RAF - Fatal Red Arrows Crash

Chris Butcher

Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion
Sadly, after the Bournemouth air show in England, one of the famous red aircraft was lost in an accident. The aircraft went down after performing their routine at the airshow. The particular Hawk T1 that crashed was Red 4, piloted by Flt Lt Jon Egging, and he was pronounced dead after being thrown from the aircraft.

RIP Flt Lt Jon Egging

Full story - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14602900

Source: BBC News

This is very sad, every time i see these guys display it never gets boring, everyone knows who the red arrows are and if they've never seen them then they're missing out big time. Seems he decided against ejecting to save the lives of others as the plane would have gone on to hit houses.

Im wondering whether they'll actually replace red 4 or whether they will from now on run with just 8 planes as a lot of people now know red 4 for one man and the selfless thing he did today which sadly cost him his own life.

yeah thursday was awful for the air festival and bournemouth in general, went down there and could barely get around the place where its so downhill towards the seafront the flooding was terrible

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Awful news, if what Rob said is true about not ejecting to save the lives of others, he is a hero in every right as he would be if he died in battle. R.I.P!

Ive seen them perform loads of time during my lifetime, and just last week they flew over me in formation on there way to or from a show. And it sickens me to read some of the comments on youtube, this man had flew in combat operations and he is one of THE top pilots in the world, you cant get to be in the red arrows if you just a good pilot.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 131 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.1%
  • €3001-5000