1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Radicals SR 4 @ zolder Thursday November 11th 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bjorn de Haas, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RaceDepartment RAD
    Class: Radical SR4 252 bhp
    Track: zolder click to download
    Weather: Dry
    Practice: 15 minutes (20:00GMT)
    Qualification: 10 minutes (Super Pole)
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2x25 minutes
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

2. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

1. Eric Plimmer
    2. Marco Sbordoni
    3. Reggie Blain
    4. Karl Dubois
    5. Pawel Domaradzki
    6. James Fellows
    7. Ronny Rooij
    8. Bjorn de Haas
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -

3. Drivername: Ronny Rooij
    I understand the Golden rules: YES

4. Sign me up please Bjorn. Another new track to learn...

Drivername: Eric Plimmer

5. Drivername: Marco Sbordoni

6. Ronny we have league race FDR this night..........

7. Sorry Bjorn, have to pull back out of this one.

8. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Drivername: Reggie Blain

We need more sign ups to make a nice we grid, come on guys these cars are awsome

9. Karl Dubois

Karl Dubois
    Premium Member

Sign me up please
    driver:Karl Dubois

Nice track Zolder
    Saw my first race there, 1981 Zolder Formula 1 grand prix
    after the race I was sitting in the Brabham of Nelson Piquet, so good memories for the track.

10. Drivername: Pawel Domaradzki

11. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Thats great Karl that you have been to zolder and seen a F1 race in 1981. So cool you will be the man to watch at this event then.

Comon guys keep on signing this will be a good event

12. Sign me up please

13. Seems that i can join you guys anyway.

Count me in Bjorn,(again)!

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'm in.

15. Excellent fun tonight - I thought I was quite fast around here but you guys just blow me away. Come to think of it, that seems to happen to me every time I race.
    Again, so sorry Michael.... you were having a good fight 'till I tried to join in.....
    Pretty good turn out tonight in the end. Great to see Bjorn on track again, many thanks to him and RD for another crazy night in the Radicals.

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Yup, I got in but never really got the car right, just couldn't trust it. How's that for an excuse? It also took me a while to remember the track but I could seldom place the car where I really wanted it.

Quaili: Yup I did that too!

R1: I got out of sorts in T1 and lost ground. I thought I tapped someone and waited but I can't remember seeing it in the replay. Way back and no hope to find the pack. I can't catch Wesley but Marco seems to have a car problem thats giving him greif and eventually he is behind me. I can maintain 9th to the finish!

R2: Better start, maybe this is where I tapped someone, I'll check replay later. Agaion, no speed as I just wasn't prepared for this race. I didn't even download the track until after I signed up[another excuse ;)]. This race I had trouble keeping Marco a safe distance behind but never made a bad enough misteke for him to catch me. Again 9th.

Thanks for the fun guys! Hope to cach more Euro races this winter.

17. ..I'm going to sleep with your car in my eyes still :)
    I'm slow driver, but always funny drive with you rocket men...

18. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Always love to race the Radicals they are good fun. Short race report

Quali Got pole with a 129.9 so was very happy

Race1 Got a good start and was away tryin to get a bit of a gap on the field and in T1 on lap 2 i run wide onto the grass and managed to save it and only lost 1 position. I was about 2 secs of the leader and was able to reel him in. He run wide in T1 and i put a pass on him, but in T2 he outbraked and hit me side ways and didnt wait, Got goin and was still in P2 but Suspension damage and 4 seconds behind the leader. I got the gap down to under a second but run outa laps and tyres so i finished P2

Race 2 Starting 7th on the grid this time and of we go down to T1 everybody was goin for it. Few people had made mistakes and i gained a couple of positions but the tight chincane at the back of the track on lap 1 there was 2 people had a comin together, i run over the kurbing to try and miss them and spun. Nightmare dead last so i get my head down and i have to say it was the madest race i have been in for a long time. Managed to get P2 again and was right on Karls tail on the last lap.

Thanks every1 for racing and thanks to Bjorn and RD for this event

19. Was great fun. Nver driven these or at this circuit before so it was a real shot in the dark when I went out to qualify. And of course, with any shot in the dark, sometimes you miss...and I did ... at turn 1, understeering off....P11 for me :)

Race 1 was a bit of a journey having a good race with a few and getting faster and faster as I learnt the line. Finished 5th and was quite happy with that.

Race 2 was a much more mixed affair. I started 4th and got up to P2after some nice overtaking....yay me!!! Took 1st after the leader made a mistake....kept it on the tracek and in first for quite a few laps...was feeling good. But Karl was reeling me in at about 0.5 a lap. I started to push and lost front end grip within a lap. Karl was quite patient and took me in a very clean over taking manouver a couple of laps later. I kept on his tail and then repassed a lap later...but it was too good to last and I lost it through the fast chicane, spinning wildly and dropping to 6th....Never have I been so frustrated with my driving!! So I took off after 4th and 5th who were in a great fight. They got cought up in the last chicane and I stamped on the brakes to avoid them. Alas Eric didnt' see us come to an almost stop and he hit me with quite a bit of force....racing accident and all, but enough to wreak my rhythm....

So I manage after a bit of a wasted few laps to finish in 7th....what a horrendous way to finish after holding 1st place for over half the race :-(

Was great fun though...and Eric, don't worry about the hit, was just one of those racing incidents. Look forward to racing with you again.

20. Thanks again Michael - I get so upset with myself if I hit anyone....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.