1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radical SR4 190 @ Göteborg Eco Arena, Thursday, 31 July 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Radical SR4 190
    Track: Göteborg Eco Arena
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, STCC

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Björn Golda
    3. David Kingshott
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Fun cars, everyone! Join now! :)

That being said, I'm in!
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I did make a mistake in posting this event. Scheduled are two twenty minute races and that's the way I've put up the servers. We'll go back to our regular thirty minute race next week.
  4. Björn

Heh, I actually thought that was on purpose, given the odds of not finishing one race ;)

out-of-context edit :D :

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Please sign me up as a maybe.
  6. Can i join this?
    *never mind i don't have this track i see its part of another add-on
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Björn

Aww, too bad. On the other hand, I'm not quite sure whether this is going to take place anyway ;) Make sure to check the club events every now and then, might be a track you own! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Björn

Well, good thing we had a second race, eh? :D

Did some training laps earlier this week and went into P1 with the car feeling "alright" - and in fact, I was pretty fast. Unfortunately, Bob was faster. Not that much, but faster ;)
    That led me to really push throughout P1, P2 and Quals (qualified 3rd, but Henrico quitted pre-start) and it wasn't until warmup that it dawned upon me... maybe.. just maaaaybe, I should have practiced some racing pace? Some "ah, it doesn't matter if we total the car..."-pace? Well, too late for that now :D

Started poorly into race #1 (yep, forgot to practice that as well :D) and soon found myself in fourth and last position - however, I passed Dennis some time later and collected P2 when David's suspension decided to ignite his car. Somehow.
    While I was maintaining the gap to Bob in P1 as long as I was keeping the car where it should be, my numerous offs weren't exactly helping - and neither was the suspension damage I suffered during one of them in L6 and worsened in L24.
    Of course, I waited until the final corner to screw up the downshifting, get into neutral, get back up into 1, spin. I did notice Dennis catching up, however I didn't knew he was that close up behind already - had to let him pass, finished in P3 and hoped I had gained some "race pace" ;)

Race #2 was approaching. The suspense. The masses on the grandstands. The start lights turning red. The start lights dematerialising.

Yep, the start lights just clocked off early and disappeared. At some point, the three of us on TS just decided to get going and hoped that Bob would come along - he did, and a pretty great race followed. Chasing David but also under pressure from Dennis and Bob behind me, I got the car spinning into T1, however - both passed and I was in last place, again.
    Thankfully, this track is awful in terms of passing opportunities (otherwise, I kind of like it. Really. ;)), so I could catch up with them, again. Managed to pass Bob somewhere around halftime and Dennis a bit later.
    With a few minutes to go, the start/finish straight got dangerous for a moment - first, David spun after an (assumed) early acceleration out of the last turn, then Bob bumped into Dennis going into T1. Slowed down a bit until they were close enough again and on we went.
    However, not much changed afterwards, apart from a nice very-last-second-pass on Bob's side putting him into P2.

Great stuff everyone, see you next time! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Awwwsome racing today at the go kart track!

R1: I banged myself up in the first five laps as a couple of my dogs were fighting me for the pedals. Very distracting but the damage wasn't there. All alone to continue learning the track and near the end Bjorn made some boo boo's and on the last lap though I was too far back to catch him if he made a mistake. Point taken.

R2: In this, I had no chance to even look at the labels to see who was ahead of me, eventually found out it was David! All of us in a tight bunch and nothing to think about but the walls. This was brutal. The three of us caught David at the hairpin and David came out of it the worse. Bjorn took over and Bob was keeping a close eye on me to see that I didn't cut the chicanes. I tried to keep honest but I'm sure my neuro-snynaptic responses failed me more than once. He made a a bid on the inside of T1 I believe and it took both of us out, at least that's what I thought happened. Bjorn took a good gap on that and Bob quickly caught up again but couldn't do anything until the last turn of the last lap. All the way down the straight I led but he took the place. Where's my towel, I need to dry off!
    • Like Like x 1