Raikkonen Confirmed at Ferrari for 2018

No offence, I love Kimi with all my heart. But Ferrari has one very promising and one awesome talent (Dominating F2 atm) on their lineup. And I personally think it's time for the new talents to shine. I Hope they at least get the Sauber seats.
Still happy to have Kimi around tho, he's always awesome :D
People said the same about Vandoorne and now he's one of the worst drivers on the grid, struggling massively with the setup and with adjusting his driving style to the new cars. Imagine putting someone like that in an actual fast car that is supposed to fight for race wins.

People said the same about Vandoorne and now he's one of the worst drivers on the grid, struggling massively with the setup and with adjusting his driving style to the new cars. Imagine putting someone like that in an actual fast car that is supposed to fight for race wins.
Give him time to learn, you can't always judge a driver from his first season. And yes, not every good driver from smaller series will be able to compete in F1 but if they won't let them try they'll never know. Look at Verstappen for example. He's a fenomenal talent who was great in a smaller series. Everyone was bashing him for being to yound and having no experience with car racing and two years later he won a grand prix.
What I want to say with that is, that you can't just say "He was good in F2 but he sucks in F1". That might definitely the case for Palmer and maybe, we can't know yet, for Vandoorne. But you can't just say every yung driver sucks because of that.

Give him time to learn, you can't always judge a driver from his first season.
But you can put him in a weaker car. That's exactly why Leclerc shouldn't get the Ferrari seat straight away. Vandoorne's lucky that this year's McLaren is exactly at the kind of level Leclerc should be right now, and even then he's doing his pre-F1 reputation no justice whatsoever.

And yes, not every good driver from smaller series will be able to compete in F1 but if they won't let them try they'll never know.
What I want to say with that is, that you can't just say "He was good in F2 but he sucks in F1". That might definitely the case for Palmer and maybe, we can't know yet, for Vandoorne. But you can't just say every yung driver sucks because of that.
Again, this is Ferrari. They don't need unknowns and they don't need pointless risks. They need a consistent #2 to Vettel, and Raikkonen can provide that just fine. With Leclerc they run the risk of him either slower, less consistent or less loyal, all of which would harm them, so promoting him straight away would be a very risky and most likely bad idea.

Look at Verstappen for example. He's a fenomenal talent who was great in a smaller series. Everyone was bashing him for being to yound and having no experience with car racing and two years later he won a grand prix.
Except he, too, got 1.25 seasons in a slower car, and barring the fluke win, Ricciardo, clearly a less talented driver with less potential than Verstappen, trounced him the rest of the year. Problem is, Verstappen is not the norm, as Vandoorne has shown no promise whatsoever so far - he's still just as slow as he was at the start of the year, while Verstappen kept improving very noticeably from race to race.

Last edited:
But you can put him in a weaker car. That's exactly why Leclerc shouldn't get the Ferrari seat straight away. Vandoorne's lucky that this year's McLaren is exactly at the kind of level Leclerc should be right now, and even then he's doing his pre-F1 reputation no justice whatsoever.

Again, this is Ferrari. They don't need unknowns and they don't need pointless risks. They need a consistent #2 to Vettel, and Raikkonen can provide that just fine. With Leclerc they run the risk of him either slower, less consistent or less loyal, all of which would harm them, so promoting him straight away would be a very risky and most likely bad idea.

Except he, too, got 1.25 seasons in a slower car, and barring the fluke win, Ricciardo, clearly a less talented driver with less potential than Verstappen, trounced him the rest of the year. Problem is, Verstappen is not the norm, as Vandoorne has shown no promise whatsoever so far - he's still just as slow as he was at the start of the year, while Verstappen kept improving very noticeably from race to race.
As i said, put them in the saubers ;)

As i said, put them in the saubers ;)
That is the plan and I can't wait to see Leclerc in particular show what he's got. I feel bad for Wehrlein though, as he's bound to find himself with no available seat next year. Really hoping Giovinazzi will find a seat as well, but Leclerc is clearly the bigger star in Ferrari's junior academy and there's likely to be only one seat available next year (Wehrlein's) so he'll probably have to wait once more.

Hope he can secure one or two (or even more) victories again. He’s one of the most relaxed and honest guys on the grid who speaks his mind without hesitating.

Yeah, and that will only be allowed to happen if vettel has a DNF :rolleyes:

Kimi has been relegated to "racing car driver", rather than "racing driver" :thumbsdown:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%