1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Racing seat and wheel recommendations...

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by r0b, Mar 13, 2013.

1. r0b

r0b

Hi guys,

I am looking at creating myself a racing setup again, I previously had a G27 and Wheel Stand Pro but sold it due to space restraints. I have recently moved house and now have the ability to have another setup!

I was looking at buying another G27 as I'm yet to see anything that compares for the price (unless you guys can tell me different?)

In terms of racing seat I was looking at the playseat Alcantara?
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone recommend anything else or point me in the direction of the best place to buy one? Ideally I would like a seat that is easy to adjust so that when I have other people round to use it they can adjust it to suit their height etc without any hassle.

thanks in advance for any help/advice you can offer.

r0beh

2. The problem i have my playset is adding equipment to it like when you add some heavy wheels to it like Fanatec Csw it gets very unstable almost wobbling and i´m planing Fanatec Css shifter when released so i might need update to a moore stable seat.Just my thoughts.
    Have a good one and keep looking around

3. Hi, I'm looking into the same as well at the moment:
    my preference for a seat is a gtomega cockpit (look at first advice from Jari)
    the wheel I haven't sorted that out at all yet:
    my wet dream for the moment would be the csw with the csp's v2
    but I'm a bit afraid of having reliability issues with fanatec products although I'm really curious of trying out a fanatec wheel...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

If you buy the CSW + CSP V2, i'll come over to try it out:) and that's probably visa versa:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. I didn't say I would buy it Boby,
    it's the setup I prefer at the moment
    maybe there is something better in a year when I finally go over to the purchase
    but you are certainly welcome mate! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I personall have an rSeat EVO V3, which is a great seat :). It has no centre post, instead it has a unique side arm. It might look a little unstable, but I promise you it isn't. It also has great flexibility in adjustments and is pre-drilled for Logitech, Fanatec and Thrustmaster, so it is good if you would like to consider an upgrade in the future. I definitely recommend this :)