1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Radical SR4 190 @ Estoril: Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RADS
    Car: Radical SR4 190
    Track: Estoril
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    3. Nelson Ullinskey
    4. Björn Golda
    5. Ricardo Umans
    6. Gasper Grebenc
    7. Dario Baic
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

You may sign me up, hope I won't be the only one though :)

3. I should be good for this race, I don't think I have anything to do Wednesday... :cautious: I will be there.

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in :)

5. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

I'll be there ;)

6. i will join you today :D

7. im in

8. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Good fun with a nice grid of 7 drivers today :)

I hopped on the server quite early to get some practice and it did pay off as I was actually close to Kacper's time in P2 - however, he may or may not have driven a soap box at that time ;)
    Messed up not only one but two qualifying laps when I missed my breaking point to the last turn - only to screw up the final lap in turn 1 - still managed to qualify 4th, though.
    After some rather turbulent starts, I took the first few corners easy - maybe a bit too easy as I got a small bump in T2, but without any harm or consequences :) Went on in P4 hunting Nelson and Dario until the latter spun out in T4 of lap 7 and Nelson went off a few miles down the road, as well but hung on to my radical's rear (getting very likely annoyed as I was driving through the chicane really carefully throughout the event as I couldn't quite get myself to handle it ;)) and managed to get past towards the end of the race - finished in P3 accordingly after this very nice battle.

Starting from P5 in race #2, I steered free of some minor action in the first few turns and found myself in 3rd or 4th place soon - had a short battle but nice battle with Ricardo until he went out in T4. I had lost some time during these laps, though and was now slooowly gaining time on Nelson and finally managed to catch him after he went off a bit. Managed to keep him behind me and brought home another 3rd place :)

Great fun altogether, it might have been the car but I felt like I've finally removed the rust from my 5-week-internet-hiatus ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Fun cars, I couldn't quite get full control of it though it handled well. On my own I managed to keep it together most all of the time. My biggest problem was running into other drivers :mad: and having to wait for them :cool:. Race one while crossing the line for the start of the last lap I found out I would run out of gas before finishing. Sooo I had to run 6th as much as I could, even pushing in the clutch for long periods on the straight. I did good and saved more fuel than I needed to.

• Like Like x 2