1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Radical SR4 252 @ Most Autodrome- Thursday-June 17th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Jun 12, 2010.

1. [IMG]http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg[/IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USRADICAL

Class: Radical SR4 252

Weather: [COLOR=blue]Dry[/COLOR]

Start Time: [COLOR=blue]21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)[/COLOR]

Practice: [COLOR=blue]open server[/COLOR]
    [B][B]Qualification: [COLOR=blue]15mins (9:45 EDST) [/COLOR][/B][/B]
    [B][B]Warmup: [COLOR=blue]10mins[/COLOR][/B][/B]
    [B][B]Race:[COLOR=blue] 2x16 laps[/COLOR][/B][/B]

Notes: [COLOR=#2f4456][B]Click here[/B][/COLOR] to read the password and golden rules!

Friday night group [click] to join

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. Most Autodrome is awesome for Radicals! A huge fast main straight and a nice quick technical section as well make it really fun to drive!

3. Entry List:

1. Sam Ventura
    2. Eric Nelson
    3. driver
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver

4. Put me down as maybe. A friend is off on thursday and we try to do something but if nothing happens I can make it if I am not to tired.

5. Server is up! I uploaded 2 setups for anyone to use. It's a modified version of my Elkhart Lake 08 setup and ran a best of 1:22.3 with it. This track is beautiful in a RADICAL!

6. sign me up please,, 9.45 edst = what time in uk please

7. GMT 0145 Neil. Not sure how you stand against GMT where you are but timezone convertors abound on the web.

BTW nice to see you over here at RD! you invited me to join up with you at R2P awhile back when I joined there. I think you might find this place considerably better than R2P in many respects.

Try to get TEamspeak running if you don't already.............we are a friendly bunch here and chatter on TEamspeak is enjoyable and useful.

Cheers!

8. ok i'll have ago i quite like the radicals. That in no way means i'll be fast tho :)

9. we,ll i was looking forward to racing with you guys, gutted been called into work early start,

i,ll definatley be intreasted in some racing in the future erik please keep me informed of any more events,

thansk again and hope you have a good race,:cool:

10. I'm a maybe.

11. I'll be there

12. sorry guys i have to pull out of this one, i got internet connection problems. Everyone is disappearing from the track and on race monitor everyone is stuck?

13. I'll give it a go..

14. I'd like to join in last minute.

Thanks

15. Had fun tonight despite going off track twice in race 1 and once in race 2.

Had a nice scare from William in Quali when he goes "yeeeehaw" in the teampseak and I look to MOTEC and see he is taken POle from me! I look at my timing and see I am on a new quicker lap and reset pole....

Race 2 William aand Mike Campbell had a great battle for the entire 16 laps and finish .5 apart! Great battle gents!

Stefan now had the helm for Thursday radicals so he will surprise you with next weeks selection!

16. Glad I joined in at the last minute. I hadn't run this track in over a year & that was in rFactor. I ran a couple of laps last night to get the feel back & spectated tonight to see what the lap times were. I was 3 seconds off at that moment. What the hell, I joined with 5 minutes to Q. I ran a good 1st race in 2nd place until the last lap where I ran out of gas (I rarely race EVO :( ) - silly mistake. Race 2 was much moire interesting as I tried to run down William for the entire race but he wouldn't let me by :). I had lots of fun at this track & car. I hope to make some more races once in a while.
    Thanks for serving this up. And congrats to Eric for the wins.

17. Once again great race guys. Lots of fun and close racing, for some reason I really took to this track.

Qualifying: I had a great run in qualifying, I had been pretty fast during the practice sessions so I felt pretty good. But right off the bet Eric N. posted a low 1.23 on the board, wow. I had never been that fast and even thought I wasn't running Erics setup I did peak at it and saw that he was running the lowest setting on the rear wing, so monkey see monkey do. I went crazy in the garage looking for more speed. I could only run 3 laps at a time before the engine would over heat but it was all good. I took pole for just a few mins. with a high 1.22, but it wasn't long before Eric took that away from me. I ended up with second on the grid, which is really good for me.

Race 1: I decided to leave me wing settings the same in hopes of beening able to run with Eric N. but this was my down fall. The car run pretty fast, but it was just to much work for me to hold on to it for any real amount of laps. I had my first off around lap 3-4 which put me at the back of the field then my second and final off on lap 5 that took me out of the race.

Race 2: Went back and changed my wing settings. I had a good start and took the lead from Eric E, but off course that did not last long. Eric N came through the pack on a charge to claim 1st. I went down one to many gears and blow the corner allowing him a easy run by me. I was able to keep it on track and hold off the pass of Mike Campbell for second. From there on Mike hounded me around the track the entire race. I would pull a 2 second gap only to watch it fall to .5, .3 and .1. It was like we were trading sectors. I would pull on him in one sector then he would reel me back in, in another. Great racing, very clean racing. I ended up holding him off and took 2nd place. It was a blast, Mike kept it intense for the me the whole race, with me knowing that all it would take is one mistake and he would be by in a flash.

18. Nice report William!