1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radicals and tire temperature

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Andreas Lündin, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Andreas Lündin

Andreas Lündin

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi!
    I started a Championship with radical 4 190hp just for fun...
    On the training of the first race I discovered that the tiretemps remains low all over... I have super soft tires and try to drive aggresively but the temp go up to about 72 centigrades at most... after 11 laps.... ...
    I have pumped up the dampers and springs (not to much though since its on the Knutstorp track and the last corners are quite bumpy :embarrassed: ). The pressure and camber seems alright since there is an even temp with about 4 degrees spread from outside to inside, with average to high temp in middle of tire. Whatever settings i try there is no big change at all... Quite slippery most of the time...
    Is this normal?

2. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    From what i remember about Rads is that they don't gather temps as other vehicles. Maybe it is the low weight/big tires? Cats would probably be the same except that there's the big understeer and lots of wheelspin to get the tires smoking.

3. João Andias

João Andias

Ratings:
    +0

With only 4º between in and outside (if you aren't at max camber yet), you have room to increase the camber.