1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Radical SR4 190 @ Poznan, Thursday, 26 February 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RADS
    Car: Radical SR4 190
    Track: Poznan
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, Retro Pack

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Ivan Fojan
    3. -Nelson Ullinskey
    4. -Reggie Blain Snr
    5. -Reggie Blain
    6. -Alex Odell
    7. -Björn Golda
    8. -Andy Jackson
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks
    Ivan Fojan Premium Member

Can you sign me up please :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. This and Mini Friday Please. No Tuesday for me this week.

4. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

add my dad and i Dennis and Friday plz

5. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

In for this'un. Want to try the radical out in a race!

6. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

More Poznan action, in!

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201509):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Here's a setup, still a WIP but nice and goes over the curbs well.
    I use 640 degrees in my steering wheel so change the steering lock to suit your driving.

Attached Files:

8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

sign me up please Dennis:thumbsup: Someone needs to help fill the grid a bit and give the aliens someone to lap. :notworthy::notworthy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mondyrocks

Mondyrocks
    Ivan Fojan Premium Member

Thanks very much all, it was great fun!
    See you all soon I hope :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Race 1
    Decided to let everyone go because I like starting from the back. :whistling::whistling: ;) Had a wonderful race though, really enjoyed it.

Race 2
    Because of my pressure, Bjorn crashed out under stress. :whistling::whistling::whistling::x3:
    I inherited 2nd position and try as I might I could not close up on Alex. And when I did I spun off. :notworthy::notworthy::geek:

But I'll take the 2nd podium spot any day. 2 on the trot as I finished 2nd at Mugello in the Assetto Corsa club last night.

Thanks all, really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Really liking this track so far - did a few laps yesterday and had the basics taken care of already once I joined the server, though it still took me a while to get up to speed. Soon enough, Nelson joined in running times similar/slightly faster - once on Dennis' setup, Alex joined the fun and qualifying came along..
    Nelson seemed to have more speed, but giving it one more go and with quite some luck through some turns, I still managed to snatch pole position.

Although my start seemed alright, Nelson got off the line incredibly fast and inevitably got by - I tried to hang on, but too no avail - soon enough, he vanished into dust and with the rest of the pack running behind myself at about a similar gap, it was a fairly relaxed drive home - P2.

Had a slightly better start into race #2 and after some nice, close racing through the first two laps, I found myself chasing Alex and Andy in P1 and P2 respectively, all while being chased by Nelson. During the first sector of what I think was lap 3 or 4, Nelson first disappeared after hitting a curb and mere metres later, Andy got a bit unstable and I got by to begin the hunt for Mr. Odell ;)
    Once I had closed in on him, however, I took too big of a bite from the outside curb of the uphill-carousely-thingy and ran into the wall, argh! With suspension damage soon resulting in another spin, I then concentrated on keeping the car on the road (which didn't always work) to bring home a 4th place.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for racing everyone, lovely track/car combo, see you tomorrow! :)

(Also, my internet went out just minutes after the race disconnecting me from TS - just a single incident, though... hopefully :D)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Well, this post was supposed to be the latest svm file for the car but it looks like I never sent it. In the end, my car was good, I was too cautious and everyone else used the car well.

Pratice times it seems were deceiving with fastest for me not being representative. My race pace was nowhere near quickest.

R1: Yup, the old dog excuse again. You may doubt I have a senior dog but she's here and does need extra care which I'm happy to give.

R2: Maybe I needed traction control, I just couldn't keep up. :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

I certainly would have liked TC and low stability. It would have been much better for me. But I'll keep fighting these unstable cars. ;):whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  14. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Was initially slow. Put Dennis' setup on and went 2 seconds quicker. Thanks Dennis!!

Got a good start in race 1, but like the STCC race on tuesday, got boxed in and couldn't go anywhere with it. Settled into 4th place behind Dennis. overtook him and started to pull away but then my cat Wispa decided he'd like a cuddle and began crawling all over me, and Dennis took the place back. Wispa was soon bored of me and so wandered off, and I caught and re-passed Dennis again out of the penultimate corner. At the final corner he went wide and spun, leaving me on my own in 3rd for the rest of the race.

Race 2 saw another good start and I got myself into 1st place. nelson soon caught up and we went side-by-side through the last and first corners and he moved ahead, I had a lunge into the inside of turn 2 and it stuck, Nelson went wide and lost a couple of places, then caught a curb a couple of laps later and fell out of contention hitting a wall. Now I had Bjorn on me, but he caught a curb and hit a wall, which left Andy to have a go. But he... caught a curb and hit a wall.

So yeah, My first RD race win of the year. All thanks to people catching curbs and hitting walls. And also probably there only being 6 of us in the first place.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It's not these cars that are nasty or unstable. The curbs at this track worked well with the TCC cars but created havoc with these little tubs, so it seems cats and dogs did too. We used the least powerful version of the SR4, you will love how they stick on a more open track, even with more power.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

I like them. These on Road America would be fun. ;) Or a nice tight and twisty open track.

17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Yes, they have been!

18. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

ok.:notworthy: