• "Frankly, I know what's wrong but don't know how to fix it." - Bernie Ecclestone.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The 2017 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix. Join the conversation here.
  3. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Radeon 6990

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Craig Stevenson, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Dominant1

Dominant1

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks mean, its also long in stature, so you better have a case that can accommodate its size. Its code name is "Achilles". Amd's Achilles heal has always been their driver support. I'd like to see some real world benchmarking to see just how much faster it is to the other top ranked offers....Good find!!!

2. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson

Ratings:
    +140
    It's also Hot, Power Hungry, very, very noisy and not cheap..............it is the fastest single card at the MOMENT though.

3. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    Have a look at tomshardware.com and I am pretty sure that if it is available they have done a review of it and listed it's capabilities.

4. John Bowman

John Bowman

Ratings:
    +2
    The best money can buy, sweet Ati, done it again :)

5. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson

Ratings:
    +140
  6. Dominant1

Dominant1

Ratings:
    +0
    Nvidia always has an answer!!!!

7. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    Just been reading some reviews on tomshardware and it is rather interesting what I saw. It seems that nVidia is able defeat ATI easily when only using a single card or core, but when you start using SLI and Xfire, AMD surpasses nVidia by a large margin. This margin gets even larger if you go with 3 cards instead of 2, but you would need to be running some serious screen real estate to need that kind of power :)

8. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson

Ratings:
    +140
    Links Jim?

9. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
  10. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson