1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radical SR4 252 @ Oschersleben 06 - Thursday, July 1st, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Jun 29, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Class: Radical SR4 252
    Track: Oschersleben 06
    Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x16 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  2. The Motorsport Arena Oschersleben is 3.667 kilometres (2.28 mi) long race track with the width of 11 - 13 meters and elevation changes of 23 metres. The circuit is located in Oschersleben, Börde (approximately 30km from Magdeburg), Northern Germany. Its fairly flat contours create a smooth and fast circuit.[1]

Inaugurated on 25 July 1997 (still as "Motopark Oschersleben") it was Germany's third permanent race track, after Nürburgring and Hockenheimring. Since then EuroSpeedway Lausitz and the rebuilt Sachsenring were added as a fourth and fifth permanent race track.

Motorsport Arena Oschersleben is a traditional venue for F.I.A.'s European Touring Car Championship from 2001 to 2004 and the World Touring Car Championship from 2005.

For more info, please click here.
  3. Entry List:

1. Stefan Werner
    2. Larry Stovall
    3. Eric Nelson
    4. Sam Ventura
    5. Bill Kaiser
    6. John Reznik
    7. Brendan Crosby
    8. Claudio Caferri
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver
  4. Sign me up, assuming my net cooperates this time.
  5. I will try to make this one.
  6. OK man gimme a slot! POker can wait til later that night perhaps............
  7. What would be some good times to have
  8. no clue...never ran Rads here b4
  9. AI at 110 percent runs like, 1:22's in practice. if I remember right. I didn't look at what they did in quali. Our fast guys are usually a couple of seconds faster than that, though there are some tracks where it's about the same, and some where they're even faster.

In any case, I'm happy if I'm less than five seconds behind whoever gets pole. Which, I keep reminding myself, is good, as when I started a couple months back, I was happy if I was less than ten seconds behind.;)
  10. Put me on the grid, please!
  11. The best I can get so far is a low 1:23 with full fuel. And I never ran rads on this track neither so its going to be quite interesting. As for the AI, you have to think that the AI takes a line that most of us would spin out on and plus they get good acceleration out of the turn when they are at 110% which is ridiculous.
  12. Server is UP!
  13. Thanks Eric.
  14. I'll give it a try. Sign me up
  15. I was just relating my system for figuring a 'decent' lap time. It usually works.
  16. I'm in
  17. sign me up please
  18. I haven't raced Radicals in almost four weeks, and you could damn well notice that tonight.:) Never did hit my offline PB in practice or qual, but finally got fairly close after a whole lot of practice. I finished dead last in both races, and honestly, I think I could've done way better. I went off the track at several points, oddly at spots that almost never give me trouble. This messed up what could've turned into overtakes later.

Now that I've said that, though, I'm not entirely dissatisfied with myself. I managed to do several things tonight that I've had difficulties with in previous races. Namely, and probably the most important, was that I had a nice fight with William in Race 2, with him taking up most of my mirrors, and I didn't get nervous and crash. I made enough mistakes that he passed me, sure, but it wasn't the cataclysm that most of my scuffles, to date, have ended in.:)

I did have an off only moments after he passed me, but that was the start of a sequence of screw ups that I think may have been due to some overeager driving and overheated tires. Once I calmed down, things got easier, and some of the easy turns that'd betrayed me during that period (which put me well behind William and Kaiser) ceased doing so.

The other thing was, with the possible exception of being bumped pretty gently during a blue flag is...I didn't hit anybody. No plowing into the back of someone in an early turn, no following too close and knocking off my splitter...I got through both races pretty clean, and my offs were more responsible for my low positions than my pace, I think. In other words, I think I'm really starting to get the hang of driving in traffic.

I also seem to be handling blue flags much much better. This is, honestly, something I wish I didn't have QUITE so much practice at, but hey...it probably relates to other things as well.:)

Had a lot of fun tonight, guys. Now that the other reporter's vacation is over, hopefully I'll be able to participate more.
  19. Larry nice report! If it makes ya feel better I went off twice in race 1 along with Brendan. Claudio wen toff 3 times!

Keep taking the seat and getting your laps in! these are not easy cars to go quick in and this was NO EASY TRACK!