1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radical SR4 @ Zolder, Wednesday 18th September 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Radical SR4 252
    Track: Zolder
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, WTCC '10

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 22 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Justin Swan
    2. Tom Naughton
    3. Janko Balej
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Yes Please
  3. ill get in on this if you dont mind :D
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sign me up please!

Hopefully I'll manage to stay on the black stuff tonight!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sign me up please.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Argh!

Games having to 'convert' and it's taking bloody ages...
  7. Kept getting 'incompatible game version'...

Unfortunately looks like I'll have to sit this one out.
  8. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

you need to install wtcc10 too
  9. Damn it. Too late.

I bought the entire Simbin catalogue on Steam a few weeks back and I've got tons of games I didn't even realise that I had!

Thanks for the advice Justin.

Hope you had a good race and a good time was had by all.
  10. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Yeah, the recent Steam update has caused some issues and all the Race07/DLC's need converting or better, completely removing and re-installing again. Shame, it's not the 1st time Steam have made it a pain.....
  11. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

It's a shame only 3 of us could turn up for the race tonight, these cars flow nice around here but hard enough to catch you out if you lose concentration..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Whoa man what an event that was, well for me at least whew.
    great feeling from the wheel now and that car is a joy to drive, would of been great with a bigger grid.

now the race.
    qualified second by a small margin and justin was way ahead with around 2 secs gap so the grid was set.

race starts and i managed to hang on to the back of justin for around half a lap feeling the pressure from janko the whole time too one mistake and i was taken.

managed a good few laps incident free and had an absolute blast trying to stay ahead of janko.
    race 1 went rather smooth until i span at the last chicane and sustained some suspension damage, however there was no chance of pitting as janko was hot on my tail.

justin was nowhere to be seen.

race 1 ended with me in second place happy with my first finish :thumbsup:

next up race 2.

this time was reverse grid so i was dead nervous having justin putting on the pressure and a pretty tail happy janko in front this combo was making it tough to know where to put myself on the track.

made it all the way to turns 7 and 8 chicane when justin was out of the sight of my mirrors i thought he was going to pass so i gave room, however inturn gave up my line so i ended up spinning out and being put to the back.

the chase was on.

caught up and regained second place and just wanted to finish a full race without messing up too much, all was going great until around 7 mins remaining when i reached the start finish straight and thought id look for my drink that i could of sworn i had beside me (apparently not).
    Taking my eyes off of the track put me into the wall on the right, i was still facing the right way, i noticed janko throttling it towards me and knew he had 2 quick choices, avoidance or severe accident.

unfortunate that the latter was to be the outcome, he hits me spinning twice and looking a little worse for ware my fault and im sorry about that and feel really bad for that happening.

overall a great time as i managed to do what i had hoped to do which was finish.

hope you both enjoyed the races too
    • Like Like x 3