Racing platform for Season 10

Nice discussion this far about F1 vs. f3000 with many points for and against. I support the idea that voting is the right way to go, after a little more discussion and thinking. I also think that we are not ready to move to another platform yet.

It is true that, if we change from MMG F1 to in-game f3000, some of us need to learn to drive a new car. However, I would like to make everybody think it from the view of a newcomer, who would like to join a league. For him low threshold for participation might be the deciding factor. Therefore, if we use cars and tracks that are included to the game and are easy to learn, we will have highest probability of getting new drivers to join the league. Other factors decide, if they will stay (fair, close competition among others), but I think even in this aspect f3000 has advantage over MMG F1 (easier handling, better realism and closer competition). Like I already mentioned in the earlier message, if we get new members for next season, we will influence on their next simracing game choice, which probably means more participants in PrestoGP league(s) in the future (= closer competition).

I'm 100% agree with whatever platform that can bring us close competition and maybe new competitors. I don't know much about F3000 but I think our league won't be spoiled by this choice.
Having said that, I would have also liked to have more RL condition in our races : parc ferme (ie no setup change between qual and race), DRS/KERS (depends on the track for me), formation lap, start with full tank...
Maybe in season 11...

Formation laps are really cool i have done it with rf/2 it is a added presure its not a option with gtr parc ferme etc to is good ideas but i dont currently change anthing anyway with this mod from q to race so its like parc ferme for me.
Drs or kers would maybe work well i think because, we tend to lose a certain amount of df when we get close and sometimes not getting close enough to pass seems very simialer to real life f1 at times.
Although i personnaly wouldnt like drs as i dont think it should be even in f1, 1 real non drs pass to me is worth 20 drs passes :)

Was there not talk before of possibly changing drag levels or slipstream levels etc with this mod ? i seem to remember although this maybe just overcomplicate and wasnt possible anyway this but we could possibly trial the likes of this and even a club race or to trial the possible f3000s to in off season.

I could have done with a DRS button last night:p

Even if it could be incorporated into the mod it would need bespoke tracks to make it work, it would need a detection and activation point, that would have to be in the track coding surely?

I've been thinking a bit more about what to race next season, the more I think the more I'm convinced we should stay with MMG, even if we are only 15(ish) drivers it is for me better to have 15 of quality than 24 with 4 or 5 of questionable skill level

Jim

Although, that description Sean gave once on the 1960's F1 at Spa in rF2 does have appeal. :sneaky:
We can use rf1 for a while and have that kind of classics in a good sim. The 2007 F1 cars are faster than real F1 and often leaves us alone on track. A modern car with kers and drs isn't possible in a decent sim right now. And it wouldn't bring us closer. I'm for the old low down-force cars because I think slower means closer and more enjoyment for all.

Ye driving the 1960s f1 etc in rf2 is a experience itsself, even when alone on the trying to complete a fast lap. Im just amazed people raced these things in real life they must have been insane and 2 seconds away from death at all time :notworthy:

What does everyone think of the formula race room car ?

Ive had little shot past couple days with f3000s and formulaRR as havent used them in ages and i think the rr may be a good car to go to also, not sure if we considered it before.

Its newer f1 based and abit slower than mmg with less overall grip and ffb etc feels more alike to f3000 as its made by simbin also and found them easier to drive than mmg mod. Im not sure on pitstops etc dont know if they are quicker i never tried one but this may mix up racing etc and be more accurate than what we were used to with mmg although sitting still for 30 secs or so is a welcome break sometimes :)

Maybe worth considering with a fun race along with f3000s before we get a vote from everyone, i know if was between the 3 mmg07, f3000 and formulaRR at this moment right now id vote for formulaRR.

What does everyone think of the formula race room car ?

It is a fun car that I enjoyed driving a couple of times, but in my opinion as a simcar, it is even more over the line that the mmg car.
I don't think I personally want to go further away from more realistic car behaviour and specs at this point, also a reason why I've mentioned the F-Reiza so often in a positive way :)
I also like the mmg car more in regards of overall driving fidelity to be honest, so it would be a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

I just think a f1 style and speed would be more enjoyable and more what id like to practise, and with us sticking with race07 probably for another season was looking at options just with that game as i didnt really enjoy the f3000 although sometimes racing close was good fun most of the time they just feel slow now.
If reiza had alot of tracks and weather i think it would be a good option same goes for rf1 in that mix it would make sense as Reiza is rf1 based but rf1 has alot of tracks n mods but i got impression its going to be race07 eithier way for next season.

i agree with dino on raceroom, im not keen on it at all, sounds like a castrated cat on steroids, feels not too bad but i dont think its one i could see myself playing, id need ear plugs.

mmg or f3000 for me :)
You might take some nice engine sound file from present mod and replace with correct file name, and don't tell anyone that you did that(-:

You might take some nice engine sound file from present mod and replace with correct file name, and don't tell anyone that you did that(-:

Lol, I did that a while ago but since the RR car feels very different to the MMG car it felt strang to drive it with the MMG sound. :rolleyes:

btw from the first days of using MMG with the Spyker (Ferrari engine) I was so much used to that incar sound, so I also use the Ferrari sound with the McLaren. Is that cheating??? ;)

Good to know there is a option of possible different sounds so its not really a flaw.
I dont know if more or less people play f3000 vs rr or even mmg, of think the % of people who do play eitheir of these and then also wish to do a league and then at the times we use is just really small anyway so not sure if changing to anything would improve sign ups etc.
I did check and pitstops for rr are just as slow as usual also them and the f3000s only have slick and wet tyres dont know how this may affect any damp conditions without a intermediate tyre.
Did the pacifc league change back to f3000 recently how did it go for them anyone know ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back