1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Radical Night - Wednesday 9th July 2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bram, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The Racing Club wants to try something new as part of our regular race nights

We will be trialling a new format to add to the fun but also to make our Staff Admin workload a little easier. Here is the format.

Radical Night

We will setup the server with three tracks (default tracks but three different types for variety). Cars will be Radical SR4 190. Start time will be 19.00 GMT (practice) and races will be short sprint races of 6 laps each.
    Servers will be open to whoever wants to join and you can stay for as many races as you wish.
    To help get an idea of numbers, we would appreciate you adding a reply here by simply saying "I'm in" or similar.
    So, come along and enjoy some sprint racing fun.

Details

Date: Wednesday 9th July 2008
    Event: Radical Night
    Time: From 19.00 GMT
    Practice time: 20 mins
    Qualy Time: 10 mins
    Race: 2 by 6 laps each (each event will follow closely after each other)
    Server: RaceDept.com #CLUB
    Weather: Variable
    Start: Standing

Password: Usual Racing Club Password Here

Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
    Failures: Normal

Tracks:
    1. Monza Jr
    2. Valencia Reversed
    3. Zandvoort Club

2. Might be there for a couple of them, will let you know :thumb:

3. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

I will try to join the Radical Club :)

4. Never driven these but just had a quick blast and they are a hoot so i will drop in.

5. i am in too

6. Ill be there for a few races :)

7. i might the there for one race

8. Definitely in. :)

9. I might make it

10. I'm in me old chum:amen:

11. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I love the Radicals so I'll join :)

12. great night which i nearly overlooked. first time in radicals. i had been avoiding them, but they handle like a dream! joined for valencia reverse and started to get the hang of it. podium finish in race 2. apologies again to ben for first corner, was watching ahead and left (2 cars) never saw you coming late down the right hence my turn in. 4 into 1 was gonna have someone end up getting punted off to the green stuff.

zandvoort club, few racers left at this point, but quali saw 3 distinct groups, 3 in 1:02.xxx 4 in 1:04.xxx and fergie. good racing again saw many an engine overheat and one blow up. at one point i had 3 cars smoking ahead of me. with the real smoke and dust patch installed i couldn't see a thing and had to surrender the tow on the main straight at one point just to see where i was. any how, enjoyed it and chat with kevin on teamspeak was great.

13. sorry keith i smoked you, was the only change i had to hold you behind me ;D

14. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yes it was great fun with the little radicals. Thanks for some nice races again!

15. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Sorry, had to skip the race night. Was working on another website which took far longer then expected.

16. Another fun night, first time with the radicals and found they handle and brake like a dream but braking and turning are a recipe for disaster well at least for me.

Monza Junior was great fun especially with Bram appearing from the smoke (ninja style) and me ramming his car and then Michael hitting the back of me and me then losing my rear wing and that was out of the race for me :D

Only problem I think with these sprint nights is the 20 min practice as it means that one track takes around an hour to complete which means the numbers start to dwindle usually after the second race.

Other then that I think these are a great addition and certainly look forward to the next one :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.