Racing platform for Season 10

Good to know there is a option of possible different sounds so its not really a flaw.
I dont know if more or less people play f3000 vs rr or even mmg, of think the % of people who do play eitheir of these and then also wish to do a league and then at the times we use is just really small anyway so not sure if changing to anything would improve sign ups etc.
I did check and pitstops for rr are just as slow as usual also them and the f3000s only have slick and wet tyres dont know how this may affect any damp conditions without a intermediate tyre.
Did the pacifc league change back to f3000 recently how did it go for them anyone know ?

I think so ,
if someone have a passion is not so important this or that car ,pleasure of race start when I meet the mates on server and vote for mmg mod in season10:D

no news from pacifc league Gaetano ran there but is a bit of time that I dont see him run

Hi everyone ... I had the pleasure of doing some running with marko ... are aware of this interesting speech that it is facing in the forum! I would like to respond to nico ... regarding the pacific. late gia league felt when we ran the last season with the winner ramlow then aware that the pacific league was dying too also in season 7 assense ..... I with steve with marko with hendrick decided to set up a league with the the first 4 races altogether and went for the best with great fun and endless fights, pitstop! we skipped the last race because we were only 5 or 6 players! the same problem!!!for the rest it was fantastic .... my personal opinion it would be nice to compare themselves with the best drivers f1 on f3000 car and perfect! easy to ride ...It would also be easy to set the server ... or at least I think! incidentally pilots who have made sacrifices in order to improve and manage to apprehend reik ..finally very close ^ ^ ... I don't think it would agree to the change in f3000. ...... and understand them ... via the change could also bring benefits ...sry for english

I have a suggestion for the winter break. Nico, could you fire up a server after the last race with the following conditions?

- F3000
- one or a few "PrestoGP tracks"
- 30 - 45 minutes qualify
- 2x5 laps races
(- maybe standard RD password and a link to RD in the server name so other RD members could notice and join it too?)
(- maybe no enforced cockpit view if it's open to all RD members?)

It's a very selfish request, because I like to test the F3000's when I have some free time during christmas.:D On the other hand it could be a nice place to possibly meet some guys there and have some fun.

There could be two positive side effects:

People like me could get a better feeling for the F3000 to improve the opinion about it before having the vote about which car to use in Season 10.

If the laptimes still get recorded on PrestoGP.com, interested people (like me:p) could compare their laptimes with those from the past. I'd be curious where I'd fit in with such an "unknown" car. :whistling:

What do you think?

I can do that. Can someone inform me of what the password is and what I should name the server? I think it is wise to use ingame tracks for this that also are on our calendar. Istanbul springs to mind, as we always do that track in our spring season. Other tracks that should be included?

I just like to underline that I can leave the cockpit view optional, but I will not be part of a league where it is optional, nor debate it again with prospective new members. But I am no tyrant, I am always willing to step down and let other continue when my opinions are not in sync with the majority anymore.

I am relative confident that the site will record f3000 times again (and I think the old times are still listed).

Reading what people think of the f3000 vs F1 one question raises to my mind; how transferrable are our skills between the various models? I agree that the tightness we have acheived with the f1 car is something we do not wish to throw away, as many have pointed out, this season the gap between Reik and many others have shrinked a lot, and next season could be our best battle for championship ever. Question is, can we expect that this will be transferred to another model, such as f3000? My guess would be yes, but either way I see this as a central question in this debate.

I support Reik's suggestion of a F3000 server. I think Jonas' question about password is important too. If there is a password, it will weed out lots of potential drivers. However, if there's no password, it's for sure to attract a lot of wreckers too. Having admin(s) present at the server frequently enough is necessary. Can we perhaps give admin rights to all or many old PrestoGP members and trust they will make right decisions on kicking out wreckers and ban those who cause trouble all the time?

About tracks at Presto F3000 server: I think we should only use ingame tracks like Nico said. Is this the Presto Calendar Nico is talking about: http://prestogp.com/index.php?view=tracks
In that case I would prefer: Imola, Monza, Magny Cours, and Istanbul. If we can use all ingame tracks, I also like Brands Hatch and Macau.

About skills transfer from MMG F1 to F3000: I believe change from F1 to F3000 will reduce gap between fastest and slower drivers, it also reduces emphasis on reaction time, which will allow more drivers to participate safely with less practice. Also setupping F3000 car is more intuitive and logic, and I think it requires less laps tested to get setups right, which makes the whole process more fun and rewarding.

Id like to add i agree strongly with Nico on the cockpit view forced on also, its only way to go sim racing and wouldnt do a league without it :thumbsup: so i think it should be left on even with these tests and should keep most servers with password. Its easy to sign up and get password etc and i still find new people on servers was new guy on other night new to mmg from rf 1st time trying and was doing 13.0s on hock, i told him all the info and said he may sign up for next season so dont think passwords stop new members but does help attrack people looking for a league than just a fun race.

Also If we do end up with f3000s i assume we are still going to stick with the f1 calender for tracks ? i know this is what id prefer and look for in league and also a why i like doing the races along with rl f1 etc added enjoyment for myself.
I have no preferrence for the practise tracks really but maybe some of the next season tracks would be a better track to evaluate the f3000 for the league.

Forced cockpit and real F1 tracks (i think) are cornerstones in PrestoGP... F3000 could fill the grids and i find that one big motivator for step-down. And lags.. are.. much... less. severe.. when we are using cars originally modeled for the game engine. Should we make a pros/cons list?

I would reallu like to have a full grid testrace with our down under brothers to see if it has considerable lag benefits? I myself am tired of hearing sync/lag being the real hurdle between competitiveness.. Some drivers can't really fight full on with F1 due to technical limitations.

About tracks at Presto F3000 server: I think we should only use ingame tracks like Nico said. Is this the Presto Calendar Nico is talking about: http://prestogp.com/index.php?view=tracks
That site is unfortunatly not complete. I think most of the tracks we have raced are represented here, and the second page are all tracks that was not raced in season 9 and thus eligeble for season 10.

Also If we do end up with f3000s i assume we are still going to stick with the f1 calender for tracks ? i know this is what id prefer and look for in league and also a why i like doing the races along with rl f1 etc added enjoyment for myself.
The tracks for next season I think should be as we usually do, we match up those tracks that fits the real f1 calendar, we use the corner stone tracks that fall outside the calendar (eg Silverstone) and we have an open vote for the reminding maybe 2 tracks.

I just like to underline that I can leave the cockpit view optional, but I will not be part of a league where it is optional, nor debate it again with prospective new members. But I am no tyrant, I am always willing to step down and let other continue when my opinions are not in sync with the majority anymore.
This didn't sound too friendly. I didn't intend that. I think Reik's suggestion is great, I think not forcing cockpit view on that particular server can be discussed, but it should not lead to a small fraction becoming angry when they find out I will not budge on the league rule :)

I agree with a few of the arguments for switching to F3000 but overall I think we would be better to remain with the current cars for 1 more (or maybe 2...) seasons until we can make a proper move to a better platform. We've only ever switched cars once and it really took some doing.

I've spent a little (very little) bit of time on the F3000 server lately. It leads me to believe that we cannot run an F3000 server without a password. There are many many deliberate wreckers and then there are the rest who aren't doing it deliberately...

I really don't think there are many people who are serious about sim racing left on F3000. I don't think next season should be the season we try and recruit heavily. When we go to a new platform recruiting will be easy, we will be turning people away.

This season had some great racing. I would be very happy to do the same thing again. Though I do have a couple of suggestions for discussion...

1. I would like to suggest we allow every driver to drop their worst result. Had we had that rule this season not a single position would change. In fact going back the last 5 seasons it would have changed very little if you simply look at the numbers. What would have been different is that more people would have been fighting for higher positions in the final race. I don't think anyone would drive differently. This season Reik was the only one who got points in every race (he could afford to lose his worst and best result in the end). I realise this suggestion is not authentic F1 but I think it suits our point system.

2a. Daniel does an amazing and generous job with the weather. Thank you Daniel!!! I think we could tweak the system a little without adding any extra work for Daniel. I would like to see practice + Qual as one session (for the sake of weather) and warmup + race as the second session. This would mean half as many calculations for Daniel and a more consistent racing experience for everyone. The way the weather finishes at the end of practice would then be the way the weather starts in Q and the same for warmup then race, As the rain hits 10 min before the end of practice we all scramble to work out which setup suits the conditions.

2b. We simply double (or triple) the likelihood of rain. We don't need to know the details of Daniels system, no one has any more or less idea than we did this season but it rains more. Whilst it is entirely possible that the current system has randomly delivered much less rain for 2 seasons than it could have, I think we could afford to risk it the other way. The 1 wet race we had this season (which was only wet for 5 laps) was one of the closest and most exciting of the season.

This is in no way shape or form a criticism of Daniel. The single most important thing that makes our weather so good is that we have an independent weather man. Thanks again Daniel.

Tim.

Nico, don't worry about your tone or the way you express your opinion. I (nearly) never take things too hard. ;)

Believe me I'm absolutely for the enforced cockpit view in the league and I didn't intend to start a discussion about it.

My main intention about the F3000 server was the fun factor in having a little variation over christmas and possibly meet some other guys (from RD). That's why I suggested to make the server more friendly in terms of such restrictions. As an example some guys may like to see only their own steering wheel so they use the nose cam. Those who'd like to join us later, would learn early enough that we use only cockpit view in the league.

But I understand that a recorded best lap time on PrestoGP should always be driven with enforced cockpit view, so the priciple "same conditions for everyone" wouldn't get hurt. And to be honest I'm a big fan of this principle. ;)

About password I agree there should be one, because the world is full of wreckers and poor drivers. But if the server name links to race department and PrestoGP both groups should feel invited when noticing that in the lobby. The fact the server is pw-protected should especially invite the drivers we are looking for. And the common RD member knows about the pw, which can be found here. Btw the RD password has been changed short time ago...

I agree that the tightness we have acheived with the f1 car is something we do not wish to throw away, as many have pointed out, this season the gap between Reik and many others have shrinked a lot, and next season could be our best battle for championship ever.

ive thought long and hard about this decision and although i like f3000, i love MMG and i think this part of nicos post sums up my feelings on it.

mmg f1 for me until we change platforms :)

p.s +1 for forced cockpits and passwords all the way

Also worth remembering we had alot of sign ups for this season with the mmg anyway not everyone could commit to league and finish all etc for various reasons. I dont think we would see much more % in sign ups just because it was f3000s and how many would actually complete season % would again be lower, i dont think this should be our main reason for changing if we did. I think we will have a number of sign ups again for next season no matter what we used again and how many will be here at end of season will be fewer than at start i thinks it will just always be like this.

After last race and having a think today i trully see best way for us is to just stick with the mmg for another season if it aint broke dont fix it:) , we have had 1 of the best seasons with 4 winners of races and our worst races having 13 finshers still everyones consistancy improved with less mistakes. I see both Dino and Marko as potentiol winners this season to Dino extremely close to it this last race, the way i look at it it can only get better next season.

On Tims 1st point with the points i dont think this is needed as you say it doesnt change any results anyway but if it did by someone who had points everyrace and then lose position in table because has worst result taking away points is really unfair.
The points way the are the now are fair to everyone so shouldnt be changed in my opinion.

On Daniels weather, the way ive always understood it Daniel makes a few diff weather files in line with his forecast and then used a program to randomly pick the file so it was always a random pick from file or something.
Anyway i think it wil be fine for another season anyway and if rf2 someday we will be able to simply put Daniels % details of the forecast when making server so rf2 the game would randomly choose the weather through weekend on its own based on % chance. This would remove the Random file pick from Daniel but his weather prediction should still live on even in the further future:) I love his weather but Im still waiting for the day he returns to driving.

From reading all the stuff, I like to enforce a vote (or everyone giving his opinion) if any change is requested or not.

Especially those who consider to leave the league, if we stay with everything like we had in Season 9 should raise their voices quickly! This is the only way we can evaluate if changes are needed or not.

I'm also in favor of staying with everything as it is, because I liked the close competion from this season very much. But I don't like to have a closer fight on top if the price would be loosing some other drivers who lost their motivation.

So again everyone who feels bored or demotivated please speak! If we had a short opinion from each member we'd know the best what to do.

+1 for staying with MMG mod, we did F3000s a wile back and loved them but i beleive in moving forward towards newer cars if not then staying with mmg wich as served us well .

in the off season i am going to be more moving towards Rfactor2 or even a newer Rfactor1 f1 mod as i cant realy see myself moving back to f3000s myself .

also agree with the forced cockpit and password as i was 1 of the many victims in a very bad RD Club race which lead me to server password all the way as it saves alot of practise being for nothing if alot of new people are just there for a shunt fest ,im not saying everyone is but there are a few who dont see Presto as serious as we do.

Thanks for reading and the great season of races guys :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back