1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radicals @ Macau, Thursday November 13, 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RADS
    Car: Radical SR4 190
    Track: Macau
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Alex Odell
    3. -Jeff Lasecki
    4. -Dave Morley
    5. -Björn Golda
    6. -Nelson Ullinskey
    7. -Daniel Linder
    8. -Ken Rodriguez
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

3. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Sign me up:thumbsup:

4. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Maybe. Need to find out if I can actually drive these things first :)

5. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Those are fuuuuuuun :)

EDIT: Current setup in case anyone's interested. (It may sound/look like putting sixth gear a bit larger might be a great idea, but it doesn't make that much of a difference in my experience :))

Also, I apparently got rusty, posted the skinpack link too early - feel free to submit Rad skins (no pun intended), of course :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201443):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  6. Ran a few test laps...

[​IMG]

Friday as well please :thumbsup:

7. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Ohh yes, I'm in for this!

8. Ken Rodriguez

Ken Rodriguez
    I don't drive fast! I fly low!

Love the Radicals. please sign me up.

Thank you.

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The Mini's ought to be easy to drive after having these make you eyes spin :D

10. Björn

Björn

The "left-hand drive, right-hand-drive, left-hand-drive" - rotation of this week won't help, though :D

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I had not noticed :laugh:

12. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Then just put a mirror beside your monitor, and use that :p

Oh, and invert the steering axis.

13. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Let's hope it wont turn out like this at T3 :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[​IMG]

14. Really cool video uploaded by Tom Coronel a few hours ago of this circuit:

• Like Like x 4
  15. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

LOL! I like how the video shows "overtaking impossible" in the big thumbnail :laugh:

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Yeah, we do it just like they do :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

17. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Thanks for your help guys, wasn't a successful race for me on my first attempt at 07, but I got a lot of questions answered and hopefully got the bugs worked out for next week. See ya then:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  18. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

My game crashed when I took the checkered flag.
    Apparently it didn't like going from 4th gear to 1st, which I always do just for giggles :p

These cars are really fun to drive, but to be honest, I have no idea how to treat them.
    Closest I can think off is an F1 car.

I went with pretty much the standard set-up, with a few adjustments to the rear wing,
    gear box, tire pressure, and break pressure.

Overall the car was okay, but extremely unstable during braking.
    During the two races, I were terrified every single time I had to break.

Race 1:
    Got a somewhat decent start, and manage to take the lead thanks to drafting.
    But it didn't take long until @Nelson Ullinskey were breathing down my neck, and caused nervousness.
    I think on lap 2 or 3, my biggest fear came true, and during braking at T3, my car got little sideways
    and Nelson passed me. I tried to stick with him, but you know, Alien is an Alien.

Close to the end, I managed to pick up some speed, and closed the gap by 2 seconds.
    From 10 seconds to 8, but why bother. Since Nelson cheated and used Nos :cautious:

Race 2.
    Again, a decent start, but unstable car is unstable, so @Dennis Phelan were able to pass
    a few corners later. I mange to hang on to him for a few laps, until he made a mistake,
    and I could pass. I started to celebrate and got cocky. But you know what?
    After few laps, Nelson.... There he was again, using Nos.

But this time I wasn't going to be a good dog and just roll over.
    I defended hard, but still on a fair level. Of course, I lost speed thanks to this.
    I slapped myself in the face and said "stop looking in the mirror" and it worked for a while,
    until Nelson once again cheated, and used Nos, and were once breathing down my neck.
    I thought a few times that he was going to pass, since we were side by side a few times.
    But i managed to hold him off, and could take checkered flag.

Thank you for an epic fight Nelson, and thank you Dennis for this event.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Björn

Björn

Small crowd, but that still was some great racing :)

Managed to shave off some more time compared to TT'ing on the weekend throughout the practice sessions.. With qualifying coming closer, I once again opted for less fuel as passing here is.. complicated? ;) Managed to snatch pole off of Nelson who was on race fuel and not quite getting in a perfect lap :)

Started fairly well, but so did the rest.. Daniel must've spent some time in the wind channel as he gained so much drafting and thus went by easily - next up was Nelson, which put me into P3...
    [​IMG]
    ...up until the first hairpin passage, anyway - I clipped the inside barrier and spun around to let Dennis and Damo through. Regained control and set off to hunt down Damo in P4.
    [​IMG]
    Both he and Dennis didn't put up much of a fight.. Unfortunately, I then decided I could go for some shaky lines and Dennis was past me again!
    [​IMG]
    This time, he put up quite a defense and we got a nice battle going until, going into T1, he clipped a barrier and bumped into my Radical, sending the both of us for a short spin - nothing damaged, though
    [​IMG]
    Afterwards, I had a fairly relaxed ride home to take P3.

Starting fairly well into race #2, as well, I got by Damo but once more, Daniel was up to some slipstream action and got by before T3 while Dennis got himself into P1. Hunting the both of them down, Nelson, who was directly behind me, touched a wall and bumped off into me - we both got back into action pretty fast, though (and, once again, no damage)
    [​IMG]
    We got by Damo again and tried to catch up with Daniel and Dennis - with the latter spinning out, we got into 2nd and 3rd position, very close, nice racing... up until I imitated Dennis' maneuver and lost direct contact to Nelson, who then proceeded to hunt Daniel.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for racing, everyone, see you next time!

• Like Like x 2
  20. I will post a video report for race 2 some time tonight or tomorrow :)

• Beer Beer x 1