Resource icon

DiRT Rally Racked! Custom FFB 2016-01-25

Login or Register an account to download this content
TemplarGFX submitted a new resource:

Racked! Custom FFB - Steering Rack Simulation via Forcefeedback

Racked! is my attempt to redo the forcefeedback in Dirt Rally so only realistic* forces are felt on the wheel, with all the "for effect" stuff removed. I took the approach of trying to use the different FFB effects available to simulate a steering rack only. The result is pretty awesome!

FFB in Dirt Rally can be split into two categories, Force and Effect.

Those in force are driven by physics and constantly updated in near-realtime. Effects are triggered by thresholds and play "samples"...

Read more about this resource...

Personally, it didn't work for me. I installed and followed the settings recommendation but I felt no FFB whatsoever. Then I tried with Templar’s previous Steam settings and it was better but nowhere near as good as v7, which is what I’ve gone back to. It’s horses for courses really and what works for one won’t necessarily work for everyone so, although this isn’t for me, it’s great that it’s out there and working for others cos the more variation that’s available for DR, the better it will be.

So, does this not just have the same effect as zeroing the 'effect' sliders' and leaving the Force sliders active?
Not at all actually. I have reconfigured the effects in file so that their output is more in-line with the type of forces that effect would generate on the rack.

So, you're saying that you've replaced the canned effects on the sliders that used them, with the realtime forces and altered to them more closely suit the description of that slider?

Templar I play lots of racing sims, as soon as installed I didn't like the fell in Dirt - but your IMPACT v7 felt amazing right away!! However I can't seem to get things sorted with it or anything else since v.1.11 update. I'm on PC, G27 wheel. IMPACT 7 was awesome now I'm tinkering around - have you got any suggestions how to tweak the settings now to get the same effect? Please!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back