• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Radical SR4 190 @ Estoril: Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,730
    [​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RADS
    Car: Radical SR4 190
    Track: Estoril
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    3. Nelson Ullinskey
    4. Björn Golda
    5. Ricardo Umans
    6. Gasper Grebenc
    7. Dario Baic
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Premium

Ratings:
    +79
    You may sign me up, hope I won't be the only one though :)

3. Nelson Ullinskey

Nelson Ullinskey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +841
    I should be good for this race, I don't think I have anything to do Wednesday... :cautious: I will be there.

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Ratings:
    +592
    I'm in :)

5. Ricoow

Ricoow
    RedShift Racing RDLMS #6 Premium

Ratings:
    +1,110
    I'll be there ;)

6. Gasper Grebenc

Gasper Grebenc
    Troyan Donut Automotive Premium

Ratings:
    +92
    i will join you today :D

7. Dario Baic

Dario Baic

Ratings:
    +17
    im in

8. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Ratings:
    +592
    Good fun with a nice grid of 7 drivers today :)

I hopped on the server quite early to get some practice and it did pay off as I was actually close to Kacper's time in P2 - however, he may or may not have driven a soap box at that time ;)
    Messed up not only one but two qualifying laps when I missed my breaking point to the last turn - only to screw up the final lap in turn 1 - still managed to qualify 4th, though.
    After some rather turbulent starts, I took the first few corners easy - maybe a bit too easy as I got a small bump in T2, but without any harm or consequences :) Went on in P4 hunting Nelson and Dario until the latter spun out in T4 of lap 7 and Nelson went off a few miles down the road, as well but hung on to my radical's rear (getting very likely annoyed as I was driving through the chicane really carefully throughout the event as I couldn't quite get myself to handle it ;)) and managed to get past towards the end of the race - finished in P3 accordingly after this very nice battle.

Starting from P5 in race #2, I steered free of some minor action in the first few turns and found myself in 3rd or 4th place soon - had a short battle but nice battle with Ricardo until he went out in T4. I had lost some time during these laps, though and was now slooowly gaining time on Nelson and finally managed to catch him after he went off a bit. Managed to keep him behind me and brought home another 3rd place :)

Great fun altogether, it might have been the car but I felt like I've finally removed the rust from my 5-week-internet-hiatus ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Fun cars, I couldn't quite get full control of it though it handled well. On my own I managed to keep it together most all of the time. My biggest problem was running into other drivers :mad: and having to wait for them :cool:. Race one while crossing the line for the start of the last lap I found out I would run out of gas before finishing. Sooo I had to run 6th as much as I could, even pushing in the clutch for long periods on the straight. I did good and saved more fuel than I needed to.

• Like Like x 2