1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Radical SR4 252 @ Mantorp - Thursday-June 24th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Jun 18, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USRADICAL

Class: Radical SR4 252
    Track: Mantorp (STCC)
    Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)

Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x20 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. Mantorp Park is a motor racing circuit near the town of Mantorp in Mjölby Municipality, Sweden. The circuit was built in 1969 with finance from BP Sweden as a permanent road course and a drag strip. Mantorp Park is capable of 4 different layouts, but today only the short (1.950 km/1.212 mile) and long (3.125 km/1.942 mile) tracks are used.

The European Formula Two Championship visited from 1971 until 1973, and again in 1981 and 1982. Today it mainly hosts club events, dragracing, a driving school and rounds of the Swedish Formula Three Championship and the Swedish Touring Car Championship.

Mantorp Park was the first European drag racing circuit to adopt the new 301 metres (988 ft) drag strip format adopted by the NHRA in July 2008.

3. Entry List:

1. Stefan Werner
    2. Keith Barrick
    3. Mike Campbell
    4. Jesper Taulborg
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. driver
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. Larry Stovall (maybe)

4. Sign me up for this one, I didnt want to miss last week, but had company.

Hopefully we can get a decent field for this event.

Keith

5. I'm in.

Thanks

6. Do I need to buy the stcc add on game to get this track? If not then I am in for this.

7. Yup, this track is part of the STCC add-on pack.

8. Sign me up as a maybe.

Incidentally, the reason I always say 'as a maybe' is due to both my job and my ISP. I'm a journalist, and the hours can be wildly unpredictable, and my ISP is a brand new wireless service that's having some teething issues.

I'm not bipolar. I promise.

9. Do you guys have no love for the rads, or is everyone out playing in the sun? :)

10. I guess i could stay long up again :)
    With other words, sign me up :D

11. I guess i could stay long up again :)
    With other words, sign me up :D

EDIT: oh.. sorry for double post.
    dont know what happend :)

12. Alright guys, the server is up! :cool:

13. Stefan, sign me up please. It's late here but if I manage to not fall asleep I'd like to join

EDIT: Nevremind, I'm too tired...sorry

14. Is it just me or is the lobby down. It keeps telling me No response from the lobby server...
    I was on 20 minutes ago & all was fine.

15. Same here.. :(

16. Same here...

17. Lobby is up now

18. C'mon guys... join up! It's a bit lonely with just Jesper and me. :)

19. Race Report: Qualifying was about two seconds slower than I can consistently achieve in practice as I was driving horribly. Still, by the end of practice and quali, I'd managed to at least keep in on the track for three laps straight which, for me, was a challenge tonight. Session advanced to warmup, and I got dumped to the game menu and was unable to rejoin.

Despite my last chat message being 'Man I suck tonight', I didn't leave in a huff. Informing my three competitors of this is the primary reason for this race report.;)

20. Scarce crowd tonight. That sucks Larry. It was lonely with only 3 cars on the grid. I didn't get much seat time on this sneaky course - there are several corners that can really get you. I had some racing with Jesper (until I made an error) & then Stefan passed me. I made more errors as the race wore on. Oh well. On to the next one. Thanks for the fun guys.