1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radical SR4 190 @ Sachsenring 1967, Thursday, 15 May 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, May 10, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RADS
    Car: Radical SR4 190
    Track: Sachsenring 1967 [download here]
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. Davis Kingshott
    4. Daniel Linder
    5. Björn Golda
    6. Dave Wild
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  2. I apologize for my absence for the last few weeks, but this looks like a relatively calm week so I should be able to make this. Sign me up and let's have some fun at the Sachsenring :thumbsup:

3. Sounds good to me :)

4. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

As I said in the STCC thread, pure win. And I am so up for this too!

5. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Should be available for this one, I'm in! :)

6. Dave Wild

Dave Wild
    Premium Member

I'm in, let's see if I can stay with the others :cautious:

• Like Like x 1
  7. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

It's actually a nice combo this two. There a few places you need to take it easy, but otherwise, it's pedal to the medal :)

8. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Please sign me up.
    Anyone with a base setup for starters?

9. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

@Andreas Scholz

I'm still working on mine. Radicals are kinda friendly tho, so shouldn't be to hard to use the default ones. Just a few minor tweaks to breaks and gear ratio. Since I am noob when it comes setups, it takes some time for me to find me a stable one.

10. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

Yes, gues you're right with what you say. But Sachsenring doesn't offer default sets:roflmao:
    I was looking for a better gearing:whistling:

11. Björn

Björn

Here's what I've come up with so far :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. So sorry, but I must pull out. No worries though, I am still good for Friday.

13. Björn

Björn

These cars - so. much. fun! :)

Managed to get in some laps early, got to a pretty good pace and after battling some latency issues in practice sessions, I managed to qualify 2nd behind @Daniel Linder.

The start into R1 went pretty smooth and the two of us held our positions. Lost a sec or two as I got off-track after that.. left-handed-eau-rouge-clone? ;)
    Daniel must've seen that as he chose to go off there in the next lap, as well ;) Now in P1, I could've slowed down a bit. However, I didn't, ignored the DNFs up till then and went into a post with 7-8mins to go. Fortunately, I didn't destroy the car completely and could carry on with less of a hood and more of crooked steering :/ Although I was now losing 8-12 secs a lap, I managed to bring it home :)

Starting from behind in R2, I went on to P3 pretty quick, IIRC, as Daniel had a small off and I managed to pass him towards the end of L1. With @Dennis Phelan and @Andreas Scholz parking for a quick stop in town, I managed to get into P1 again, but this time, Daniel was right behind me and determined to get a few meters ahead ;) Had a nice battle with some position changes until he managed to break away and gain more and more time on me.
    Concentrated on not hitting a pole this time and finished 2nd.

Good race everyone, thanks for organizing, Dennis :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Thx guys for an awesome race. Not much practice with this cars (however, I know the track pretty well) and after Q session, I were a little surprised I took Pole.

1st race looked good, until the car decided to make my life a living hell.
    On the 2nd lap, I felt very confident, and started to push a little harder.
    Should not had done that, because at the 1st slowest part, I got a little side-ways and overfly the hay barrier and got stuck there. Took 10-15 seconds to get out and I were rdy to pull out. But these cars are extremely fun to drive and I just didn't had enough yet.
    After a while ppl started to drop out and I had 2nd position. Björn had a huge lead, up 45-50 seconds I think. But...

Sometimes I cached Björn like he had stopped on the track, and were not far at all in the end. So I thought "okay, lets push" and manage to close the gap down to 8-10 seconds.
    But, I had to much faith in the car and made a mistakes and lost the time I had built up.
    Finished 2nd and 8 seconds after Björn.

2nd race were pretty straight forward. Me and Björn switched positions a few times after the gigantic crash and the beginning. But after few laps, I called my Pit Babes and told them to lend a hand. And so they did, and when they saw Björn, they flashed their
    ( * ) ( * )

And soon I had a comfortable lead and never worried that much. Were close a few times to spin around, but manage to save it and took the checkered flag!

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

What a combo! Flat out 99.9% of the course and pure terror the last 0.1% :)

I had a good car, developed with Dave K on Tuesday. It had plenty of top end speed and a scaredee cat behind the wheel :giggle:

I blew my warmup lap for Q and then had an error on my first timed lap. Second timed lap was almost representative of the car. Bjorn and Daniel were certainly the charmers of Q :thumbsup:

Race 1 was the first I got to see of the speed as I closed on Andreas. On lap 2 he had given me plenty of room when we were close and when we caught up Daniel I tried to give him the same but gave until it hurt and I ended up in a fence, game over. :( We almost had a nice fight there.

Race 2 from the pole and Andreas there from a good start to run down again! I got that done but blew the corner coming out of town. I sat waiting for everyone to go past rather than block the whole road[ I only blocked 3/4 :D]. I sat there waiting for the last car to go by but it wouldn't, upon leaving I could see it was Andreas and guessed he was waiting for me, I didn't know we had contact. Sorry to have held you up for so long Andreas :inlove:.
    30 seconds down and holding that for a few laps, Andreas passes David K and then the gap diminishes :cautious: but on fire, I start pouring it on and making attempts to antagonize David on TS, each lap faster and faster, past a PB and faster still as the gap goes from '.........' down to " :geek:. Oh boy! still just behind at the third turn[ really only four ya know] I can and do close on the way down the last hill as David becomes indecisive about how to take the last turn I get inside and squeeeeze past. Sorry David :cry:, but YIPPEE!

• Like Like x 3
  16. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

@Björn Golda

Ahh, so thats why you lost so much time. I thought first that you were slowing down so we could race together, but it didn't made any sense, because soon you were speeding up again, and then slowed down again. I was thinking "what is he doing" :laugh:

17. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

With three seconds away from the front row in Q, I prepared for running smoothly and wait for the leaders to plan their picknick. But instead I couldn't resist the fun and tried to squeeze the last bits out of my car!
    Well, that had me see the trees in race 1 and I wrecked it in town in race 2. The long parts of flat out cost me my concentration in both races, when I had noone in front to fight with.

Very nice, clean and intense racing everybody!

Very nice combo, Dennis! And maybe come back here and go with the 230 hp car?

• Agree Agree x 1