get raindrops and blurry vision if you are hosting the session. Could also be you only get it when you host Q and R, and not in case of race only.

Well thats a bit crap, hope they sort that out for 2012 because for me its one of the best features of the game. and also that means you have a much better advantage then the host in online games because you have a clearly more visible field of view as no effects on screen

Cheers for the answer though and help guys

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back